Songs of Experience MegaThread - Meltdown or Getdown?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Say what?! Morleigh's been a choreographer, done photoshoots with their dads, done photoshoots with their kids, Adam has shared his privates, and Larry has shared his propensity for cosmetic surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

All of which has given you tremendous insight into their private lives. Incredible.

I wouldn't in a million years have thought it was deliberate, then I told my wife the story. She hasn't known a thing about any of this, so I went back to about June and told her everything. When I got to that, she said "they are so fucking stupid - that is obviously deliberate, because all of you train spotters will water at the mouth over it - but for what? Just release a fucking album!"

I love my wife.

:lol::lol::lol:

I had a conversation with a friend and said "U2 album releases matter". He then replied "All album releases matter"

What an insensitive jackass...some people will never get it!

Same. Those in the U2 team who monitor what's going on in the fan communities know that some of us are watching all social media accounts that are related to the band like hawks. So while it was most likely uploaded by accident, I wouldn't be surprised if their team also had some kind of input. We shall see if someone else uploads a snippet.

So they have a website that sucks so bad it causes tornadoes in neighboring states but a team monitoring social media and such?

That doesn't exactly compute for me.

If they actually don't release anything and play a greatest hits set at iHeart, there will be a fan assigned to follow them around and every time they say the word relevant, the fan will shout with all mustered fury: Yer fulla shite, ya old air biscuits.

The furry hat has spoken

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

Maybe Larry was killed in a car crash and they replaced him with a look a like?

Have we considered the possibility that Larry died in a bike crash in 2014 and they used Bono's "injury" to cover it up as both an excuse to carry on the band and an excuse for Bono to never play guitar again.....who knows....

I wouldn't in a million years have thought it was deliberate, then I told my wife the story. She hasn't known a thing about any of this, so I went back to about June and told her everything. When I got to that, she said "they are so fucking stupid - that is obviously deliberate, because all of you train spotters will water at the mouth over it - but for what? Just release a fucking album!"

I love my wife.

"train spotters" bang on! :lol:

seriously, though, did none of you see Morleigh's comment on the original cat video when someone specifically asked her about the music playing in the background, and she posted something about "4 guys from Dublin with a new album coming soon *smiley faces*"??

no one got a screen grab?? when i saw the original kitty clip, i didn't know the account was legit, and certainly didn't think the video and comment especially were legit as i would have thought she would know better than to let something slip and i just thought it was a fake account/post to troll or get attention - come on, we all know how controlling and secretive these bastards are with everything? no? yes? :lol:

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1473749209.241062.jpg
    ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1473749209.241062.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 21
The argument that it wouldn't make sense for them to communicate to a handful of lunatics watching their every move through social media, doesn't really hold up. They don't have to be geniuses to know that U2 fans follow amongst others Morleigh's instagram. Just look at some of the comments and user names. Very subtle ;) And even if only, say, 50 fans are following Morleigh's instagram, it's plain obvious that whatever relevant post she makes will be spread through facebook, forums etc, ultimately reaching a much larger fan base. I'm not saying it was on purpose. I'm divided on that question (odd timing and snippet of a song vs U2's subpar marketing team). But in any case they are well aware that what they and everyone close to the band posts, will very quickly reach a wider fan base.

seriously, though, did none of you see Morleigh's comment on the original cat video when someone specifically asked her about the music playing in the background, and she posted something about "4 guys from Dublin with a new album coming soon *smiley faces*"??

no one got a screen grab?? when i saw the original kitty clip, i didn't know the account was legit, and certainly didn't think the video and comment especially were legit as i would have thought she would know better than to let something slip and i just thought it was a fake account/post to troll or get attention - come on, we all know how controlling and secretive these bastards are with everything? no? yes? :lol:

Very interesting. Now that makes me think it was maybe indeed deliberate (posting or at leaving it up long enough). Otherwise she would have just pulled the clip.

Yes, I saw her comment on the original post.

So if this is true .. and this specific quote came from Instagram User "cyanmogi" (=Morleigh) ... that is an interesting tactic .. just tease a handful of hardcore fans who follow the wife of the band's guitarist ... then pull the clip from instagram and re-post a silent video showing a sleeping cat .. as nothing has ever happened.

I saw the quote as well mama cass. However, I didn't pay attention to who actually posted the quote as I assumed it to be one of the "train spotters = us" making it trying to get her to confirm something.

99% sure it was the same poster, but just assumed it was all fake at the time - a screen grab would be good! any way of accessing cached pages/history on an iphone? lol

The argument that it wouldn't make sense for them to communicate to a handful of lunatics watching their every move through social media, doesn't really hold up. They don't have to be geniuses to know that U2 fans follow amongst others Morleigh's instagram. Just look at some of the comments and user names. Very subtle ;) And even if only, say, 50 fans are following Morleigh's instagram, it's plain obvious that whatever relevant post she makes will be spread through facebook, forums etc, ultimately reaching a much larger fan base. I'm not saying it was on purpose. I'm divided on that question (odd timing and snippet of a song vs U2's subpar marketing team). But in any case they are well aware that what they and everyone close to the band posts, will very quickly reach a wider fan base.
See below.
So they have a website that sucks so bad it causes tornadoes in neighboring states but a team monitoring social media and such?

That doesn't exactly compute for me.

Thanks.

You're a coocoo bird if you think it was a purposeful guerilla marketing ploy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom