songs from the up and coming album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emeraldscorpio

The Fly
i've heard quite a few new songs from the up and coming album. North Star and Glastonbury are absolutely cracking tunes. what ones do you like of the new batch?

I've only been able to download the MP3 version. I know most people can't tell the difference, but I'm really looking to get it in FLAC. Does anyone have a link?

BTW, Larry dedicated the album to me.

if North Star and Glastonbury were supposed to be on the new album that never happened last year and this year, then i'm really glad that the band never released the album.

I like "Every Breaking Wave," mostly because parts of it are reminiscent of the prelude to "The Fly" on the Elevation Boston DVD, which I've always liked a lot.

but... does it have "hits" ?
What??? You think U2 -- and especially Paul McGuinness -- care about hits???

cat-laugh.gif

I agree with the notion that they made the right decision in not releasing that stuff.
They need to move away from those slowburn dad rockers and mid-tempo quasi-ballads and try to push the envelope a little bit.

Go big or go home.

I just heard the U2-Lou Reed collaboration and it's great. Really melodic and heavy. Reminds me of Bowie's Outside but with speed metal replacing jazz and industrial.

I agree with the notion that they made the right decision in not releasing that stuff.
They need to move away from those slowburn dad rockers and mid-tempo quasi-ballads and try to push the envelope a little bit.

Go big or go home.

i would hardly call Glastonbury a slow burner.

i've heard quite a few new songs from the up and coming album. North Star and Glastonbury are absolutely cracking tunes. what ones do you like of the new batch?

I think it's safe to say that we haven't heard a single song that will be included on any forthcoming album. NS, Gbury, EBW were reworked scrap metal used to spice up a drawn out tour.

I think it's safe to say that we haven't heard a single song that will be included on any forthcoming album. NS, Gbury, EBW were reworked scrap metal used to spice up a drawn out tour.

Well, u2 are on record saying that they worked with Danger Mouse on every breaking wave from summer 2010, and that the North Star version heard in Transformers was produced by RedOne. And given these are the producers they were/are working with towards a new album, it's likely at least a few of these tracks will survive.
But i'm fairly certain that if they do survive, they won't sound anything like how they did live (just compare the acoustic North Star to the one in transformers).

I'd like to hear one of the band members comment on why they didn't play "Glastonbury" at Glastonbury. I thought the song was pretty good, as far as 3 minute rockers go. Better than ABOY, at least!

The_acrobat said:
I'd like to hear one of the band members comment on why they didn't play "Glastonbury" at Glastonbury. I thought the song was pretty good, as far as 3 minute rockers go. Better than ABOY, at least!

That's a very low standard to surpass

I think ABOY is fine but yeah, "Glastonbury" was nice. If only they used it to replace GOYB in the setlist...:drool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom