Songs about War?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sami0201

Blue Crack Addict
Not sure if this is the right forum to post this in but aside from SBS, what U2 songs are about war? I have to do a school project and I need 2-5 songs that are about war. I figure U2 have more than one but none are popping out at me... I would appreciate the help!!

bullet the blue sky (el salvador)
the unforgettable fire (hiroshima)
silver and gold (apartheid in south africa)
mothers of the disappeared (argentina)

Also, 'Seconds' is about the Cold War.

But, to risk pointing out the obvious: of all the songs mentioned in this thread, only 'Unforgettable Fire' is truly about war in the traditional sense (i.e., an openly declared combat between 2 or more clearly defined parties).

Please, Sunday Bloody Sunday & Peace on Earth - (conflict in Northern Ireland)

yolland said:

But, to risk pointing out the obvious: of all the songs mentioned in this thread, only 'Unforgettable Fire' is truly about war in the traditional sense (i.e., an openly declared combat between 2 or more clearly defined parties).

I don't think that's obvious at all, because it couldn't be further from the truth.

I am not sure the Unforgettable fire is about war. I don't get that connection in the lyrics at all. I know the title was inspired by the peace museum in Chicago when Bono saw the pictures from Hiroshima and Nagasaki. New years day? That was inspired by Poland Solidarity movement led by Lec Walesa.

Back
Top Bottom