Some wedding songs!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DrTeeth

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Guess who's getting married!!!

My sister, WOOHOOO!!!!!

[oprah]Ya'll though it was me..?[/oprah]

Anyway, me being the U2 expert and all, she asked me to recommend 3 songs from U2 she could play at her wedding during three scenarios:

1. Entering the wedding hall (happy song);
2. Putting down the signatures (romantic song); and
3. Leaving the wedding hall (happy song, she thought of Beautifull Day :yes:).

This part of the wedding won't be in the church, so you don't have to take that into account.

So, what do we recommend? :sexywink:

:wave:

Dude, my best friend is getting married this summer, and Ive been thinking how cool it would be to be in a band (with someone who could sing) and play the U2 version of Unchained Melody for their first dance as a married couple. If you dont have a band, putting it over the PA would also work nicely.

these few sprang to mind as possibilities

Everlasting Love (1)
All I Want Is You (2)
Beautiful Day (3)
Luminous Times (1-2)
Unchained Melody (2-3)

..this thread reminds me of a wedding I was told about where the bride and groom choose to have the "Throne Room" orchestration which is used at the end of Star Wars-A New Hope when Luke/Han/Chewie collect their medals and however cheesy it sounded on paper it actually worked very well with them leaving the church

Last edited:
DrTeeth said:
[oprah]Ya'll though it was me..?[/oprah]

Why yes I did!

How about Wild honey?

*edit* Emmm...you said 3 songs. BD is a good idea, maybe Wild honey for entering the hall. (or maybe Trip through your wires for starters?) Mysterious ways?

Hmmmm...romantic song...Promenade? Hawkmoon 269 (too energetic probably)?

Last edited:
I remember at @U2.com column that specifically explained why you would never want to use All I Want Is You if you know the actual meaning of it.

Of course, I can't remember the reasons now.

AchtungJedi said:
I remember at @U2.com column that specifically explained why you would never want to use All I Want Is You if you know the actual meaning of it.

Of course, I can't remember the reasons now.

I remember reading that too...but, the way I interpret it, it is quite romantic. It's all in how you see it to be.

As for using BD to leave the wedding hall...I had actually been thinking recently that that would be a cool thing to do. :cute:

Back
Top Bottom