So what've we got so far? - a proposed map of the album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not that it matters, but how can you tell from that picture? :huh:
I wasn't really commenting on that picture. I am basing that statement on the combination of all of the recent pictures I have seen.

You are right it doesn't really matter but who wants to see a fat guy pushing 50 trying to rock?

I wasn't really commenting on that picture. I am basing that statement on the combination of all of the recent pictures I have seen.

You are right it doesn't really matter but who wants to see a fat guy pushing 50 trying to rock?

I'm all for comical slightly off base statements...but this one is kind of dumb.

are you just trying out some new material for you stand up act or something?

I thought this thread is about summarizing the latest album information, not about personal opinion on Bono's physical appearance.

If you want to take a look at what shape Bono is in today, you have to visit PLEBA, sorry mate.

:huh:

If you want to talk about Bonos weight and appearance I suggest visiting PLEBA. :wink:

Thank you for your time.

Everything must be overhauled.

Q introduces: Magnificent, Crazy Tonight, Stand Up (for sure), Winter, Every Breaking Wave

And confirms Unknown Caller, Get On Your Boots (tweak), Moment of Surrender, Breathe, No Line on the Horizon (2 versions?).

No mention of what we referred to as "Only Love." Different title?

If Only Love is separate we have 11 confirmed titles. That's right 11.

That's an album...
:ohmy:

Pretty freakin cool

Magnificent - Atmospheric sweep echoing ASOH

Crazy Tonight - Straight up pop, possible Will.I.Am production credit

Stand Up - Swaggering, featuring their hitherto unheard, funky selves. Propelled by some coruscating Edge guitar work, a signature feature of a number of the tracks. Features the lyric "Stand up to rock stars/Napoleon is in high heels/Be careful of small men with big ideas."

Breathe - Fuck off live rocker. Potentially both the best song the band had written and that he had worked on (Eno).

Moment of Surrender - A strident seven-minute epic recorded in a single take, sounds like a Great U2 Moment in the spirit of One.

No Line on the Horizon - Two versions of the title track: the first is another Unforgettable Fire-esque slow burner that builds to a euphoric coda, the second a punk-y Pixies/Buzzcocks homage that proceeds at a breathless pace.

Get Your Boots On - A heaving electro-rocker that may mark the destination point the band had been seeking on Pop.

Winter - Featuring lyric about a soldier in an unspecified war zone, surrounded by a deceptively simple rhythm track and an evocative string arrangement courtesy of Eno.

Unknown Caller - Stately. Recorded in Fez and opens with the sounds of birdsong taped by Eno during a Moroccan dawn.

Every Breaking Wave - Emotive Bono vocal and an appropriately grand swell of a climax. (My guess is that this is beach clip 5)

Only Love - We've all heard it. We all love it. U2.com clips in abundance suggest it will also be on the disc.

That's 11 folks

Pretty freakin cool

Stand Up - Swaggering, featuring their hitherto unheard, funky selves. Propelled by some coruscating Edge guitar work, a signature feature of a number of the tracks. Features the lyric "Stand up to rock stars/Napoleon is in high heels/Be careful of small men with big ideas."

Breathe - Fuck off live rocker. Potentially both the best song the band had written and that he had worked on (Eno).

Moment of Surrender - A strident seven-minute epic recorded in a single take, sounds like a Great U2 Moment in the spirit of One.

No Line on the Horizon - Two versions of the title track: the first is another Unforgettable Fire-esque slow burner that builds to a euphoric coda, the second a punk-y Pixies/Buzzcocks homage that proceeds at a breathless pace.

Get Your Boots On - A heaving electro-rocker that may mark the destination point the band had been seeking on Pop.

Winter - Featuring lyric about a soldier in an unspecified war zone, surrounded by a deceptively simple rhythm track and an evocative string arrangement courtesy of Eno.

Unknown Caller - Stately. Recorded in Fez and opens with the sounds of birdsong taped by Eno during a Moroccan dawn.

Every Breaking Wave - Emotive Bono vocal and an appropriately grand swell of a climax. (My guess is that this is beach clip 5)

Only Love - We've all heard it. We all love it. U2.com clips in abundance suggest it will also be on the disc.

That's 11 folks

I think Q may have confused Eno's comments--what they claim he said about Breathe is what I'm guessing he actually said about MoS. Breathe doesn't sound like something Eno would be over-the-moon about, even if it is a great rocking track.

Also: I don't see any reason why Magnificent couldn't be Only Love. I find it hard to believe that Only Love wouldn't have been played for Q--it's been in multiple videos and has been around a while. And it's clearly great and they would want to show it off. I'm betting it is Magnificent.

Pretty freakin cool

That's 11 folks

I think Q may have confused Eno's comments--what they claim he said about Breathe is what I'm guessing he actually said about MoS. Breathe doesn't sound like something Eno would be over-the-moon about, even if it is a great rocking track.

Also: I don't see any reason why Magnificent couldn't be Only Love. I find it hard to believe that Only Love wouldn't have been played for Q--it's been in multiple videos and has been around a while. And it's clearly great and they would want to show it off. I'm betting it is Magnificent.

Point taken, im not professing gospel, just collating the info we have

Yeah, I just wanted to hear other peoples' thoughts on these things--but probably best for the other thread. Thanks for putting this together.

at what point in the post did I say they were confirmed? I added it because it is the one most people are excited about

I was noting that fact, simply because you put it on a list where every other track is confirmed.

I was noting that fact, simply because you put it on a list where every other track is confirmed.

no, you were being snide because of the conversation in the other thread.

Q themselves say in the article that the songs aren't fully formed at the time they heard them, so, while 99% or whatever confirmed, still a chance it might have changed.

Also, it was a reaction to other peoples posts regarding it's notable abscence. It probably is one of the songs mentioned, we just don't know. I put it there because most people who have hearde the beach clips, and watched the U2.com clips know and love the song

Based on the description I am willing to bet 20 dollars that magnificent is "only love". Though I wouldnt agree with that to open the album...did Q mention that it was the first track of the album or that they heard?

Based on the description I am willing to bet 20 dollars that magnificent is "only love". Though I wouldnt agree with that to open the album...did Q mention that it was the first track of the album or that they heard?

It's either that or Every Breaking Wave: "Was beginning to take shape around an emotive Bono vocal and an appropriately grand swell of a climax. 'We might be on to something special there,' noted Bono." That description, plus the song title, plus the sound of the song itself in the beach clip makes me think EBW is beach clip 4.

Or, maybe it's just because of the sound of actual waves in the beach clip. :doh::wink:

(Oo, new acronyms!:drool:)

What's the consensus on beach clip #1's title?

I really want that one on the album, it's pretty much my favorite clip by now, as it's grown on me immensely.

Some people know more stuff about the new album than me? I must've fallen behind. :hmm:

What's the consensus on beach clip #1's title?

I really want that one on the album, it's pretty much my favorite clip by now, as it's grown on me immensely.

a few of us have been saying Unknown Caller, described by Q as stately. the shoe definitely seems to fit.

also, we know its chorus originated in fez based on the Here Is What Is film..

There are only 10 tracks mentioned so far out of a possible 15, enough room for FYL and COL plus a few unheard of.

Back
Top Bottom