So what've we got so far? - a proposed map of the album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the more and more I listen to BC4, the more I m certain it is Magnificent

Has a very ASOH atmosphere in the intro, and the guitars are a bit TUF era. The echo is much lighter, not a full delay, and the vocals just soar

Has a very ASOH atmosphere in the intro, and the guitars are a bit TUF era. The echo is much lighter, not a full delay, and the vocals just soar

Yep, now i'm sure. Magnificent seems like an awkward name, I always thought that there should be something added to it. Magnificent what? :hmm:

Yep, now i'm sure. Magnificent seems like an awkward name, I always thought that there should be something added to it. Magnificent what? :hmm:

I agree, I don't like the title much, either. The one good thing about it is that it's only one word. The future acronym will be: M (because I will misspell the damn word every time I have to write all of it).

Well, if its called Magnificent then it must be a magnificent song. Winter sounds mysterious and cold. Crazy Tonight just sounds like TTTYAATW version 2. Stand Up looks uplifting. I'll dish out the rest of my opinions later...

I agree, I don't like the title much, either. The one good thing about it is that it's only one word. The future acronym will be: M (because I will misspell the damn word every time I have to write all of it).

LOL!:applaud::laugh::laugh:

Magnificence would be better! ...and crazy tonight sounds like something poor from a dodgy late eighties early nineties band!:down:

I guess that judging from the statments about swagger and Edge's funkiness it won't be irreasonable to assume that FYL is now Stand Up.

http://media.u2.com/flash/highlights/larrystuff.swf

And Magnificent is deffinitely "Only love will..."

Listen closely to the very end of BC4 ("Only Love")...Is he not saying the word "magnificent" over and over? If so, that would pretty much confirm that "Only Love" = "Magnificent"...Anyone else hear it?

Listen closely to the very end of BC4 ("Only Love")...Is he not saying the word "magnificent" over and over? If so, that would pretty much confirm that "Only Love" = "Magnificent"...Anyone else hear it?

I can't listen to it right now since I'm at work, but as a word of caution: there were people who were ready to bet their livelihoods that Bono was singing No Line on the Horizon in that clip.

But I wouldn't be surprised if you were right, as I too believe that Only Love=Magnificent, simply by process of elimination. I have now seen almost every song title put forth as a possibility for Only Love in the last 24 hours, including MoS and Breathe. People have not been paying very close attention.

I can't listen to it right now since I'm at work, but as a word of caution: there were people who were ready to bet their livelihoods that Bono was singing No Line on the Horizon in that clip.

But I wouldn't be surprised if you were right, as I too believe that Only Love=Magnificent, simply by process of elimination. I have now seen almost every song title put forth as a possibility for Only Love in the last 24 hours, including MoS and Breathe. People have not been paying very close attention.

I certainly would not bet anything substantial on it...especially my livelihood. I'm just wondering if anyone else hears the same thing. It's like solving a puzzle and all we have are a few of the pieces. It's good sport really.

I also agree that much of the speculation on this board shows that many people just aren't paying that close of attention, that or there reasoning processes are flawed.

Has anyone else been able to decipher this? I can't listen to the clip for a few more hours...

I'm all for comical slightly off base statements...but this one is kind of dumb.

are you just trying out some new material for you stand up act or something?

Yes. I will work on some new material

It definitely sounds like he's singing 'magnificent' at the 4:20 mark.

Awesome, thanks! I can't wait to check this out. This is the "leaked" track that I'm most looking forward to. Non-leaked = MoS.

Yeah, it does sound like Magnificent at the end. Awesome--no surprise to me that this was the first song Q wanted to mention in the article.

I've realized that Bono also sings the word "magnificent" two other times in the song.

- at the very beginning he says "oh oh, magnificent" from about 0:10-0:15.
- again at 2:40
- then at the end from about 4:15-4:25 it sounds like "...enough to make you cry, oh oh oh, magnificent, magnificent"

So, in my mind at least, there is not much question that Beach Clip 4 a.k.a. "Only Love" is in fact "Magnificent". And if so, then it's the perfect name for it as that song truly is magnificent, whatever it might be called.

I've realized that Bono also sings the word "magnificent" two other times in the song.

- at the very beginning he says "oh oh, magnificent" from about 0:10-0:15.
- again at 2:40
- then at the end from about 4:15-4:25 it sounds like "...enough to make you cry, oh oh oh, magnificent, magnificent"

So, in my mind at least, there is not much question that Beach Clip 4 a.k.a. "Only Love" is in fact "Magnificent". And if so, then it's the perfect name for it as that song truly is magnificent, whatever it might be called.

I completely agree, and I'm now even more sure that clip 4 equals Magnificent than I am that clip 1 = Unknown Caller--that is to say, very sure. My feeling is (and has been for a few months) that this song is, with the possible exception of Beautiful Day, the most classic, eternal song that U2 have done since One.

I completely agree, and I'm now even more sure that clip 4 equals Magnificent than I am that clip 1 = Unknown Caller--that is to say, very sure. My feeling is (and has been for a few months) that this song is, with the possible exception of Beautiful Day, the most classic, eternal song that U2 have done since One.

:up: Totally agree regarding Clip 1.

...My feeling is (and has been for a few months) that this song is, with the possible exception of Beautiful Day, the most classic, eternal song that U2 have done since One.

The way you said this, I can't tell if you are referring to Clip 1 or Clip 4. Either way you are probably right though.

Exactly...almost like october-or at least, that would be the most obvious comparison. I hope they have another empty, lost, and longing sort of song-running to stand still, october, the first time...

After thinking about the song names mentioned, I'm really guessing that this album will be a cross between UF and AB. :drool:

I'm dying to know what he's signing about it that song. What would make him use that word over and over again? Interesting :hmm:

the chorus lyric essentially sounds like "only love is magnificent"

"love" could mean god, could mean ali, woman, oneness, etc. (sounds like some classic AB bono style lyrics..)
so, only it is/feels "magnificent"
what does magnificent feel like?
that song's groove

mmboy

Back
Top Bottom