Sigur Ros

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"introverted," "floaty and minimal," "ambient," and "a slow takeoff toward something" :drool:

The descriptions are awesome. Shit title though; their first in English sounds like a descriptor a Pitchfork reviewer would come up with if he left his thesaurus in another vest.

I didn't get from that article that "Floaty" is the title. It couldn't be the title. Because that would be bad.

Has anyone's copy of Inni showed up yet? I got a "order has shipped" email a week ago, but when I go to their site to try to track it, it says it's still being processed. Went to the forums, and people saying they have the same status, and no one knowing if they've actually been shipped or not.

The film will actually be showing here next weekend. :yippie:

Except I'll be out of town for work. :banghead:

There's a screening here tonight, but it's at 10:40 and I'm way too damn tired.

I haven't watched the DVD (came with both NTSC and PAL versions for some reason), but the cds are pretty good. Fljótavík in particular sounds fantastic.

The new studio song at the end of the last disc is really nice despite being instrumental. Potentially a taste of what we'll be getting on the next album?

I just listened to that new one. It reminds me of (). I hope this is the direction they're headed.

I dont know if the new song is reflective of any new direction. As far as I heard it was written a while ago and was just released with Inni.
Anyone see the film yet?

Also, here is a rare goody for Ros-fans. This is their first recorded concert ever and includes rare performances of songs never released. It is absolutely wonderful to see them starting up. This was in 1999 and as you can see some songs were written then that were not released for many years thereafter!

Here is the setlist and video:

(Tuning)
02 Lagið I Gær
03 E-Bow
04 Syndir Guðs
05 Von
06 The Christmas Song
07 Dánarfregnir Og Jarðarfarir
08 Sven-G-Engla
r
09- Popplagid starts but is cut after 1:00 :sad:

Sigur Rós - Live at Gaukur Stöng 1999 on Vimeo

Enjoy everyone!

I made it to a screening tonight. Despite my previous grumblings about the clips I'd seen, on a big screen in a small screening room with great sound and 25 other devoted fans: thrilling. So glad I could see it that way.

Has anyone listened to the We Bought a Zoo soundtrack yet? If so, what do you think? I didn't pay much attention to it, but I just heard a clip of the reworked version of Sinking Friendships and loved it. That's one of my fav. Jonsi tracks.

I don't listen to soundtracks until I see the movie but I'm looking forward to it.

Have you watched Inni yet?

I'm not mofo but I'll reply anyway.

I saw Inni yesterday. I enjoyed. The filming style worked well with the music. The end of #8 was the highlight (of course).

I also loved the archive footage in between the songs. The one where an interviewer asks if they've always made such "weird" music or if they started with more "normal" stuff was hilarious. The silence that followed was pretty telling.

Haha, that sounds good. I still haven't seen it. I'm so bad with music dvds. I haven't watched the Achtung Baby documentary yet either. Sheesh, I have some I probably bought 6 years or more ago that I still haven't seen! :huh:

I also loved the archive footage in between the songs. The one where an interviewer asks if they've always made such "weird" music or if they started with more "normal" stuff was hilarious. The silence that followed was pretty telling.

Did that remind you of another band in a another documentary? :wink:

No? It reminded me immediately of Rattle & Hum when Joanou asks the band a question and there is silence and then giggles.

after a break of over three years, sigur rós are going to be touring again in 2012.

this morning we’re delighted to announce that on the 9th of september, sigur rós will play at Bestival festival on the isle of wight in england. it’ll be their only show in the uk in 2012. information about the festival and tickets are available via our tour page.

more tour dates announced soon.

Radiohead, Sigur Ros and Madonna in the same year? I might spontaneously combust.

sigur rós will play at Bestival festival on the isle of wight in england. it’ll be their only show in the uk in 2012. information about the festival and tickets are available via our tour page.

Who do they think they are? The Cure?

Hmm, I don't get the reference but don't mind me: I also drove home for lunch today to the place where I used to live two weeks ago instead of to the place where I live now. I am presently a confused individual.

Oh the Cure just headlined last year and it was their only UK festival date (or at least they said it was going to be. Can't remember if that turned out to be true or not)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom