Shuttlecock XXXI: Someone start a new in-joke so we can get a better title

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess what thread related item my Best Buy had on the shelves already....

The only downside of buying things early is that the sale price was not yet in the system. Luckily I already had some reward zone certificates to offset that.

Was this at Ut Co. BB, u2pm? if so, I know where I'm going tomorrow...

What's this about the "Kingdom of Your Love" song showing up somehow on this DVD? On some sort of vinyl thing? Is it like a legit studio recording of the song, meaning we have a new U2 song?

I never really paid much attention to the song because I wasn't even sure it was a U2 song, but if it's now officially released I'm going to try to acquire it so that I can listen to it ad infinitum.

What's this about the "Kingdom of Your Love" song showing up somehow on this DVD? On some sort of vinyl thing? Is it like a legit studio recording of the song, meaning we have a new U2 song?

It's on the DVD as the intro song, just as on the tour. There's been speculation that the vinyl will be a version of that song, but no one has it yet, so we dont't know. The cover appears to say "U2 Soon," and as that's a key part of the song that we heard at the concerts, it's not the worst guess I've ever heard.

It would make sense - it's obviously a finished song, as it was used in the tour. I really hope that's what it is. And when I get my copy, I need to find someone who can take vinyl and convert it to digital.

I was able to understand it quite a bit more in the Blu-Ray than I could live, which was cool.

BoMac: Heed NSW's advice. My father's knees are awful because he tends to ignore injuries for lengthy periods of times, like walking around for six weeks after tearing his ACL. That type of thing. Avoid.

BoMac: Heed NSW's advice. My father's knees are awful because he tends to ignore injuries for lengthy periods of times, like walking around for six weeks after tearing his ACL. That type of thing. Avoid.

Thanks, Peef. I'm trying not to put any weight on it. If I have to move around I'll hop or swing depending on what I have to hold on to.

Thanks, Peef. I'm trying not to put any weight on it. If I have to move around I'll hop or swing depending on what I have to hold on to.

Early on, you have no choice but to listen to the barking of your hamstring.

The tricky part is when it feels like it's 80% or 90%...you think you're ready to go out and run around again, but, you're really not. You'll keep re-injuring it, it's almost a given.

Also, not sure if you stretch before you play ball....I never did until I turned 26 or 27, and then it was a necessity....anyway, if you do not stretch, you're going to want to start stretching the hammy before you play, once you're back on the field.

I hate to come off like an expert, I'm not, but I did pull hamstrings in both legs, at different times, both while playing softball.....and I learned a lot, both what to do and what not do, after pulling the first one.

By the way, nothing will ever top the last game I ever played without stretching....towards the end of the game, I hit a weak grounder to 3rd, and, because of my lack of speed I at least always ran hard....so, while running as hard as I could to 1st, I managed to pull both quads at once.....I went down like a ton of bricks. So, from that day on, I always took some time before games to stretch.

Anyway, blah blah blah, like I said last night, I hope the pain abates soon and that you're back to 100% quickly.

Early on, you have no choice but to listen to the barking of your hamstring.

The tricky part is when it feels like it's 80% or 90%...you think you're ready to go out and run around again, but, you're really not. You'll keep re-injuring it, it's almost a given.

Also, not sure if you stretch before you play ball....I never did until I turned 26 or 27, and then it was a necessity....anyway, if you do not stretch, you're going to want to start stretching the hammy before you play, once you're back on the field.

I hate to come off like an expert, I'm not, but I did pull hamstrings in both legs, at different times, both while playing softball.....and I learned a lot, both what to do and what not do, after pulling the first one.

By the way, nothing will ever top the last game I ever played without stretching....towards the end of the game, I hit a weak grounder to 3rd, and, because of my lack of speed I at least always ran hard....so, while running as hard as I could to 1st, I managed to pull both quads at once.....I went down like a ton of bricks. So, from that day on, I always took some time before games to stretch.

Anyway, blah blah blah, like I said last night, I hope the pain abates soon and that you're back to 100% quickly.

Thanks. I don't think I'll be running or doing any physical activity for a while, which is a shame because I was starting to work out. Ah well, c'est la vie.

Someone in The Other Place is saying that they've seen the vinyl, or have heard from a supplier or something, confirming that Kingdom (aka "Soon") is on the vinyl ... alas, it's the only thing on the vinyl, with the same thing on both sides.

Obviously, this dude isn't some official dude or anything, but I thought I'd share.

Still - new U2 music = yay.

Does a lion stretch before it takes down a gazelle?
~Zombieland

Seriously though, everyone should stretch before doing any sort of exercise, regardless of age.

Someone in The Other Place is saying that they've seen the vinyl, or have heard from a supplier or something, confirming that Kingdom (aka "Soon") is on the vinyl ... alas, it's the only thing on the vinyl, with the same thing on both sides.

Obviously, this dude isn't some official dude or anything, but I thought I'd share.

Still - new U2 music = yay.

That r sweetz, but I did not get the fancy "real fan" version.

:(

I'm assuming it will show up online within a day of it being released later this month. If not, I will ask around my musical type friends and ask if anyone has the capability to convert vinyl to digital.

Since I'm buying it and won't be able to play it, I feel justified in hunting down an mp3 of it. :wink:

I think the band should send it to everyone who bought tickets that turned into $100 pieces of paper. Bono's back is a douchebag.

[random]
4657053554_7e318fe9b9_b.jpg

What. The. Fuck.

[/random]

Does a lion stretch before it takes down a gazelle?
~Zombieland

Seriously though, everyone should stretch before doing any sort of exercise, regardless of age.

But, but..."experts" now say don't stretch before working out. Seriously, there was a new study in the last couple of years. Stretch yes, but not before working out, because stretching before working out actually causes the muscles to tighten rather than relax and therefore you should stretch after exercise rather than before. Apparently now you're supposed warm up the muscles but not stretch them before working out. Like, before doing weight training you should jump on the treadmill, for example, to warm the muscles up.

I did pull a muscle on the treadmill after stretching extensively before getting on the treadmill. And then I read that article right after that and had an a-ha moment.

But, I don't know. I'm just sayin' that's what they're sayin' now.
:shrug:

That image scares the hell outta me. :yikes: So creepy!

I have two good friends living in Guatemala right now, but thankfully their areas haven't been too badly damaged by the weather/volcano.

But, but..."experts" now say don't stretch before working out. Seriously, there was a new study in the last couple of years. Stretch yes, but not before working out, because stretching before working out actually causes the muscles to tighten rather than relax and therefore you should stretch after exercise rather than before. Apparently now you're supposed warm up the muscles but not stretch them before working out. Like, before doing weight training you should jump on the treadmill, for example, to warm the muscles up.

I did pull a muscle on the treadmill after stretching extensively before getting on the treadmill. And then I read that article right after that and had an a-ha moment.

But, I don't know. I'm just sayin' that's what they're sayin' now.
:shrug:

Athletes that play professional sports all stretch before playing their respective sports.....so, maybe one group is saying one thing, and another says another....which is not unusual. All I know is that if I do not stretch before playing sports, I pull something almost every time. When I do stretch, I don't pull anything. I wonder if there's a difference before "working out" and actually playing a sport where you're doing a lot of stopping and starting. Not sure.

I've felt the difference of stretching and not stretching before sports, and even just jogging, and I'm going to continue to stretch. Maybe the studies prefer a "warm up" type exercise to stretching, I don't know. Regardless, it seems like something needs to be done, as it feels horrible if you don't.

Also, that sinkhole horrifies me every time I see a picture of it. It's like something out of a terrible sci-fi movie, but real.

I do always jog around lightly before stretching for whatever that's worth.

Yeah, that makes sense. Because stretching cold muscles actually doesn't make sense when you think about it, even though I did it for years.

I hiked up a pretty steep mountain the other day and just fast-walked until I started the ascent and then stopped and stretched at various points along the way. That felt really good. And in Pilates (don't you laugh - it's quite vigorous at the advanced level and can make sports guys cry, ha) we always stretch at the end.

So I dunno. Just keep on doing what feels good I guess.

Yeah, that sinkhole is horrifying. Like something out of a bad sci-fi movie.

edit: I see I just said the same thing as mofo. Ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom