Shuttlecock XXXI: Someone start a new in-joke so we can get a better title

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess what thread related item my Best Buy had on the shelves already....

The only downside of buying things early is that the sale price was not yet in the system. Luckily I already had some reward zone certificates to offset that.

51X6kc1GGkL._AA300_.jpg

Damn! I should have stopped there on my way home. Oh well.

U2.com or something is organizing some sneak previews (well, not so much if it's already out in some stores) of the DVD tomorrow night. I'm going to try and go to the Seattle one, meet some new U2 fans, hang out, watch the DVD on a big screen and be generally obnoxious.

Yeah, the Rose Bowl concert. With Breathe as a bonus track and Boots as the opener, because surprise surprise, U2 likes to fuck with its fans. :)

Interesting hypothesis. What, then, do you think she means by "Poker Face"? Is "poker" an intentionally misspelling - perhaps I'd go so far as to call it a red herring - that should truly be a verb followed by the object, ie, Poke Her Face? Considering the apparent subject matter of the song, this could also fall under irony.

I do believe that Ian, with his love for vile puns, has just exploded.
You should hear my hypothesis about that one Kesha song. I swear if you just change one word, it looks like she's talking about drugs!

I only played 3 or 4 songs, but the quality and sound is great from what I've seen. My fears of it sounding and looking like the Youtube stream were definitely unnecessary. I watched the "bonus song", and still am not sure why they cut it. Edge's guitar is far too quiet in it, but that just seems like lazy mastering because they knew they weren't including it in the "official setlist".

For those of us who went to Chicago, there's a nice little 15 minute or so special on that show. It made me happy and sad at the same time, as it was cool to reminisce on awesome memories, but I'm now even more bummed about how much fun I would have been having on Thursday, but won't be. I will kick Bono's back's ass.

In true U2 fanatic fashion, I replaced the disc and cover into another Blu-Ray plastic case that had less scratches on it.

Ooh, I didn't know there was a little tidbit about Chicago. Man, I can't wait to check it out.

Apparently Bono is up and about in France. There's a picture of him with a fan, with Bono sitting in the passenger seat (Paul McG is driving), looking really relaxed and happy.

In other words, toooootally stoned on painkillers.

I only played 3 or 4 songs, but the quality and sound is great from what I've seen. My fears of it sounding and looking like the Youtube stream were definitely unnecessary.

The youtube stream is pretty much the main reason why I did not want to buy it. Your thoughts pretty much match what a friend of mine told me earlier today. thanks.

I was going on the assumption that there was no way the DVD would be the exact YouTube stream, because that was severely disappointing.

Happy to have confirmation that it's not. :up:

Isn't that what you were doing during your hiatus?

In a manner of speaking. :wink:

So I just finished playing slo-pitch and with one inning to go, I hit a dribbler down the third base line. In typical BoMac fashion, I hustled down to first when a few paces from the bag I heard - and then felt - a loud pop in the back of my right leg. I went down like Scumbo had just shot me with a musket. Looks like it's my hamstring. The pain was, and still is, indescribable. I'm not able to put any weight on it at all.

Torn or even pulled Hammys are torture. I have copious amounts of empathy here. Sorry.....

And, they do not heal up right away, they take time.

Good luck, and, do not be stubborn, do not run until you are ready.

In a manner of speaking. :wink:

So I just finished playing slo-pitch and with one inning to go, I hit a dribbler down the third base line. In typical BoMac fashion, I hustled down to first when a few paces from the bag I heard - and then felt - a loud pop in the back of my right leg. I went down like Scumbo had just shot me with a musket. Looks like it's my hamstring. The pain was, and still is, indescribable. I'm not able to put any weight on it at all.

Ouch. :sad: Hope the pain lessens soon.

Ouch! I'm sorry you got hurt. Time to rest up. Tell your boss to postpone your work. You need a minimum of 8 weeks to rest & rehab :wink: :hug:

Thanks, everyone. :hug:

Torn or even pulled Hammys are torture. I have copious amounts of empathy here. Sorry.....

I'm Italian, ergo I am stubborn. But I will heed your advice and not push things. Thanks.

Ouch! I'm sorry you got hurt. Time to rest up. Tell your boss to postpone your work. You need a minimum of 8 weeks to rest & rehab :wink: :hug:

Sounds like a good idea. If it's good enough for Boner, it's good enough for me. :wink:

What do you know about ham???

Nothing at all :reject:

fake vegetarian (ie only seafood)

I did not know that

There's an old Jewish joke that I'll shorten.....

A Jewish professor is teaching a World History class to his Hebrew School students. They talk about the recorded history of civilized China going back over 3,000 years....and then he goes on to mention that recorded Jewish history goes back over 5,700 years, so he asks the class what the comparison tells them about Jewish culture, and a student says "It tells me that Jews somehow went 2,700 years without Chinese food."

Please nobody correct me on how old recorded Chinese culture really is, it's just a joke......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom