Shuttlecock XXX: Now With More Labor Inducing Sex Talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, I was expecting Rihanna to come out with one of her S&M type outfits or like a leotard and tights, but it's just a really, really (like, really) short skirt.

Sad that the first thing I looked for was her outfit before looking for Bono. :lol:

Okay, I was expecting Rihanna to come out with one of her S&M type outfits or like a leotard and tights, but it's just a really, really (like, really) short skirt.

Sad that the first thing I looked for was her outfit before looking for Bono. :lol:

Most people were dressed down so it would be more about Haiti and the music than personalities so I thought she was a bit out of place but I liked the performance (although for a long time it seemed like Bono's mic was turned off or something! she totally drowned him out).

Edge's guitar work on that Haiti song is better than like 2/3 of NLOTH. I was shocked that he was the most disappointing member of the band on NLOTH.

Edge's guitar work on that Haiti song is better than like 2/3 of NLOTH. I was shocked that he was the most disappointing member of the band on NLOTH.

i never found Edge to be disappointing on NLOTH. compared to HTDAAB, he was less prominant and more of an accomoniment. i actually found his role very refreshing. :up:

Most people were dressed down so it would be more about Haiti and the music than personalities so I thought she was a bit out of place but I liked the performance (although for a long time it seemed like Bono's mic was turned off or something! she totally drowned him out).

I would agree that she could have gone a little more toward the conservative side, but I suppose compared to some of her performance outfits, she probably thought she was already there!

I think part of the problem with the vocals was that Bono was singing the same notes as Rihanna, and his breathy falsetto didn't carry well enough over her stronger voice.

I'm told it's a better mix on the studio version. Haven't downloaded it off itunes yet, but will this morning.

Would it help if he could make your baby finally show up?

He's a helpful dude, I'm sure he could do something useful.

That might work. The baby might just crawl out after two hours to look up at Bono and say "Dude. Do you ever shut up?"

i never found Edge to be disappointing on NLOTH. compared to HTDAAB, he was less prominant and more of an accomoniment. i actually found his role very refreshing. :up:
But the parts where he was supposed to take over, he was really weak. The solo on Magnificent? Awful. Moment of Surrender? It seemed intentionally laid back, but I still feel like a lot more could have been done there (the outro was pretty cool, though). Unknown Caller? Hyped, but nothing special, really.

He mailed in Magnificent, though. The whole thing. Aside from the riff? The verses, he could have done something and is just playing the chords. Bono could do that (maybe). And the solo is just awful.

So I think this Stranded song sounded better live from what I watched on Youtube than the actual studio version. Regardless, it's a 100x better song than I ever expected, though that's kinda irrelevant and besides the point, I guess.

But the parts where he was supposed to take over, he was really weak. The solo on Magnificent? Awful. Moment of Surrender? It seemed intentionally laid back, but I still feel like a lot more could have been done there (the outro was pretty cool, though). Unknown Caller? Hyped, but nothing special, really.

He mailed in Magnificent, though. The whole thing. Aside from the riff? The verses, he could have done something and is just playing the chords. Bono could do that (maybe). And the solo is just awful.

agree to disagree, i guess.

Don't get me wrong, NLOTH is the best album they've done this decade, and its main shortcomings are still Bono, but I felt like Edge took a backseat on this album a little too frequently.

i wish to age exactly as Sting has.

for you...
telethon7.jpg

Don't get me wrong, NLOTH is the best album they've done this decade, and its main shortcomings are still Bono, but I felt like Edge took a backseat on this album a little too frequently.

it's weird, maybe i'm just going through a phase right now, but i can't get enough of HTDAAB lately.

It's not a bad album. Its tracklisting is poorly organized and they butchered a couple of songs, but it's solid.

ATYCLB sucks, I cannot stress that highly enough.

It's not a bad album. Its tracklisting is poorly organized and they butchered a couple of songs, but it's solid.

ATYCLB sucks, I cannot stress that highly enough.

i have two alternate tracklist orders for both albums that make it work better for me:

ATYCLB

1. Beautiful Day
  2. Elevation
  3. Walk On
  4. Stuck In A Moment
  5. Summer Rain
  6. In A Little While
  7. Kite
  8. New York
  9. Stateless
  10. When I Look At The World
  11. The Ground Beneath Her Feet

HTDAAB

1. City Of Blinding Lights
  2. Vertigo
  3. Miracle Drug
  4. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
  5. Original Of The Species
  6. Fast Cars
  7. Mercy
  8. Smile
  9. Crumbs From Your Table
  10. One Step Closer
  11. Yahweh

I stopped listening to the real albums and have since worked with alternate lists, too, with alternate versions, B-sides, etc...

In my opinion, ATYCLB is the only "good" album they released last decade (in regards to actual "album" format, flow, consistency, theme, etc.)

:shrug:

In my opinion, ATYCLB is the only "good" album they released last decade (in regards to actual "album" format, flow, consistency, theme, etc.)

:shrug:

:hi5:

Much as I liked NLOTH when it first came out, I haven't listened to it since around March, so it had a brief run for me. I played the hell out of ATYCLB for at least a year. But as I've said before, it was more a sentimental thing, what was going on in my life at the time, that made it "important" for me. I've never been sure how good it actually is - I just know it worked for me at the time and I would probably still choose to listen to it more than the last 3 on most days even though I'm pretty sick of a lot of the songs on it.

i like all their albums this decade.

ATYCLB is warm, inviting, comforting, and classic.

Bomb is a thrill ride

NLOTH is expansive and often strange and rewarding

i suppose this means i have no taste and that i blindly follow everything they do.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom