Shuttlecock XI: Yes Virginia, You Did Save Bono's Life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:( album is almost over

Theme From The Swan was once voted the worst U2 song ever on here, wasn't it? The fuck?

The Swan is basically the start of a post-rock epic.

Shame it's missing the post-rock epic.

Let's Go Native is such a cool little groovy track. Again, the rhythm section makes it wonderful.

Larry, you're such a silly person.

Let's Go Native is such a cool little groovy track. Again, the rhythm section makes it wonderful.

Larry, you're such a silly person.

It's like he actively hates whenever he did anything interesting.

No wonder nobody ever talks about him as a great or creative drummer. He seems to think that the more boring he plays the better it is.

okay from the swan isn't boring, it's just there. i'd rate it last as it's the only track that does nothing at all for me.

let's go native is very groovy and i like it a lot. like Bono's little vocal flourishes and the drums sound very Zoo Station

Except for perhaps four songs, this album is a blast and even its failures are largely commendable.

So YouTube played Zooropa after this.

I must say it works splendidly.

Bottoms should be used for intermission (if there must be one) and lead into actual The Fly

The first ten songs have some of the best sequencing of any U2 album. ADKOB doesn't really stand on its own and Corpse may be a touch too long but they're minor complaints and everything flows.

The final four songs see things come apart a bit. Really the album would be better if, after One Minute Warning, it just went Plot 180, Let's Go Native, end.

The first ten songs have some of the best sequencing of any U2 album. ADKOB doesn't really stand on its own and Corpse may be a touch too long but they're minor complaints and everything flows.

The final four songs see things come apart a bit. Really the album would be better if, after One Minute Warning, it just went Plot 180, Let's Go Native, end.

Sure Bottoms is just an instrumental take on Zoo Station, but it's a COOL instrumental take on Zoo Station.

Bottoms should be used for intermission (if there must be one) and lead into actual The Fly

That would be less objectionable than teasing everybody with a PA version of a top ten fucking song while keeping bloody Desire, Elevation, Pride, WOWY, whatever in the setlist.

Don't you dare touch Corpse. Corpse is great.

It's both weird and fucked up, and also accessible and melodic. Man, fucking Slug. It just got me this time around. What a song.

Oh yeah, I guess move Corpse to precede One Minute Warning, because that makes more sense really than wedging it between OMW/Plot 180.

90s U2 is one of my favorite single decades for any band. I wish more people appreciated it besides hardcore fans, but relative obscurity has never stopped me from liking something before.

Everyone. Everyone! I've just figured out why Larry hates Passengers!

Somebody stole his CD and replaced it with Viva Davidoff x14.

I wonder how many people were annoyed about Lemon 'only' being an intermission song on Popmart, though I expect a lot of those people would've had an idea about Bono's vocal troubles at the time

Back
Top Bottom