Shuttlecock XI: Yes Virginia, You Did Save Bono's Life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We'll either get a London Calling snippet tonight, or a full performance of California. Because the band is weird like that.

I predict London will be the 3rd of 4 cities to get Crystal Ballroom (not tonight, probably Friday) with Dublin being the obvious 4th.

ooh, I didn't even think about Crystal Ballroom in Dublin.

I hope I get to hear it. Hope they don't save any surprises for the last two shows. Spread 'em out, boys!

And come on, if they're going to ever play ASOH, it should be at the first Dublin show. Because to play it at a later show? Not really a homecoming, is it? ;)

Oooooh that reminds me I've got a dope Instagram post lined up for Thursday - going to my favourite holiday spot wif mah gurl and I'm gonna take a lovely pic of the beach and caption it "oh don't sorrow no don't weep for tonight at last I am coming home"

wif mah gurl

facepalm-1.jpg

congrats, btw

Someone in the set list thread correctly guessed which rotational songs would be played tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Someone in the set list thread correctly guessed which rotational songs would be played tonight.

Desire / AOH / ISHF have all been played on every night #2 during this leg.

Then there's like a 90% chance of OOC / 10% chance of Gloria given Electric Co. was played yesterday.

[TWEET]658783001791307776[/TWEET]

I wouldn't call it predicting :wink:

Patti Smith onstage in London to close the show with People Have the Power. It sounds fucking awesome.

Bono looked like he was going to cut a wrestling promo at one point during that song.

Oooooohhhh yeeeeaaahhh! Hogan!

So today Bono smashed the previous record of 18 snippets in a show by singing 22.

All I Want Is You also finally got an airing on the European leg.

Otherwise the setlist was about what you'd expect.

I decided today that Tripped Through Your Wires is one of my least favorite U2 songs.

:up: :up:

Though, of course, this takes the terribleness of that song to such an extreme that it becomes awesome:

I will never understand the dislike for Trip Through Your Wires, let alone any degree of hatred.

I will never understand the dislike for Trip Through Your Wires, let alone any degree of hatred.

I don't like harmonicas or country music?

(I realise it's not country, but the influence is plain as day.)

Me neither. I've always liked it.

Just because it's the least complex song on JT doesn't make it bad. It has energy and a catchy chorus. What's the problem, Bono's yelps?

To act like it's an atrocity on the level of Cock Crazy makes no sense to me.

EDIT: just saw Axver's explanation. Disliking something based on genre alone is lame, but whatever, I'm not surprised.

Back
Top Bottom