September 20, 21 Gillette Stadium, Foxboro Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just think- as soon as the game's over they start building The Claw!
I wonder if leave the astroturf down???

Yeah, I think it's the combination of weekday + Foxboro instead of Boston. I think if the concert was held at the TD Banknorth Garden (what used to be Fleet Center) we would see more demand for tickets. I'm thinking there are a lot of U2 fans willing to travel between cities or even countries, but only if the venue is in center city or easily accessible by public transportation. I know that played a part in my decision on which shows to go to.

And now since they moved up the NY show to Wednesday, I probably won't be able to come to the second show in Boston. Too many weekday shows. I wished I work at a place that would allow me to swap shifts instead of burning my vacation days...

I'm with you on that point...this date shift is also making me not want to do practically 4 back to back GAs....I am so glad the train to Giants Stadium is finished....I was dreading that parking lot wait what with the porta-potty/no restaurants in comparison to MSG where I can zip home on the subway to shower midday but now GS seems like a dream come true compared to Gillette!

I'm with you on that point...this date shift is also making me not want to do practically 4 back to back GAs....I am so glad the train to Giants Stadium is finished....I was dreading that parking lot wait what with the porta-potty/no restaurants in comparison to MSG where I can zip home on the subway to shower midday but now GS seems like a dream come true compared to Gillette!

(kinda OT...) We're not leaving Boston till late Thursday morning, so I *wish* we could hop down to the 9/23 show (and see MUSE), but it seems too expensive to get the right transportation. Nothing but flights get us back to Boston in time, and either way we'd be stuck in NYC overnight.

(kinda OT...) We're not leaving Boston till late Thursday morning, so I *wish* we could hop down to the 9/23 show (and see MUSE), but it seems too expensive to get the right transportation. Nothing but flights get us back to Boston in time, and either way we'd be stuck in NYC overnight.

In the event that you are looking for a cheap way to get to NY from Boston, there is a bus service called Fung Wah that goes from Boston/South Station to Chinatown in NYC and back...it is only $15 each way and it is a 4 hour ride. Also, Peter Pan is I think $18 or $21 depending on the time you go each way if you book ahead online. Of course, this still makes a hotel stay necessary..but just in case...I think they may run buses in the middle of the night to arrive early in the morning...kind of like a red eye thing. There is a new train service to Giants Stadium from Penn Station in NYC as well which eliminates the traffic issues previously encountered with the buses heading in and out of the stadium for shows/games.

Just got my tix for 9/21!

Conveniently, my company scheduled me to travel from Memphis to Connecticut next Sunday for the whole week. And conveniently, I had enough frequent flyer miles to get my wife up there as well. SO... I conveniently picked up tix on StubHub today for the 9/21 show in Foxboro. So excited -- this will be our 2nd U2 show (after seeing Vertigo in San Diego)! I'll need to leave work a bit early on Monday to make the 2 (plus traffic?) hour drive to Gillette, but I know it's going to be worth it. Seats are way up in Sec. 311 Row 9, but no matter -- it seems that the show is amazing no matter where you're sitting... :)

In the event that you are looking for a cheap way to get to NY from Boston, there is a bus service called Fung Wah that goes from Boston/South Station to Chinatown in NYC and back...it is only $15 each way and it is a 4 hour ride. Also, Peter Pan is I think $18 or $21 depending on the time you go each way if you book ahead online. Of course, this still makes a hotel stay necessary..but just in case...I think they may run buses in the middle of the night to arrive early in the morning...kind of like a red eye thing. There is a new train service to Giants Stadium from Penn Station in NYC as well which eliminates the traffic issues previously encountered with the buses heading in and out of the stadium for shows/games.

Our flight back here's at 11:30, so those buses leave NYC too late (e.g. 7am, we wouldn't get to Boston till 11...). :(

OH WAIT, PETER PAN HAS MIDDLE-OF-THE-NIGHT BUS TIX....(oh dear...)

Our flight back here's at 11:30, so those buses leave NYC too late (e.g. 7am, we wouldn't get to Boston till 11...). :(

OH WAIT, PETER PAN HAS MIDDLE-OF-THE-NIGHT BUS TIX....(oh dear...)

Yes...it's true...you could avoid the hotel altogether and take either the Peter Pan 12:10am bus (arrives at 4:50am) or the 3:30am (arrives 8:05am) at South Station....not that I'm trying to tempt you but if you really wanted to be crazy...you could! :hmm:

Have you considered Amtrak? There is a million trains a day that run from DC to Boston and vice versa and you can take NJ transit to the Meadowlands. If you need directions from Penn Station to the Meadowlands let me know.

I've got two extra GA tickets for monday's foxboro show. I'm going to go to sunday's show but cannot stay for monday. Problem is, I don't have transportation from cambridge/boston to foxoboro and back on sunday. I heard something about a "rock bus" people were putting together. Can someone please send me info about it? I would be happy to trade my two tickets for monday's show for a ride on the rock bus for me and one other person. Thanks

Yes...it's true...you could avoid the hotel altogether and take either the Peter Pan 12:10am bus (arrives at 4:50am) or the 3:30am (arrives 8:05am) at South Station....not that I'm trying to tempt you but if you really wanted to be crazy...you could! :hmm:

UGH, YOU HAVE NO IDEA. I think the 3:30'd be best, I'd be worried about missing the 12:10 one, and by 3:30, we'll definitely be able to sleep on the bus, haha. My sister really wants to see Muse too, but she already nixed seeing U2 twice, I dunno if she wants to go to NYC badly enough to go for this craziness.

Have you considered Amtrak? There is a million trains a day that run from DC to Boston and vice versa and you can take NJ transit to the Meadowlands. If you need directions from Penn Station to the Meadowlands let me know.

Amtrak's sadly pretty much an airfare price, a bit too much.

Just like to mention again that I have 2 GA's available for the Sunday show - my other post about this is good and buried now!

Also, anyone have a plan on where to ditch their vehicular before the stadium parking lots open, while they wait on the GA line?

:hmm:

UGH, YOU HAVE NO IDEA. I think the 3:30'd be best, I'd be worried about missing the 12:10 one, and by 3:30, we'll definitely be able to sleep on the bus, haha. My sister really wants to see Muse too, but she already nixed seeing U2 twice, I dunno if she wants to go to NYC badly enough to go for this craziness.

Well...having been doing this since the early 80s I probably have some idea...! LOL I can only say that I was considering the o/n bus to avoid another hotel night in Foxboro but am not sure I could make the last bus out of Foxboro back to Boston the night of the show if I had to pick up my bags at the hotel first...good luck if you decide to go for it!

I just discovered this U2 ticket trade on FB..maybe it will help those of us desperate to sell extras! Is it me or is it odd to see so many extra tix for U2 in Boston? I know for me the issue is logistics/cost/proximity to the rescheduled NJ show but I'm definitely wondering what is up with the surplus this tour.

Tony Quinn - New York, NY | Facebook

Fine with me. more space in the pit!

Well...having been doing this since the early 80s I probably have some idea...! LOL I can only say that I was considering the o/n bus to avoid another hotel night in Foxboro but am not sure I could make the last bus out of Foxboro back to Boston the night of the show if I had to pick up my bags at the hotel first...good luck if you decide to go for it!

Aww. :D I just looked at the Peter Pan site again (for Foxboro this time), and it says the station is closed on Sundays, lame.

Hi all, Im from Australia and this will by first U2 show on foreign soil :) Im staying in Boston over the weekend because I thought the stadium would be close... woops! Ive been reading all your posts for some advice on transport, so thankyou! Wondering if anyone from the area would think that it would be ok to catch the train from Boston to Mansfield Station and just taxi/cab it from there to the stadium, and then in reverse order on the way back. Does this sound feasible?

Just wanted to get any info on parking lots close by, but not in the stadium parking lot. We're bringing our two kids to the show, so not doing GA obviously, and we're looking to avoid as much post-concert traffic as possible. I think it's easier to get out from the other lots, correct? Also, are they always open for every event? Does anyone know how much it is to park in these lots? Is it easy enough to walk from them and go to Patriot's Place in the afternoon? We're probably getting to Foxboro at 3pm. Thanks for any info.

I would recommend using the other lots too. There are tons of extra lots, some less than 1/2 mile away for around $40, between 1/2 mile to 1 mile for around $30, and a few more than 1 mile probably around $20 or $25. Probably easier to get out since they are smaller. And I'm pretty sure they would be open for a huge concert like this. Most of the lots that I've seen are south of Gillette Stadium on route 1. I would recommend parking on the same side that you will be exiting on, since it is sometimes hard to cross traffic.

Aww. :D I just looked at the Peter Pan site again (for Foxboro this time), and it says the station is closed on Sundays, lame.

Really? I checked the route for Boston to Foxboro on Peter Pan for Sunday the 21st since I may catch that bus...there is a schedule but I didn't see anything about the station being closed. This could be a problem. Please, someone buy my GAs....I'm not sure I can spend another day overthinking this trip! LOL

I've tried to read through this to figure out what's up with the GA line. I appreciate everyone sharing information here, because I'm kind of freaking out! My sister is in town from New Zealand and will be going to the show with me. We were supposed to go to the Auckland show during the last tour that got canceled and she couldn't go when it got rescheduled, so I want to give her the best show possible.

We're at the North Attleboro Holiday Inn Express so I guess we will be driving to the stadium on Sunday morning and parking somewhere I have no idea where. Hopefully getting there around 9 or so in the morning will get us a good spot.

Hi all, Im from Australia and this will by first U2 show on foreign soil :) Im staying in Boston over the weekend because I thought the stadium would be close... woops! Ive been reading all your posts for some advice on transport, so thankyou! Wondering if anyone from the area would think that it would be ok to catch the train from Boston to Mansfield Station and just taxi/cab it from there to the stadium, and then in reverse order on the way back. Does this sound feasible?

That's an option to get you out to Gillette, but it won't work for the return trip. The last train from Mansfield to South Station leaves just after 10pm.

Really? I checked the route for Boston to Foxboro on Peter Pan for Sunday the 21st since I may catch that bus...there is a schedule but I didn't see anything about the station being closed. This could be a problem. Please, someone buy my GAs....I'm not sure I can spend another day overthinking this trip! LOL

It's when I went to try to find info on the stations, to see how far away it was from Gillette. You could click on "info" or "map" of each, and the "info" was where it said [not much] that it was closed on Sundays. But hey, maybe you can still get on/off there, just not go in to use a bathroom or buy tickets? I'd call and ask, since it doesn't say anything about it being closed anywhere else...

It's when I went to try to find info on the stations, to see how far away it was from Gillette. You could click on "info" or "map" of each, and the "info" was where it said [not much] that it was closed on Sundays. But hey, maybe you can still get on/off there, just not go in to use a bathroom or buy tickets? I'd call and ask, since it doesn't say anything about it being closed anywhere else...

Oh yay, another roadblock in this trip that isn't meant to be. I just looked at the schedule and if it said Daily or Sunday I assumed the bus existed...I did a search for Boston South Station to Foxboro...I'll call tomorrow...or who knows, by some miracle, someone will buy my tickets so I can just concentrate on the more local shows!

I think there is also a train station in Mansfield (commuter rail perhaps?)...but the service seems a bit limited and doesn't run late..but that's an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom