San Jose #2 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alfredo is a die hard Northern Cali fan. His kid loves U2. He was adorable onstage. Rockin out, knew the words.. totally cute. I'll be uploading pics and video tomorrow.

Strange that this is the second night they have skipped the troubles from the printed setlist, thought this had good potential

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Strange that this is the second night they have skipped the troubles from the printed setlist, thought this had good potential

One of the strange mysteries of this tour. :scratch:

Did Lykke Li told the band to stop playing this song live or something?

Sometimes these guys boggle my mind. Why "Invisible"? It's a half assed song that wasn't even on an album. NOBODY cares!!! And no "The Troubles"?!?!?!?!

Yeah - Invisible has been noted many times by people at the shows as a real highlight, and one of the most universally wanted of the newer material...

Sample size is small yet, but it sounds like the Night 2 setlists are kicking the tar out of the Night 1 sets.

Electric Co last night? Shocking, I tell you.

The opening sequence has never been what needed work.

Someone's suggestion earlier about putting Troubles in the Hands spot is a good one.

Anyone have a video of The Wanderer interlude?

On to Phoenix...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using U2 Interference mobile app

Sample size is small yet, but it sounds like the Night 2 setlists are kicking the tar out of the Night 1 sets.

Electric Co last night? Shocking, I tell you.

The opening sequence has never been what needed work.

Someone's suggestion earlier about putting Troubles in the Hands spot is a good one.

Anyone have a video of The Wanderer interlude?

On to Phoenix...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using U2 Interference mobile app

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtMNP30PMhA

I'm really confused by the lack of California, especially because it sounded really good in Vancouver.

I'm still getting over The Electric Co. So fucking awesome.

And yeah, wow, two California shows and they haven't played California. That's just weird.

Maybe 20+ years down the track they'll suddenly recognise its connection to the place, like how Angel Of Harlem has never had any special connection to shows in New York until very, very recently.

Europe is awake: curious about what they played tonight (last night for me that is). Anyone's got the entire set summed up?

May I introduce you to a little website I only discovered today: U2's San Jose #2 setlist, 19/05 - U2gigs.com

:wink:

I will withhold complete judgment until I see a show. But from a setlist perspective, so far, it is just average for me. Will be interesting to see what kind of changes there are when it is more than a 2 night stand.

Staging looks cool and band seem to be putting on a good show. I guess that is what is the most important.

Sometimes these guys boggle my mind. Why "Invisible"? It's a half assed song that wasn't even on an album. NOBODY cares!!! And no "The Troubles"?!?!?!?!

Invisible WAS on an album. It's a hidden "invisible" track on the deluxe version of SoI with the acoustic material.

And Invisible is going over extremely well as part of the show. Crowd reaction has been really really positive based on what I've seen via social media and YT.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Sorry for the late reply, I was at the show last night- the crowd surprisingly sang along with most of the new songs, they sang along with pretty much every song, lol. U2 is so much better in arenas, imho. The crowd is a much higher percentage of hardcore fans.

That's good to hear. So many people listening to SOI after the Apple download must have had some kind of effect :lol:

Last night show had a better crowd response. Energy level was higher and the call and response from Bono was great!

Had GA's on Monday and it was great, but throw in Bad and The Electric Co and it made that (mostly) static set list pop with some needed energy last night.

And yeah, wow, two California shows and they haven't played California. That's just weird.

Troubles & California may go into semi-permanent hibernation after the LA shows. 4 shows into the tour they are 1/4 or 1/6 if you count the pair of dress rehearsals.

Invisible WAS on an album. It's a hidden "invisible" track on the deluxe version of SoI with the acoustic material.

Do you consider Holy Joe/Ground Beneath/Zoo Station remix and any other regional exclusive bonuses on past releases to be "album tracks"? 1-2 of those may have even outsold the current SOI deluxe version.

It's easier to just include Invisible on the album. It's a bonus track, but not really because they actually released it as a single independent of the album.
It doesn't really matter, though. All that matters is that they released a full version of the song and is a live staple on this tour. Makes me happy enough.

Do you consider Holy Joe/Ground Beneath/Zoo Station remix and any other regional exclusive bonuses on past releases to be "album tracks"?

It's easier to just include Invisible on the album. It's a bonus track, but not really because they actually released it as a single independent of the album.

:doh:

Back
Top Bottom