San Jose #2 Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There were actually five Pop songs played on Elevation - Discotheque, SATS, Gone, Please, and Wake Up Dead Man. (Though none of them appeared on all three legs.)

However, since the end of Elevation, there have been just three performances of Pop songs: two of Discotheque on the Vertigo Tour in September 2005 and one of SATS at a Clinton event in late 2011.
Wow. See I knew they played a bit of Pop on Elevation but didn't even realize they've all but ignored that album since. I can't believe with that massive 360 stage they didn't play anything off Pop. Huge missed opportunity. They must really dislike that album which is odd because it's a great album.

Wow. See I knew they played a bit of Pop on Elevation but didn't even realize they've all but ignored that album since. I can't believe with that massive 360 stage they didn't play anything off Pop. Huge missed opportunity. They must really dislike that album which is odd because it's a great album.

They rehearsed more Pop material for Vertigo and even planned a "Popcore" encore. Discotheque was the only song they played in concert in the end, but they also ran through Mofo and Velvet Dress. And it's not quite Pop, but they were also working on Daddy's Gonna Pay.

SAP Center at San Jose - San Jose, CA - May 19, 2015

---------- Baby I Love You / Beat on the Brat ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - The Electric Co. / Send in the Clowns (snippet)
03 - Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio? (snippet) / Vertigo / God Save the Queen (snippet)
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
09 - Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
10 - Until the End of the World
---------- INTERMISSION: The Wanderer ----------
11 - Invisible
12 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
13 - Mysterious Ways / Young Americans (snippet)
14 - Desire / 1969 (snippet) / Love Me Do (snippet)
15 - Sweetest Thing
16 - Every Breaking Wave
17 - Bullet the Blue Sky
18 - The Hands That Built America (snippet) / Pride (In the Name of Love)
19 - Beautiful Day

We'll probably have to wait until 2017 for them to pay any attention to Pop, as it will be the 20th anniversary :eek:

Maybe the DELUXE POP will be ready by the end of the 2016 shows and we will get some POP tunes then?

That will be their excuse for NOT putting out SOE, by way of putting out POP Deluxe. LOL.

Happened with AB set coming out instead of Song of Ascent.

Back
Top Bottom