San Jose 2 setlist party thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree about Electric Co - it's got amazing energy live. The crowd really gets into it, too, which is really cool considering probably a large percentage have never heard it before.

Last edited:
celticbhoy said:
Hi Guys .....
I'll be happy to supply updates for tonights show , although because i'm at work ( monday afternoon here ) and can't be on the phone to america for 2 hours solid , i will probably hear the first 3 songs , then call in sporadically during the show.....

Hopefully someone has a more continuous live feed ?

T minus 50mins.....

:up: Cool Thanks

Axver said:
This idiot hasn't been to any shows and has been posting the exact same thing in every post. A clear troll, and a pathetic one at that.

It's actually pretty funny, whenever I see his username I know the post is WOWY, UTEOTW, WALK ON and BAD need to be played.

I almost want U2 to get on stage and play just those 4 songs to see if this person would then complain that there are another 18 songs missing.

:lmao: :lmao:

I've heard such different opinions about STREETS this tour; people liking it; people not; those of you who have seen both; what is your opinion?

ramblin rose said:

It's actually pretty funny, whenever I see his username I know the post is WOWY, UTEOTW, WALK ON and BAD need to be played.

I almost want U2 to get on stage and play just those 4 songs to see if this person would then complain that there are another 18 songs missing.

:laugh:

Niceman said:
I don't have a problem with the version, but I do think the song is overplayed. I was pretty bored during the whole Pride-Streets-One set.

Really? I loved it! I honestly don't think I could ever get tired of those songs, especially played live.

I think one of the problems with the Pride-Streets combo is that the segue really adds a heavy burden with the inclusion of the African suffering (though one could argue that we should have that burden brought before us so we can begin taking it seriously). Streets is usually such a release, and it starts out laden down with the heaviness of the African crisis (though it does rise out of it quickly). I think the performance of the song itself is really, really good, just the way they introduce it holds it back just a little.

I have to say though, that Pride really really surprised me. I was expecting a tired version of it (sort of like what I heard on the Elevation shows), but it was really good! Full of energy, Bono was really into it and so was the audience.

Last edited:
i went to the Anaheim 1 show, and at the beginning of Streets i was pretty much expecting those full-on floodlights to blind us all right when Larry and Adam came in, and was sort of dissapointed when they didn't, but was relieved when they did turn 'em on after the bridge (sorry for the spoiler!)

I've just heard those songs too many times!!!! I'm much more interrested in hearing songs from either the new album, or that haven't been played so many times.

It's like, as much as I love With or Without You, I like that it's gone away for a little while so that it will be fresh when it does return.

And you Axver,are you so naive the majority of people like you they don't know what he like or not because you are so stupid and selfish.

Did you know that U2 will come in Australia in beginning of the next year?I don't think so.The manager of U2 is supposed to be like you a loser.A world tour is made to played the best songs of the group and what I am seeing right now,they dont play the best songs.For me and other people,this tour is a disappointement for the setlist and the time of during this show.The people pay 200$ bucks for 2 hours of shows,it's not enough.U2 played the same setlist night after night and they changed only the 10 first songs and the last 10 songs.

Diemen said:
I have to say though, that Pride really really surprised me. I was expecting a tired version of it (sort of like what I heard on the Elevation shows), but it was really good! Full of energy, Bono was really into it and so was the audience.

I'm really happy to hear that. The young, UF Bono used to deliver that song with so much passion. The Elevation version, while good, sorta lacked the passion.

ramblin rose said:

Yep, exactly. As soon as I see the screen name, I know just what to expect. Not a shred of originality.

I wonder what this dolt would say if U2 played just those four songs five times in a row and then left the stage?

crosby87 said:
And you Axver,are you so naive the majority of people like you they don't know what he like or not because you are so stupid and selfish.

Did you know that U2 will come in Australia in beginning of the next year?I don't think so.The manager of U2 is supposed to be like you a loser.A world tour is made to played the best songs of the group and what I am seeing right now,they dont play the best songs.For me and other people,this tour is a disappointement for the setlist and the time of during this show.The people pay 200$ bucks for 2 hours of shows,it's not enough.U2 played the same setlist night after night and they changed only the 10 first songs and the last 10 songs.

Huh?

crosby87 said:

You don't even make sense. I told you once, I'll tell you again, and don't make me say it a third time: shut up and fuck off.

Did you know that U2 will come in Australia in beginning of the next year?I don't think so.The manager of U2 is supposed to be like you a loser.

I know U2 are probably coming here, but I don't know why you say the manager is meant to be a loser. I think he is meant to NOT be a loser.

I can't be bothered replying to your asinine, babyish, poorly typed, ignorant tripe any more. Go away.

crosby87 said:

Dude. Go the hell away. Please.

Niceman said:
It's like, as much as I love With or Without You, I like that it's gone away for a little while so that it will be fresh when it does return.

You know what, Maybe thats how the band Feel about Bad, All I Want Is You, Until The End Of The World and other songs that we expected, but have not seen on this tour, but will as it progresses.

I wasn't sure about the Pride/Streets set but I do think it works. I have been to two shows so far and I do like what they have done. It ties together the themes of MLK's America and Nelson Mandela's Africa as Bono says. The theme of everyone, just like the intro states, links to what MLK and Nelson Mandela want for the people in this world. I do miss the red screens and the lights going up before the first verse, that was amazing but I think they are going for something a little different this time around and it has been successful.

Diemen said:

Oh, I'm so glad to hear that!

Pride is one of those songs that I think is really old and really overplayed and I can't say I enjoyed it much last tour. From the mp3s, I think the Pride-Streets combination is awkward and stilted due to the Africa bit as well. So I'm really relieved that you liked it and that it plays out better live than I imagined.

Yay!

crosby87 said:

This is all I'm seeing right now... :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

Keep talking! :rolleyes:

bono_man2002 said:

You know what, Maybe thats how the band Feel about Bad, All I Want Is You, Until The End Of The World and other songs that we expected, but have not seen on this tour, but will as it progresses.

Well, they did that with Bad already, on Popmart. I'm surprised UTEOTW is yet to appear, considering its RARHOF performance.

Maybe tonight? *hopes*

crosby87 said:

You know, this is an excellent example of what I like about the internet; it allows the human race to be somewhat equalized; the most ignorant along with the most intelligent.

Axver said:

Well, they did that with Bad already, on Popmart. I'm surprised UTEOTW is yet to appear, considering its RARHOF performance.

Maybe tonight? *hopes*

I'd have put a hole in the wall if they played it last night....I mean I went to the first six, and they play one of my favourite live songs the show after.
But Tonight, I would be very happy to see it.
Though I do expect to see it show up in Chicago.

maggie911 said:
You know, this is an excellent example of what I like about the internet; it allows the human race to be somewhat equalized; the most ignorant along with the most intelligent.

:lol: :applaud:

Because he like you.Before the first show,they tell that U2 is not a greatests hits world tour.

Where the song UF,ASOH,New York on that show.This show is a crap and if you are ready to see this crap it's not my problem and pay 200$ bucks to see that loser you should going in hell and shut the fuck up because i'm very tired of you.

The Elevation Tour is a better Tour that this shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom