San Jose #1 Setlist Party :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After the setlist euphoria resulting from Vancouver #2 this is a big crash back to earth. Why do they always play it so safe?

Man. I'm regretting my LA night 1 tickets now. Wish I had gone for 2 or later.

I am SO glad I bought Chicago 2 first. We have Chicago 1 which will be great because we ended up with better seats but.... yeah.

Looks like it's over. Shame they skipped The Troubles.

SAP Center at San Jose - San Jose, CA - May 18, 2015

01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - Out of Control
03 - Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio? (snippet) / Vertigo / God Save the Queen (snippet)
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Mofo (snippet) / Iris (Hold Me Close)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
09 - Raised by Wolves
10 - Until the End of the World
---------- INTERMISSION: The Wanderer ----------
11 - Invisible
12 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
13 - Mysterious Ways / Burning Down the House (snippet) / Young Americans (snippet)
14 - When Love Comes to Town
15 - Angel of Harlem
16 - Every Breaking Wave
17 - Bullet the Blue Sky / 19 (snippet)
18 - The Hands That Built America (snippet) / Pride (In the Name of Love)
19 - Beautiful Day / I Remember You (snippet)
20 - With or Without You
---------- Stephen Hawking Video ----------
21 - City of Blinding Lights
22 - Mother and Child Reunion (snippet) / Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There is No End to Love) [snippet]
23 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

I think the choice of closer brings the end of the night down.

ISHFWILF is a great song.

But I think most of us here agree that it does not work very well as a closer on this tour. At least not a from a watching-it-on-the-internet perspective.

I feel like they'll keep it in the rotation. Hopefully.

But it would be so typical of Bono and the band to publicly worry how new songs are going to go down and then drop the best one.

Where's the enjoyment in four consecutive pages of the same people posting the same gifs for the same songs turning up in the same spots? You might as well put the thread in OOC and call it What Gif Are You Posting Now.

but we can have 17 posts about them dropping The Troubles after 3 shows, and 63 complaints about how "they can't close with this song or that song", or they have to transition "this" into "that".....

yeah that's better.....

Thanks to all for the set list and for the periscope links. It's really touching that so many people feel like sharing their good fortune with the rest of us. I, for one, would be happy with any songs they played if I were there. :love:

U2 is the biggest band in the world... no opening act, they have to extend the show to 2h30m

First show was 2h15m, second 2h8m.... not counting breaks and speechifying, they could do more and play 25-27... IMHO :crack:

Got to get some more new songs in rotation, throw in some rare tracks and finish strong, also this far in career, they could do at least 1 track from each album
"

this. R.E.M. had no problem hitting 25 every night on their last tour, and Stipe talked a lot. they also generally did one song an album.

23 tonight is a major letdown. the Troubles probably isn't dead yet, they just need to figure out how to place it.

The show is too short.

Charging big bucks.
No support act.

Should be 2.5 hours minimum of playing time.

If they need a rest the use the damn intermission for that. What else is it there for? Seems it is there to make the show, in terms of playing time, even shorter!

There were definitely other snippets in Bullet and Streets - need to confirm those.

Where's the enjoyment in four consecutive pages of the same people posting the same gifs for the same songs turning up in the same spots? You might as well put the thread in OOC and call it What Gif Are You Posting Now.

:lmao:

There's a reason Vertigo setlist parties were better than 360 ones. Well, I suppose there were a lot of reasons. But part of it was that the humour stayed a bit more fresh. Certainly the jokes on the third leg were totally different to those on the second leg.

Anyway, wow, only 23 songs. San Jose got a little screwed. I felt 24 was too short in Vancouver for similar reasons to those already mentioned. You'd think they'd at least try for around 27-28. They've rehearsed enough material and have given themselves a sufficiently cushy schedule! But it's early days yet. The set is still in flux.

That this set list party is just 28 pages long, apart from the fact that apparently multiple GIF's keep being posted time after time after time, gives one enough reason to guess about the average excitement on the set list this night :reject:

Presume the decision to drop The Troubles was a last minute one, decided by that on stage discussion mentioned earlier.

Wonder what the reasoning was?
When I saw the spoiler set list, my first reaction was "oh great, it's back!". Doh!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I like how people are freaking out about the 3rd show of a tour that has just started just because they don't agree with setlist choices. There are still so so many shows to come, this band is just starting to figure out what to play and how to play it. The Troubles didn't work very well live, maybe they'll re-work it and bring it back.

After the setlist euphoria resulting from Vancouver #2 this is a big crash back to earth. Why do they always play it so safe?

Because its first night in that city and not everyone at the gig is an obsessive who checks every setlist?, we have all been fans of this band got so long I am shocked some are surprised we aren't getting different set lists between shows

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Probably because their biggest aspiration is to proove the new songs are worth it and make new songs land and this is why they play only 2 new songs in second part of the show and the rest are warhorses

:doh:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom