San Jose #1 Setlist Party :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting that they apparently had a replacement for the punk icon video - Johnny Cash singing The Wanderer! That's awesome.

I actually like the Hands That Built America snippet quite a bit. I hope they keep it in the set.

Me too!

I thought the same thing. Edge could sing the falsetto, and do it WITHOUT auto-tune, unlike the girl that did it on the album.

r0yzgg.gif

stepmother.gif

Who are three people who have never been in my kitchen?

Haaaaaaa.

Yeah, Lykke Li definitely didn't use auto-tune. They had to call her back in to re-record her part after they changed the BPM ever so slightly. You know, because they couldn't just auto-tune it, since she didn't use auto-tune.

Has anyone run across any video of the Johnny Cash "intermission"? Not sure if anyone was even recording the punk videos or not in Vancouver.

Just took a listen to the full show, sounds like performance wise they are way ahead of where they would normally be, and the miracle is growing on me as an opener

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

My first I&E show was last night. I got in early enough to have my choice of rail spots for GA. Took advice from here and picked the walkway rail a bit closer to the I. The band spends a lot of time on the walkway so that was great but that damn screen box is ruined if you are too close. You can't see the band when they are in it and the whole point of watching Bono walk around in Cedarwood is lost because you literally cannot see him at all. I was also bummed that I had nothing to look at besides dark metal for EBTTRT. It is one of my favorites. But the band was hidden away. The closer ISHF was anticlimactic to be polite. They felt like they couldn't get off the stage quick enough. Despite that, overall it was a great show. Band sounded great and seemed to be really enjoying themselves. I am going to show up late and prowl around the outer rail for GA tonight.

I can't recall a U2 tour where my 3 favorite tracks (maybe 4 if you count TCB) from the album being promoted were all (pretty much) ignored :sad:

Now obviously, just because they skipped over The Troubles for one show does not mean it will be MIA for the rest of the tour (same goes for the other tunes). Still... no SLABT, TIWYCRMN and (sorta) The Troubles. It's like they're purposefully avoiding the brian burton stuff lol... U2 must learn to eeemmbrraaaacee the danger mouse :drool: :drool:

Every Breaking Wave needs to segue into New Year's Day instead of Bullet.
That falsetto, then Adam rips into his base intro. That'd be pretty sweet. October-NYD has always been one of my favorite 1-2 punches, I think EBW-NYD could have a similar effect.

U2 must learn to eeemmbrraaaacee the danger mouse

I agree. Really missing out on the DM songs :up: I'd like to see them shake up The Miracle but thats not gonna happen yet. For them its the perfect intro to the theme of Innocence and Experience.

Every Breaking Wave needs to segue into New Year's Day instead of Bullet.
That falsetto, then Adam rips into his base intro. That'd be pretty sweet. October-NYD has always been one of my favorite 1-2 punches, I think EBW-NYD could have a similar effect.

I'd be on board with this. Since apparently asking for them to do EBW full band is like asking for Pop songs. :doh:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Yeah, Lykke Li definitely didn't use auto-tune. They had to call her back in to re-record her part after they changed the BPM ever so slightly. You know, because they couldn't just auto-tune it, since she didn't use auto-tune.

As I understand it, Auto tune can be used both live and in post-take production--you don't have to be using it at recording time to use it in editing. This article claims that over 90% of pop songs have it, for corrective purposes on single notes at the least. Frieze Magazine | Archive | Pitch Perfect How exactly are we sure this song isn't one?

Whatever their reasons for not having an opening band, it's not because they don't want to "pay" them.

I wouldn't think it's pay related either.

In fact, doesn't not having an opener fit in with the whole theme of the show? It's about them just starting off as a band and back then they didn't have "support acts"....THEY were the support act, all alone.

Now if you want to argue if that is the case they should get rid of the 10 guys under the stage playing supporting instruments...well....talk to Gene Simmons!!!

That would make too much sense. Therefore, it'll never happen.

They may try this as it would relieve Bono's voice and make us happy at the same time ;)

As I understand it, Auto tune can be used both live and in post-take production--you don't have to be using it at recording time to use it in editing. This article claims that over 90% of pop songs have it, for corrective purposes on single notes at the least. Frieze Magazine | Archive | Pitch Perfect How exactly are we sure this song isn't one?

You just made Phils point. His point was that if they wanted to auto tune her voice they wouldn't have called her back when they decided to change the key, they could have just done it digitally. If someone thinks they hear a detectable auto tune on her voice than they don't understand what it is...

You just made Phils point. His point was that if they wanted to auto tune her voice they wouldn't have called her back when they decided to change the key, they could have just done it digitally. If someone thinks they hear a detectable auto tune on her voice than they don't understand what it is...

What are either of you saying tho?

You can't just use Auto Tune to change the key of someone's vocal that much (ie a semi tone) Issues and artifacts develop and can be perceived.

In all likelihood, in fact almost assuredly, there is a bit of pitch correction (also known as Auto tune) on her vocals. Pretty much every vocal nowadays has it.

But whether or not there is, is irrelevant. All it accomplishes is bringing the singers voice closer to the intended key. The vocal track can't be remarkably far off to begin with, or the ear will in fact be able to tell that it was corrected heavily.

If they needed the track to be in a new key, she had to lay a new track. That's not what auto tune is for.

Having said that, if they want to perform Troubles in a lower key they don't need to do anything digitally - they can just use one of Li's first vocal takes :wink:

Sent from my ass crack

What are either of you saying tho?

You can't just use Auto Tune to change the key of someone's vocal that much (ie a semi tone) Issues and artifacts develop and can be perceived.

In all likelihood, in fact almost assuredly, there is a bit of pitch correction (also known as Auto tune) on her vocals. Pretty much every vocal nowadays has it.

But whether or not there is, is irrelevant. All it accomplishes is bringing the singers voice closer to the intended key. The vocal track can't be remarkably far off to begin with, or the ear will in fact be able to tell that it was corrected heavily.

If they needed the track to be in a new key, she had to lay a new track. That's not what auto tune is for.

Having said that, if they want to perform Troubles in a lower key they don't need to do anything digitally - they can just use one of Li's first vocal takes :wink:

Sent from my ass crack

My point is someone is trying to say there is obvious use of autotune, if U2 didn't care about obvious use of autotune they could have kicked it up a notch and just adjusted her key totally. There is no obvious use of autotune nor even any detectable use.

But then again autotune is completely misunderstood by most of interference.

Back
Top Bottom