Safe place for Dublin tickets while travelling?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike P

Acrobat
Hi all,

My brother used his presale code to score tickets to the first Dublin show, and now we're planning to make a nice trip out of it. We're shooting for a couple weeks worth of travel around Ireland & various other European locales before the concert. I'm wondering, though, what to do with our tickets while we're out on the road.

I don't want to keep them on my person, after seeing how much damage my passport took in a security belt pouch last time I backpacked for a few weeks. I'm not leaving them in my backpack, either.

Would a bank give us a short-term safe-deposit box? Like for 3 weeks? I know hostels will, but that seems kinda sketchy to me. How about a nice hotel? Would they rent a box for a few weeks?

Anyone have any suggestions on how to keep my tickets secure for a few weeks before the concert?

vielen dank,

-Mike

Mike P said:
Hi all,

My brother used his presale code to score tickets to the first Dublin show, and now we're planning to make a nice trip out of it. We're shooting for a couple weeks worth of travel around Ireland & various other European locales before the concert. I'm wondering, though, what to do with our tickets while we're out on the road.

I don't want to keep them on my person, after seeing how much damage my passport took in a security belt pouch last time I backpacked for a few weeks. I'm not leaving them in my backpack, either.

Would a bank give us a short-term safe-deposit box? Like for 3 weeks? I know hostels will, but that seems kinda sketchy to me. How about a nice hotel? Would they rent a box for a few weeks?

Anyone have any suggestions on how to keep my tickets secure for a few weeks before the concert?

vielen dank,

-Mike

I'm not sure this is the real solution, but it would make things easier if you took the trip after the concert. Have Dublin and the U2 concert be your first stop. Get there the night before and you really only have to worry about the ticket for a small amount of time.

Mike P said:
Hi all,

vielen dank,

-Mike

*deleted* I didn't read the question carefully enough...lol

I do like the idea of planning the trip with the concert in the beginning.

If push comes to shove, it can't hurt to call or e-mail a reputable Dublin bank to see about the terms of a safe deposit box. Hotels offer thier safes for free, but only for thier guests.

Last edited:
wow too bad you don't have a purse, I always keep my concert tickets/tennis tickets in my checkbook, and I have gone all over the world to tennis tournaments and concerts. I always know where it is, it never gets messed up, and I always have it with me then. I would never leave my precious tickets anywhere.

Much as I appreciate the idea of going to the concert at the start of my trip, I'm not sure it will work. I have to work from the assumption that it won't, because vacation time is much easier to get in June than it is in July. At least for me.

-Mike

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom