Remixes appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sent Re-Wired to Sad Punk.

Sicy or Kennerado could you send me Daddy's Gonna Pay (Perfecto Mix) please? Thanks!

i heard a new year's day extended remix on sirius first wave that had some lyrics about a "stone cold floor" or something. didnt hear that in the proper album release. anybody know which one that is and where i can find it?

Could someone please send me the Daddys gonna pay and DYFL? remixes? Thankyou so much! Never knew these existed, I bet they sound great :hyper:

i heard a new year's day extended remix on sirius first wave that had some lyrics about a "stone cold floor" or something. didnt hear that in the proper album release. anybody know which one that is and where i can find it?

That's from the War Remastered 2nd disc. It's the (USA Remix) I can send it if you like.

and thanks Sicy!

Last edited:
Are the God's Country Positronic mix and Re-Wired mixes official?

I swear, those Fruitleg CDs were more trouble than they were worth...

I don't know about the Re-Wired Mix, I don't even know where I got it.

(I do know the Wire Dub Mix is official though and produced by Daniel Lanois and Brian Eno in 1984)

Are the God's Country Positronic mix and Re-Wired mixes official?

I swear, those Fruitleg CDs were more trouble than they were worth...

Nope...
when I got time I'll post a list of all the official remixes. :D I've been working on a list of every offcial song released by U2, so it'll be easy to list only the remixes.

My favorite is the Soul Assassins remix of Numb from the Last Night On Earth single.

Some of my other favorites are:
Electrical Storm (single mix)
Pop Muzik (Pop Mart mix)
Please (Bitter Kiss mix)
Fast Cars (Jackknife Lee remix)

And, while not exactly a remix, I love the version of Miami featuring Allen Ginsberg. It was part of that Year in Pop TV program, and it was one of the last things Ginsberg did before his death. I also get a kick out of the Temple Bar mix of Vertigo. Vertibanjo :love:

I've fallen really behind with remixes for the last few albums. For the 90s albums, I used to buy all the singles, but I don't usually do that anymore. I'm already excited about the remix potential for GOYB, though.

This isnt a 'remix' but has anyone heard Weird Al's - Numb Me, Drill Me, Floss Me, Bill Me ?

:lol: :huh:

I thought my Complete U2 package came with all the remixes there were... I guess I was wrong.

Wow, never heard of a bunch of these -- thanks for the tips everyone! :wave:

A few I can't find:

-Can't Help Falling In Love (Triple Peaks)
-Mofo (Matthew Roberts Explicit Mix)
-Pop Muzik (POPmart mix)
-Lemon (Lemonade remix)

If anyone is in a generous mood, could you PM any of those to me? I would send you kisses. :cute:

Some of the "remixes" from Achtung were so bad, like the Exit Wound mix of Even Better, it was just parts looped over and over.

Which mix of Holy Joe does everyone like? The Garage mix is the best by far.

I don't have a DYFL mix. I have the song that "inspired" it by Naked Funk.
it is called Alien Groove Sensation. It was on Howie B's Pussyfoot label and it was a bitch to find.
It is basically DYFL minus the vocal.
I am always surprised more people didn't rip on them for lifting someone else's song.

I don't have a DYFL mix. I have the song that "inspired" it by Naked Funk.
it is called Alien Groove Sensation. It was on Howie B's Pussyfoot label and it was a bitch to find.
It is basically DYFL minus the vocal.
I am always surprised more people didn't rip on them for lifting someone else's song.

Wow, really? :huh: I've always thought it was a remix. U2's song is far superior, but I enjoy Alien Groove Sensation.

^Some Days?? There's no official remix of it... but I don't know about the unofficial ones. :hmm:

So, I though about bringing this back since the massive number of remixes that are coming out this time. Discuss them a little.

It's amazing how almost all Magnificent remixes are good. Ok, they haven't changed the song a lot except for Pete Tong - the Wonderland ones, which are a great job btw - but even then, it's hard to get so many good versions out of one song. Thumbs up for U2 giving all this importance to remixes. Oh, and I would like to point out: hear the Dave Audé Instrumental, you'll see how Magnificent 'hook' got lost. (That part where right before Edge's guitar comes back to the intial chords.) On all vocal versions Bono is singing over it. Not that this bothers me, Magnificent just gets better and better as the days go by. But I think that, had this little 'hook' been used with more prominence, it could be more catchy. (I must add that in my case, Magnificent was a grower. Maybe that's why I think this... I get to discover several new details with Magnificent being remixed so much.)
I'll Go Crazy is getting some interesting ideas too. No remix is worrying about keeping the original basis of the song. I can't say it's working very well in studio versions - maybe the Redanka Kick the Darkness versions are - but it's very interesting to say the least. And... after all, is from the Redanka remix that came the awesome reinvention we're seeing live.
And last but not least, the best one so far and one of the best remixes in their entire career. The Justice take on Get on Your Boots.
Freakin' awesome:
Amazing electronic duo Justice + one of U2's top songs ever = I was eager to see what was coming when they announced this. Justice did the best job possible I guess. Instead of giving a new version of the song, they gave us a brand new song. It's not as brillant as its original, but it's one hell of a job. It compensates for every other GoYB remix floating around and that luckily, weren't officially released. (Except for Crookers: possibly one of the worst I've ever heard.) Again, kudos for whoever brought Justice into this. I sure hope to see them tweaking another U2 song. Hell, if I were U2 I would ask them to make a remix album with the songs they chose. Oh, ideas....

So, what do you think?

Back
Top Bottom