Really Stupid and Random, But I Was Just Wondering...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There was this one joke I had with a friend of mine...we were going to write uno, dos, tres, catorce on our Spanish exams just to mess with our teachers. :wink:

bonocomet said:
My husband (then boyfriend) and I bought the Boy album the week it was released. (We had never heard of U2 so we thought the bands name was U2 Boy.) Anyways ... anytime someone said "you too", we would say BOY!

That has gone on for 27 years and it's gotten so old that it's still funny, in that demented way. :der:

Other then that... I also have no U2 friends... including the husband :grumpy:

Except for all of you guys :cute:

That is sooo funny :)

I have taken to shrieking lemon when I get the chance.

Nobody gets it. Other than that, everyone I know either likes Vertigo or hates Bono. That's about the extent of it.

phillyfan26 said:
I have no U2 fan friends, so I have none. Usually it's just my one buddy reminding me, "I really hate Bono, you know that, right?"

Exactly.

Well, that's not totally true, I do have a few friends who like U2, one of which is my concert buddy. we have about eleventy billion inside jokes between us (he's been my friend since 1st grade), so i'm sure some of them involve U2. Like the time we were watching the video for EBTTRT in slow motion to see the words in the background, and I was like "I KNOW WHERE THOSE FOUR WORDS ARE FROM!!" and pulled out a magazine and found the article they were from, and located those four words. Don't recall the four words now, but yeah, that was quite funny.

mostly though my friends just call bono an asshole for wearing sunglasses all the time and call U2 lame and all that :wink:

For me everytime I hear someone say You too or I say you too. I say to my self best band ever.

Justin24 said:
For me everytime I hear someone say You too or I say you too. I say to my self best band ever.

Me to...

In Chem we learned about "Daltons Law"

I thought of Betty and Duke

HAHAHAHA

OrARoundabout said:

Me to...

In Chem we learned about "Daltons Law"

I thought of Betty and Duke

HAHAHAHA

Me too! It made me think of the Dalton performance where Bono lights a cigarette and drinks booze at the same time and says, "Ah hope ah don't set mahself on fah-er!" :lol:

Rachel D. said:

Me too! It made me think of the Dalton performance where Bono lights a cigarette and drinks booze at the same time and says, "Ah hope ah don't set mahself on fah-er!" :lol:

HAHAHA!

My Chem teacher says "Achtung Baby" all the time...after some German Chemist

Always do that thing that Bono does on Vertigo DVD, with his fingers, banging his hands together....moving fingers from one hadn ot the other or whatever...

*sigh* I, like most here, don't really have any friends who love U2 (some casual fans, but not enough to get any jokes).

Thus, it's pretty much just inside jokes with myself, as well as turning everything I see and hear into something U2-related and everyone around me looking on like I'm a psycho. :shrug:

RavenBlue said:

Ditto. At parties, folks ask me to play guitar but I can never play U2 because the damn dorks hate them. Kind of a bummer but whatever :huh:

I occasionally sneak a riff in here and there though :shh:

oh, you rebel!

great thread, by the way.

This one time, it was winter, my friend and i decided to go outside and write our names in the snow....

Anyway i was trying to write "Mrs. Garrison" but it came out looking like McGuinness (Paul) so i yell over to my friend and say "Hey mate, did you see that? I wrote Paul McGuinness' name in the snow?" and he looked over and said "You too"

Geddit?

Heh

hahaha

hahahahahaha!!

:der:

OrARoundabout said:
and she said in the most God awful Fat Lady voice ever,

“LEEEEEEEEMONS!”

We can’t be the only ones, right? Do you guys have any?
hahaha i am so glad to know you guys do this too. for a long time i thought me and my friend were the only ones. During dinner one day, (it was me, him, and 3 other people who are not U2 fans) the world "lemon" came up a few times throughout the night, and each time, we would say in our most God awful Fat Lady voice ever, "LEEEEEMON!!!!!" and laugh. the other 3 didn't really know what was going on, so they started to imitate the voice with other words. and then i realized how much i take for granted how "lemon" totally works in that song, and no other word. they were saying things like "ice cuuuuuuube" and "chiiiiiiicken" and "choclaaaaaaate". none of which sound as cool as "leeeeeemon!"

our families also spend new year's eve together every year, and every year after we watch the friggin ball drop in Times Square on TV, we blast New Year's Day from the lovetown 12-31-89 bootleg. hahhaha.

he also tells me that in history class, when they talk about certain things that happened in the early nineties (like Berlin wall, the whole Sarajevo deal, etc), he would spew out all this information that he learned from being a U2 fan, and everyone just rolls their eyes. that is priceless.

Last edited:
LemonMelon said:
Oh, I just remembered another one.

We say "I :heart: Urkel" quite a bit. :giggle:
HHAHHHAHAHAAhhaHhahha ^________________^

aww this thread is so fun. a few other ones made me laugh as well.

o, i forgot. here's another one:
last summer, a whole bunch of us camped out to watch Pirates of the Caribbean III, and we were all settled in the theater when my friend had a sudden craving for reese's pieces. not wanting to leave the group and go by himself, i offered to tag along with him, and when we got to the counter, our cahsier's nametag said "ABEL". I waited until my friend had paid and received his change, and then i said very excitedly "hey abel, did you know that your name is an acronym for all the members of U2? Adam, Bono, Edge, and Larry!!" and he kinda just looked at me with an uncomfortable smile and i ran away laughing.
good times.
i will now do that to every Abel i meet.

Last edited:
tuwie said:
HHAHHHAHAHAAhhaHhahha ^________________^

aww this thread is so fun. a few other ones made me laugh as well.

o, i forgot. here's another one:
last summer, a whole bunch of us camped out to watch Pirates of the Caribbean III, and we were all settled in the theater when my friend had a sudden craving for reese's pieces. not wanting to leave the group and go by himself, i offered to tag along with him, and when we got to the counter, our cahsier's nametag said "ABEL". I waited until my friend had paid and received his change, and then i said very excitedly "hey abel, did you know that your name is an acronym for all the members of U2? Adam, Bono, Edge, and Larry!!" and he kinda just looked at me with an uncomfortable smile and i ran away laughing.
good times.
i will now do that to every Abel i meet.

:drool: Oh, yes. Any and all Urkel-related conversations instantly go off the rails thanks to Mr. Edge. :hug:

There's a person here with "ABEL" as their username...I do believe they had the same thing in mind. :wink:

I can relate with you guys who dont fit in because you like U2 so much..It's ok..I tend to go all crazy excited when I talk about my U2 experiences, music, tours ect.. and all I get is a big huge:| and Im sure they even do this :coocoo: when Im not looking..

On the other hand there are quite a lot of U2 fans in the Los Angeles are and then there are all you awesome peeps too.
Thank goodness Im not alone, I have my U2 family!:hug:

My hilarious better half constantly mocks my adoration of U2. She renamed them Bonio (as in the dog biscuit), Harry Connick Jnr, The Sledge, Adam Claypole (as in the british 80's kids programme Rent A Ghost).

Because she knows how much it winds me up she can't stop herself.

Most of the people I know don't know much about the band and I'm usually very careful when it comes to people I tell stuff about my fandom. Most of the time I keep it to myself. Sometimes people come into my home and see all the U2 stuff - with different reactions. Some ignore it, some are quite curious, but I don't get much negativity. I even "educated" some people who didn't know much about U2 before and they listened very carefully and I thought they were quite impressed. So, I haven't experienced much negativity.

Sid 13 said:
My hilarious better half constantly mocks my adoration of U2. She renamed them Bonio (as in the dog biscuit), Harry Connick Jnr, The Sledge, Adam Claypole (as in the british 80's kids programme Rent A Ghost).

Because she knows how much it winds me up she can't stop herself.

I approve of this first post.

I have a student who will write random U2 quotes on my board when I'm not looking for me to find later.

(Once he wrote 'This is a song Manson stole from the Beatles, we're stealin' it back' and someone else wrote 'I hate Marilyn Manson) :tsk:

Another time someone sent me this email. It was a huge loooooooooooooong story about how he was wandering around campus in an aimless, indirect sort of way, the story took me about 5 minutes to read and I kept wondering what the point was. At the very end it said "And you know what? I STIIIIIIIIIIIIIILL haven't foooooooound what I'm looking for"

The best U2 in-joke my friends Hilary, Greg, and I have is Kurt Glen. There's no such real person, but one day we were listening to Wire, and Greg decided that among all the Bonoshouting at the end, it sounded like Bono was saying "Kurt Glen, I'm up your boat." So now one of us will randomly mention Kurt Glen, or Kurt Glen's boat, and nobody else knows what we're talking about :lol:

Re: Re: Really Stupid and Random, But I Was Just Wondering...

tuwie said:

hahaha i am so glad to know you guys do this too. for a long time i thought me and my friend were the only ones. During dinner one day, (it was me, him, and 3 other people who are not U2 fans) the world "lemon" came up a few times throughout the night, and each time, we would say in our most God awful Fat Lady voice ever, "LEEEEEMON!!!!!" and laugh. the other 3 didn't really know what was going on, so they started to imitate the voice with other words. and then i realized how much i take for granted how "lemon" totally works in that song, and no other word. they were saying things like "ice cuuuuuuube" and "chiiiiiiicken" and "choclaaaaaaate". none of which sound as cool as "leeeeeemon!"

our families also spend new year's eve together every year, and every year after we watch the friggin ball drop in Times Square on TV, we blast New Year's Day from the lovetown 12-31-89 bootleg. hahhaha.

he also tells me that in history class, when they talk about certain things that happened in the early nineties (like Berlin wall, the whole Sarajevo deal, etc), he would spew out all this information that he learned from being a U2 fan, and everyone just rolls their eyes. that is priceless.

"She wore chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicken!"
HAHAHAH

OMG! U2 TAUGHT ME ALOT ABOUT HISTORY TOO!

We were talking about the Regan Administration, Berlin Wall, Sarajevo in A.P World...

I knew dates, times, people, places all because of what I read about U2 in the 80's and 90's!

B.T.W: "Lemon" sure seems like a classic amongst the fans...Anybody here make odd Fly or Mirrorball Man referances?Like in Church...you have to say that thing (forgot exactly what its called) "I belive in God, the Father Almightly"

I want to bust out and say

"I BELIVE IN TELEVISON! CHEAP COSMETICS!"

I have loads of friends who are U2 fans, but not many in-jokes.
One friend and I often say "Nice singing The Edge" from Slane Castle dvd.

OH, FORGOT THIS ONE:

Remember in "Outside Its America" when Bono is on the plane, and the Flight Attendent brings him a hude dish of Mexican Food after he started playing that utterly ridiculous song on the guitar...

and he looks at the food and puts his hands up and says something to the effect of "Hallelujah!"

HAHAHA

Do that whenever I'm in the presence of Mexican food

Mrs. Garrison said:
This one time, it was winter, my friend and i decided to go outside and write our names in the snow....

Anyway i was trying to write "Mrs. Garrison" but it came out looking like McGuinness (Paul) so i yell over to my friend and say "Hey mate, did you see that? I wrote Paul McGuinness' name in the snow?" and he looked over and said "You too"

Geddit?

Heh

hahaha

hahahahahaha!!

:der:

:heart:

68152main_Star_pattern.jpg

OrARoundabout said:
OH, FORGOT THIS ONE:

Remember in "Outside Its America" when Bono is on the plane, and the Flight Attendent brings him a hude dish of Mexican Food after he started playing that utterly ridiculous song on the guitar...

and he looks at the food and puts his hands up and says something to the effect of "Hallelujah!"

HAHAHA

Do that whenever I'm in the presence of Mexican food
HHAHHAHAHAHAh i'm going to start doing that ;]

Back
Top Bottom