Random Pitchfork Darling Talk LXXXIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I gave morphine to the last kidney stone guy I brought to the ER. That always looks like it hurts like hell.

There are shows called top hooker and my cat from hell? Who did they let name these things?

Saw Ariel Pink tonight in a crowd of like 100 people. One of those really awesome late aftershows that start at midnight and go until whenever. Great setlist, about 20 songs, compared to the half hour we got at Pitchfork, which was a joke.

I want to give Mature Themes another try now, but that album was so disappointing I'm probably going to leave it alone and just remember the great gig.

Australia

wow.jpg

Wow, one of my favorites songs I thought I'd never get to hear live.
Good thing I made that AFP impulse ticket purchase for NYC last weekend when more tickets were released.

I just gave Interpol's self-titled another listen. I'm failing to see what the problem with this album is.

I think it's their second best. It's one of my favorite "depressing" albums.

The only song I don't like is Always Malaise. That one is a bit too whiny. But then you've got tracks like Success, Lights, Try it On, The Undoing... :drool:

I know many people don't like Banks' vocals on it but but I think it goes well with the music.

You're talking to someone who enjoyed Banks' solo album over here, so the vocals are definitely not an issue for me :lol:

Antics is just a collection of good to great songs. Almost like a victory lap after the debut.

The self-titled is more cohesive and has just as many brilliant tracks.

I feel Antics makes complete sense as an album. They haven't even come close to the same level they were on with the first two albums for me. I like the other two a decent amount as well, so I'm not trying to slight them. I just feel that while the self-titled was probably a more cohesive overall album than Our Love to Admire, it had nowhere near as memorable songs or singles as the 3 before it.

Listening to the Boards of Canada album stream. I'm liking what I'm hearing. :up:

I'm looking forward to Eleanor Friedberger and Camera Obscura tomorrow.

Yes, she's releasing a spoken word album of personal injury lawsuit tips.

She' the sister half of the brother & sister combination that was/is The Fiery Furnaces. Imperor and I (and pretty much no one else) loved her first solo album, this is her second. Franz Ferdinand's "Eleanor Put Your Boots On" was about her.

Back
Top Bottom