Random Music Talk XXX: Bow Chicka Wow Wow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's it, NSW. You're next on my goggle art list.

Any chance you saw this week's South Park? There was some excellent Canadian bashing that I'm sure you would've found to be a racist delight

I actually do not watch South Park but that sounds like a good episode.

In other news:

Raphael Saadiq

So there's this Beach Boys hits vinyl I got from the in-laws (along with some American Beatles records) and I haven't been able to get enough of Sail On Sailor and Darlin' (neither of which I believe I'd heard more than once before as they were new to me). It makes me want to get to know more of their discography than Pet Sounds and the early singles. And Kokomo with John Stamos drumming.

Don't forget Sandra and Gregor.

Roomba530.jpg

Any chance you saw this week's South Park? There was some excellent Canadian bashing that I'm sure you would've found to be a racist delight

It always cracks me up that they have square wheels on the cars in Canada.

Are wheels in Canada really squares? Our wheels are circles down here in the US.

New Incubus album is out (at least on the torrent sites) Anyone like Incubus? I'm having a listen now. Their music seems to get more and more mellow with each album.

So there's this Beach Boys hits vinyl I got from the in-laws (along with some American Beatles records) and I haven't been able to get enough of Sail On Sailor and Darlin' (neither of which I believe I'd heard more than once before as they were new to me). It makes me want to get to know more of their discography than Pet Sounds and the early singles. And Kokomo with John Stamos drumming.

Just wait until Smile finally gets released later this year.

I love Sail On Sailor.

I don't get the Goggle thing. So I can just go to a website and draw shit on top of it? And right now most people are just doing it to draw pictures of wieners? I guess I could be the next Perez Hilton, drawing dicks and semen on celebs' faces.

ElMel, that's awesome about your gig.

I don't get the Goggle thing. So I can just go to a website and draw shit on top of it? And right now most people are just doing it to draw pictures of wieners?

hahaha, thank you for using that word. And ya, that's pretty much it. I don't know who thought it would be a good idea, because what did they think people would draw??? Maybe eventually it will turn into something cool. Still, it's kinda neat though

It's not neat, it's horrid and you're horrid for introducing everyone to it. Go order your servants around, Baron, and leave us common folk alone.

Raphael Saadiq.

When you talk to me like that NSW, it really makes me feel bad. So bad in fact that only a water taxi ride can cheer me up

I don't know shit about Linda Ronstadt (yet), but Different Drum kicked my ass today. I had no idea it was her and I probably haven't heard that song in 10 years.

Coincidentally, the original lyrics for her ditty with Aaron Neville:
I don't know shit / but I know I love you

FUCK.

Die Walkure was amazing this morning (ok, and afternoon). It's the best of the four operas in the Cycle, but that's like choosing the best puppy or something. Still, amazing music throughout, and the singing was outstanding. Bryn Terfel took some time to get into it, but once he did, he was terrific. Jonas Kaufmann is my new crush.

In a few hours, after a nap, I'll head up to Pomona to complete Big Music Saturday. I'll take my camera to try to get some pics of The MOSS! for you perverted fucks. :heart:

With Stay and Zooropa in the same set, and POP snippets at the end of Crazy Tonight, it appears that U2 is finally acknowledging that the 90s happened. This can only be a good thing, but they really need to bust out a full-length POP song, stat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom