Random Music Talk XXX: Bow Chicka Wow Wow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In due time, NSW. You're not exactly the most soulful man I know, but I'll trust you on this one.

Don't be so sure.

1_Matisyahu-thumbnail.jpg
matisyahu.jpg

No spoken words said:
Yes, well, if you were any whiter you'd be Axver, so, when you have time, check the new one out.

Maybe that's why I've never cared for A Whiter Shade of Pale: it hits too close to home.

Will do. Still disappointed that I missed him at Lolla last year.

No spoken words said:
I laughed.

I had a chance to see him in Chicago at the same place where I saw Elbow and somehow forgot. Still kicking myself.

What venue is that? I momentarily forgot that I could actually attend a gig there if I wanted to.

Mavis Staples and Saadiq were playing at the same time that day and I missed both. And that was the least racially diverse Lolla in history. Brau would not have been pleased with me.

What venue is that? I momentarily forgot that I could actually attend a gig there if I wanted to.

Mavis Staples and Saadiq were playing at the same time that day and I missed both. And that was the least racially diverse Lolla in history. Brau would not have been pleased with me.

Park West :: Chicago Concert Tickets for all Music Genres; Rock, Pop, Indie, Folk & More!

I was looking for an old post of mine the other day, trying to go all HISTORIAN and stumbled upon a quote of mine mentioning someone "being as charming as Mr Brau at a Kid A listening party"...the comment itself wasn't that funny but my antipathy for Brau being so long standing made me laugh.

SO fucking good, isn't it? Been loving it, all week.

Seriously, it's fucking fantastic. Listened most of the day at work yesterday and a bit today as well. His previous release is also a favorite of mine.

Same here, re: The Way I See It. No way that I'm paying $40 to see Saadiq play a 40-60 minute set at the fucking Park West, though. Same reason I've skipped every show that he's played, over the course of the last few years.

I have yet to hit the Park West. I seem to miss a show there at least once a month these days. Usually more.

Nah, someone started a "covers/collabs you'd like to see" thread in eykiw, and tourist suggested The National cover Desire, and I said I'd like to see them cover any U2 song, and then I wondered if them covering Please would blow your mind.

Desire is an interesting choice for The National. I could definitely envision Matt singing Please, though.

Q: Who would win in a fight between me and all of the members of Death Cab for Cutie?

A: Dalton

Can we just get a fucking pop star to come on the scene who writes lyrics about love and happy shit and smiles and laughter and love and happiness and good feelings and head-over-heels good shit?

I mean, really, is that too much to fucking ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom