Random Music Talk XCII: Shadow Recruit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
noon is right in the middle of my bedtime. which is all well and good, because i don't really want to be around here if/when a new song appears.

i know people get yelled at by mods and such for posting about PMs they receive and all, but did anyone else get a creepy "hello, i look forward to meeting you" PM from averil lavigne's biggest fan? it usually takes a lot to creep me out, but that apparently did the trick.

We can definitely talk about Warpaint.

I'm really feeling their new sound. It's familiar, but darker and more chill.

I would post the SXSW info on Twitter, but I only have like 8 followers and probably no one would notice.

ralph_wiggum_in_thought.jpg

It's taking all my willpower not to tweet about this information, but I respect the deputy and will adhere to his wishes.

Definitely appreciate that, and I'd hate for there to be a breach of trust with anyone here. Obviously I've already made it very public so "breach of trust" is a bit much, but I do want to stress there is nothing confirmed. I'm certainly not tweeting it (not in line with my wacky online brand anyway) or sharing it with anyone other than B&Cers.

Definitely appreciate that, and I'd hate for there to be a breach of trust with anyone here. Obviously I've already made it very public so "breach of trust" is a bit much, but I do want to stress there is nothing confirmed. I'm certainly not tweeting it (not in line with my wacky online brand anyway) or sharing it with anyone other than B&Cers.

I am harassing people about U2 in the coming months if any of this is good. I am going to commit #branf suicide.

noon is right in the middle of my bedtime. which is all well and good, because i don't really want to be around here if/when a new song appears.

i know people get yelled at by mods and such for posting about PMs they receive and all, but did anyone else get a creepy "hello, i look forward to meeting you" PM from averil lavigne's biggest fan? it usually takes a lot to creep me out, but that apparently did the trick.

If you haven't made any plans to meet him, and I'm fairly certain you haven't, I'd think about reporting him or at the very least putting him on ignore (I assume that also blocks PMs) cause that to me goes a few steps beyond over the line
Just my .02

Is Acrobat the song they'd need to go live in a tree to learn how to play live?

I wonder if I'll ever hear:

One Tree Hill
Acrobat
Heartland
A Sort of Homecoming

Those are part of my top 10, the least likely of the top 10 to ever get played while I am at a show. OTH is the best bet I guess, since they did break it out a few times last tour.
I've seen 2 of those 4. One tree Hill and A Sort of Homecoming.

Acrobat being possibly my favorite all time U2 song is a guarantee they will never play it live, and certainly not at a show I attend if they ever do.

The fact that I'm my own source probably wouldn't fly over there. Anyway this is more about keeping the people I give a shit about informed. I'd say it's more likely than not at this point, but I'll definitely follow up when it's confirmed or falls through.

Appreciate the inside info.
Hope for your sake they make the appearance.

I have this on pretty good authority, and the stars are aligning for Shuttlecock to be making a SXSW appearance. This changes the complexion of the promo machine so I figured y'all would be interested. Nothing confirmed at this point but it's in the works.

DUDE.

i know people get yelled at by mods and such for posting about PMs they receive and all,

I think it's just sharing PMs verbatim, not saying "someone PMd me."

Acrobat being possibly my favorite all time U2 song is a guarantee they will never play it live, and certainly not at a show I attend if they ever do.

So what you're saying is if I do ever see the band live again, to slightly increase the odds I'd have to make sure it was not a show you're at.

I would have liked to see The Fly, but I went to a vertigo show with the most boring setlist of all time. So no fly for me either.

So what you're saying is if I do ever see the band live again, to slightly increase the odds I'd have to make sure it was not a show you're at.

Absolutely.

Although I have seen the likes of Spanish Eyes, Fast Cars, Slow Dancing so my track record for rarer songs isn't bad, but Acrobat just isn't in the cards.

I guess since you've heard pretty much every obscure Springsteen and Pearl Jam song live, it would mean no acrobat for you.

Considering how awful I thought the first Broken Bells was, I'm pretty psyched to hear this one after loving Holding On For Life, and enjoying the other single.

I've seen U2 around 40x, really not sure if it's closer to 50, actually…but, you get the idea……keep thinking I'll hear One Tree Hill one day. A Sort of Homecoming seems impossible, but, I also considered Zooropa an impossibility so I guess you never know.

Hearing A Sort of Homecoming would be…..I don't even know. Shit pants and move to trash, YLB would say.

I guess since you've heard pretty much every obscure Springsteen and Pearl Jam song live, it would mean no acrobat for you.

Probably not as much with Bruce, but definitely a goodly percenatge with PJ.

But yeah, I assume no Acrobat for me ever, I guess I can take some solace in the likelihood that its no Acrobat for anyone ever. (No I can't, the bastards should learn to play it live).

The no way it's happening dream list for me off the top of my head:

A Sort of Homecoming
Acrobat
Mothers of the Disappeared
Tomorrow
Heartland
Tomorrow
The Ground Beneath Her Feet
One Tree Hill
Electrical Storm
The First Time
Please, full band (sadly I became a U2 fan at the age of 11, the year after PopMart)
Stay, full band

Zooropa probably topped this list with Acrobat before 2011.

After hearing Zooropa (WHO FUCKING KNEW) and Out of Control on the last tour, my realistic wish list is pretty much just:

A Sort of Homecoming
One Tree Hill

I've seen U2 around 40x, really not sure if it's closer to 50, actually…but, you get the idea……keep thinking I'll hear One Tree Hill one day. A Sort of Homecoming seems impossible, but, I also considered Zooropa an impossibility so I guess you never know.

Hearing A Sort of Homecoming would be…..I don't even know. Shit pants and move to trash, YLB would say.

24 shows for me, but spread out from '85 onward. One Tree Hill twice and Sort of Homecoming 3 times.
Also saw So Cruel played in Foxboro in 92.

Never seen Zooropa as they didn't return here in 2011 and I didn't travel, thats one I would like to see.

Maybe we'll all get lucky and they'll decide they want to be more like Bruce and Pearl Jam and be more spontaneous and versatile live. (okay its hard to type that with a straight face.)

After hearing Zooropa (WHO FUCKING KNEW) and Out of Control on the last tour, my realistic wish list is pretty much just:

A Sort of Homecoming
One Tree Hill

Sadly those are only realistic if you teach Bono the lyrics to ASOH and fly to New Zealand for a show before the end of their careers to hear OTH.

Ha. I meant "realistic" as in "I know they're never going to fucking play Acrobat or Heartland, both of which I'd love to hear."

Having heard Bad there's really only one song I'm desperate to hear/see live and that is Running to Stand Still.

Thanks for passing on that info, imps, very exciting. I didn't realise it was in like five weeks, too. SXSW is on my bucket list, albeit below Burning Man and Glasto.

Christ on a fucking bike, some guy who noone knows and hasn't posted in forever saunters into EYKIW, says he has an anonymous friend peripherally associated with BoA and basically confirms everything I said before...and people just lap it up and fall all over themselves to thank him. This place is fucking absurd I swear :lol:

24 shows for me, but spread out from '85 onward. One Tree Hill twice and Sort of Homecoming 3 times.
Also saw So Cruel played in Foxboro in 92.

Never seen Zooropa as they didn't return here in 2011 and I didn't travel, thats one I would like to see.

Maybe we'll all get lucky and they'll decide they want to be more like Bruce and Pearl Jam and be more spontaneous and versatile live. (okay its hard to type that with a straight face.)

That's last part is not gonna happen, we all know that.

My shows are spread out from 1987 on, with an even dispersement of shows per tour once Zoo TV began (just 1 JT show).

Oh, almost forgot - hearing Electric Co and then An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart, all for the first time was quite the thing for me…..had been longing to hear them for quite some time prior to.

To be fair I guess I have to be honest and say I wouldn't actually want to hear them attempt Heartland at this point, no way Bono can do the recording justice sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom