Random Music Talk XCII: Shadow Recruit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only issue with 360 Unforgettable Fire was really Larry playing a lazy beat compared to the real one. He is the problem with a lot of older songs.

That and those crappy "staaaaaaahhhyyy now" Bono ad-libs.

None of you pricks have a right to complain. Not even Peef. You might not have got The Fly, but you still got Zooropa and Stay.

For comparison, take a look at this steaming pile of shit:

Return Of The Stingray Guitar
Beautiful Day / In My Life (snippet)
I Will Follow
Get On Your Boots
Magnificent
Mysterious Ways / Rain (snippet)
Elevation
Until The End Of The World
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Stand By Me (snippet)
North Star
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
In A Little While
Miss Sarajevo
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo / Thunderstruck (snippet)
Crazy Tonight / Two Tribes (snippet)
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Scarlet
Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)

Encore(s):
One
Dear Prudence (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name / All You Need Is Love (snippet)
Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
With Or Without You
Moment of Surrender

I really can't stress how bad Stingray Guitar > Beautiful Day was as an opening couplet.

Cool. I have no excuse I can always shoot him a text altho it might be a little late lol.

TELL HIM COBBLER SAYS HI I MISS YOU

I googled what may have been the setlist of the show I went to, and more than one spurce says I got the fly. I think I would have remembered that, but I was probably still fuming from how streets was destroyed by that bullshit public service announcement bono made over the intro. Instead of basking in the epic awesomeness of live Streets, I was too busy grumbling stfu about Africa already and stop murdering the song.

Dundundundunduhhdhdhdhuhuhuhhuuhu

Bow bow buh bow bow bow

...The heart is a bloooooooom

I don't mind if they play Beautiful Day at every show they do from here to eternity, but it falls really flat as an opener. Much better served as the first 'hit' of the set.

Is Acrobat the song they'd need to go live in a tree to learn how to play live?

I wonder if I'll ever hear:

One Tree Hill
Acrobat
Heartland
A Sort of Homecoming

Those are part of my top 10, the least likely of the top 10 to ever get played while I am at a show. OTH is the best bet I guess, since they did break it out a few times last tour.

I'd like to see them play The Fly.

Fantastic song for sure. It's a real shame that they can't play it live because Edge forgot how or whatever excuse they cooked up.

All I really want to hear is them transition from God Part II to Last Night on Earth.

I really enjoy that whole series. Some of it is guilty pleasure, but mostly I have no shame about it.

Is likening something to Nazi Germany the automatic fail in any debate or theory now? It seems to be pretty prevalent..especially in YouTube and Facebook comments about..anything, really. As soon as the guy said it in the video I was like ok, I've heard enough..

^ha.

for some reason I thought I'd venture into The Other Place to see some more reactions.

abe-simpson-gif.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom