Random Music Talk XCI: A Festivus for the Rest of Us

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but I'd be willing to bet you're not gonna whip it out and piss all over the carpet. Not unless you feel like sleeping in the garage tonite lol

Not in front of my daughter at least.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

Not that guilty, though. ;)

photo_zps0f0436a9.jpg

photo_zps8cb20f77.jpg

I feel a little guilty saying that we have had a really mild winter in the PNW.

Beautiful sunny day today with temps in the high 40s. I'm actually hanging out by the harbor today, which it's rarely nice enough to do in January here.

Right? Yesterday when I got home in the late afternoon, it felt like spring. I sat in the sun on my patio without a coat on. Bizarre.

I don't know. I thought I was OK with cold until I moved into a place that isn't insulated all that well. I saw the forecast for Monday and actually got a little worried. It doesn't help that it's also supposed to snow.
I have bad circulation so my feet are cold all winter, but I've sort of just accepted that as fact. I still have zero interest in moving anywhere, even if the weather is better.

So I started the thirty day trial of Google All Access today. If it's decent enough I'll probably switch to it permanently. €120 per year isn't that much money when you're able to listen to basically everything you want.

I may sign up for a trial as well, but it will take a lot to steer me away from Google music

I have bad circulation so my feet are cold all winter, but I've sort of just accepted that as fact. I still have zero interest in moving anywhere, even if the weather is better.

Saaaaaammmeeee problem. And yet, I too, have zero desire to move.

I continue to buy most of my music, movies and books. I still stream movies that I would never buy via netflix or amazon instant, but, prefer ownership.

Speaking of weather - I grew up in NYC and so when I moved from LA to Chicago, I was not really daunted by the prospect of being in a cold weather area. But, my 2nd winter in Chicago was beyond brutal. There was a 30 day stretch where the weather never went above 32 degrees. Fucking insanity.

The forecasted low for Monday night is -21. I fucking shit you not. Never move to Chicago.

Last edited:
That's the one thing I fear. Owning stuff is still more fun isn't it.

Honestly, I don't miss it. My while CD collection is uploaded to the Google cloud and if I know I'll be in an area with slow data, I can download from the cloud to my mobile device before leaving the house.

Another thing, I have been given flack occasionally regarding my downloading habits and let's just say that the music industry gets $120 more per year from me then it had in probably the last 5-10 years. Some of you may still not agree with it. I call it progress. :wink:

I'm using the new app finally. It's a shithole.

What is this ~end~ nonsense? It looks horrible. I can tell a page has ended because of the arrows.

Last edited:
2 winters ago we had a winter that was essentially late fall/early spring weather at worst, and it basically didn't snow, that was the greatest winter of all time. This year is apparently penance.

The weird thing was it snowed so much the year before that combining the year of no snow came out to two average snowfall years in Massachusetts. It was a very odd two year stretch.

The funny thing is (though it's probably completely logical if you know anything about weather) is that it's way too warm here for the time of the year. It's barely frozen here and January is almost over!

I probably wouldn't leave the house if it was -20,-30.

You start to get a bit cabin crazy after a week like that, tho. Believe me, I've been doing my utmost not to go outside. I wonder if people may actually start dropping by just to check on me if I stop cracking open the door at least every other day to retrieve the mail and yank the newspapers off the step...lol :reject:

Serious hibernation mode here, guys

It hasn't been over freezing here in nearly two weeks and the wind chill has been bouncing between -10 and -25 (all temperatures Fahrenheit, of course). But if the streets have been cleared I've been able to drive to work and get my afternoon running in.

I live in Green Bay. I really don't like weather related conversations.

I visited UW Green Bay when I was choosing colleges. My parents wanted me to go there, because it was close and my dad had grown up there.

"And all the buildings are connected with underground tunnels, so you don't have to go outside in the winter!"

That's great, but they neglect to talk about how the dorms are located across a big, open field with no tunnels, so to even get to class, you are smack in the damned elements.

I visited UW Green Bay when I was choosing colleges. My parents wanted me to go there, because it was close and my dad had grown up there.

"And all the buildings are connected with underground tunnels, so you don't have to go outside in the winter!"

That's great, but they neglect to talk about how the dorms are located across a big, open field with no tunnels, so to even get to class, you are smack in the damned elements.

Yeah that's where I went but I lived at home. The tunnels were nice though. :)

I'm not really snowed in so much as the roads are messy and it's just enough of a nuisance that none of my friends are heading downtown.

I enjoyed Red Bull and vodka back when I drank liquor and caffeine. I was always partial to vodka and gin, never liked rum, whiskey or tequila. Though I basically stopped drinking liquor after May.

You start to get a bit cabin crazy after a week like that, tho. Believe me, I've been doing my utmost not to go outside. I wonder if people may actually start dropping by just to check on me if I stop cracking open the door at least every other day to retrieve the mail and yank the newspapers off the step...lol :reject:

Serious hibernation mode here, guys

Yeah, I work from home a lot, and my house is drafty. This has lead to a lot of wasted productivity from curling up under 5 blankets and napping or watching Netflix. But because of that "activity level" I keep feeling the need to get out at night when its even worse out. On weekdays I've been coming up with reasons to go out just because it's insane being home this much. Luckily I've had to take a lot of meetings this week, and two weeks from now I have to go to Haiti & the Dominican for 2 weeks so I'll be nice and warm then. Then again being from Massachusetts all the previous times I've been in Haiti I basically overheat. I guess I need to go to like San Diego and find some pleasant weather.

I was running five miles a couple times a week back in the spring but getting a job really threw my fitness routine for a loop. I'm hoping to get back into a rhythm soon now that a couple huge projects are wrapping up.

Ran seven miles. Drinking Diet Pepsi.

I slept in, read, napped, ate ice cream and left over pizza, watched UFC all afternoon, played with my dog, and am now drinking a Diet A&W Rootbeer.

I have taken over from Andrew WK as the new king of party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom