Random Music Talk LXXVI: No officer, it's not the ice, I ALWAYS dress like a donkey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard work today, you guys. I have to look at Mia Kirshner all day.

Shall I try a Hottest Chika innuendo on her?

What did you think of his last album, Impy? I found it grew on me the more I listened.,,

It aged really well for me too. I was initially disappointed coming off Shepherd's Dog, which is still far and away my favorite of his, but I found more to love about it as time went on. Another entry in a pretty much spotless discography.

I know I've mentioned this before, but I'm going to again. I have thousands of CDs. It's blatantly obvious that CDs are going to go away. Should I keep collecting them? Should I keep my collection at all? Should I move to vinyl? Is that just more shit to have to pack up and lug around every time you move? Should I move entirely to digital? Digital is far and away the cheapest and easiest option, but you have nothing to show for it. What do the rest of you with "collections" do? What are your plans for the future? What's the deal with these Cornnuts? Is it a corn or is it a nut?

Hard work today, you guys. I have to look at Mia Kirshner all day.

Shall I try a Hottest Chika innuendo on her?

Nobody knows who that is. I'd rather look at Irvin Kershner all day.

I know I've mentioned this before, but I'm going to again. I have thousands of CDs. It's blatantly obvious that CDs are going to go away. Should I keep collecting them? Should I keep my collection at all? Should I move to vinyl? Is that just more shit to have to pack up and lug around every time you move? Should I move entirely to digital? Digital is far and away the cheapest and easiest option, but you have nothing to show for it. What do the rest of you with "collections" do? What are your plans for the future? What's the deal with these Cornnuts? Is it a corn or is it a nut?

Leave it behind.

You've got to leave it behind.

The title Ghost On Ghost reminds me of Dylan's seminal BLONDE ON BLONDE, although a lot less arousing.

Whats the deal with ovaltine? The can is round, the mug is round, why not call it roundtine?

Im in the same boat as you. I plan to keep buying CDs until the bitter end and then probably switch to vinyl or something. I don't want to really contemplate it to be honest...

Also, I still love my CDs and will probably continue to buy them until the bitter end.

Yup.

I'm happy to hear Iron and Wine has something new coming out.

I'm sad that 30 Rock is ending tonight.

Also, I'm supremely bored at work today. This whole week, actually. Sucks.

Have you heard any Charles Mingus, Cobbler? He's esoteric but also essential listening for any jazz fan.

No. But I love the album title Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus.

Thank you.

A little late to say this, but I love this song. And Born Slippy. :drool:

Also, I still love my CDs and will probably continue to buy them until the bitter end.

I really only like the music in the first part of Born Slippy, before that hard beat comes in.

I too will continue to buy CDs.

For the last couple of years I have gotten away from buying CDs. It's so much cheaper to buy albums for $5 or less on Amazon or 7Digital. The exception is when I can find a used CD cheaper than the download.

In some cases I really want lossless, but I'm perfectly happy buying a FLAC download. For instance, I never bought The King of Limbs in any physical format, just the hi-res FLAC.

Vinyl I see as more of a luxury item, but I bought more of it last year than I care to admit. It's a slippery slope, Scumbo.

Also, I tried out a Spotify premium account for a few months last year. It was nice, but I ended up buying everything I liked anyway, which kind of defeated the purpose.

A little late to say this, but I love this song. And Born Slippy. :drool:

I love all of Underworld's live Everything, Everything. I can get my house sparkly clean when that's blasting.

I still buy CDs but am making more digital choices. I already had a massive vinyl collection that I let go of due to space and moving issues, and that's when the thinking was that vinyl was history. What can you do. Just keep buying music in whatever format feels right in the moment.

I no longer collect for the sake of collecting; I have to really want to listen to the music I buy now. I have other things I want to spend money on at this point in life and I've even gotten rid of about half of my CD collection in the last few years, and I'm not done with that project yet.

Is anyone nerdy like me and made their own iTunes playlist with all the songs from U22 and Edge's Picks and all that?

I'm actually going to do just that for an 8hr road trip tomorrow. I like listening to live U2 in the car and I only just got Edge's Picks a couple of weeks ago, so now is a good time.

Now I'm curious, and I'm listening to the U22 version of "Even Better Than The Real Thing" on YouTube...

The band sounds great but, good lord, how bored does Bono sound? And this is the big opening of the concert? His vocals on this first verse sound like a rehearsal, like he's just walking through it waiting for it to be over. This is bad.

EDIT: There, he's belting out the "You take us higher!" part. It's getting better, maybe just had to get a bit warm first.

Hey, the version of "Stay" from this thing is from one of the Chicago shows I went to! Nice! You can hear me singing the backing OHHHHHHHH's in the chorus behind Bono.

Wait, no, that's the Edge. My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom