Random Music Talk LXXIII: Mayan Apocalyspe Never Tear Us Apart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't listen to Dark Side of the Moon all that often. Maybe only a couple of times a year. But it's still my favourite album of all time and I doubt I'll ever hear a better one.

I think Time might be the greatest song ever.

I love Brain Damage, for the inimitable way it mixes very dark lyrics (mental illness) with extremely positive and upbeat music.

I think Eclipse is the greatest closing track ever.

I love the slide guitar on Breathe and Breathe (Reprise).

I love the solos, both guitar and sax, on Money.

I love the choruses on Us and Them.

Any Colour You Like is fucking awesome and amazing.

I would love to see Karen O cover this amazing (shut up Axver) song:

Pink Floyd. The Great Gig in the Sky. - YouTube

I had an interference related dream last night and have been debating whether I should share it or not. I have one that I recall maybe every 6 months or so, but, this one had a higher level of specificity than usual.

I had an interference related dream last night and have been debating whether I should share it or not. I have one that I recall maybe every 6 months or so, but, this one had a higher level of specificity than usual.

You can't post something like that and then not share.

By the way everyone, if you don't have me on Facebook, here's my new wheelz.

383598_10151227506916843_1264829089_n.jpg

Alright, so, in the dream, COBL came in this thread and posted that he needed a lot of help/support, because he was entering a talent contest where you had to sing a song, something non-original (enemy of art stuff, obvs). He wanted as many of us as possible to attend. The contest did not take place in Australia, but it was still quite a journey for anyone from the US or Canada to attend. A bunch of us decided to go anyway.

So we find out beforehand that he's gonna be singing "Chinatown" by Destroyer and we're all expecting the worst. But, when it's his turn, he comes out, sees us there supporting him and fucking nails it, like, he's embodying the feel of the song, selling it, etc. Now, that's not the bad part....the bad part is that in the fucking dream, halfway through the song or whatever, Lazarus of all people looks around the table at everyone with a knowing look on his stupid fucking face, nods his head and everyone gets up and starts dancing on top of our table. It was like a cheesy scene out of Footloose or something. I woke up not long after feeling sick to my stomach. But, good job COBL, you owned "Chinatown". No idea if you won the contest or not. I don't recall just how many from this thread were there supporting him besides Laz, Peefowitz, CRASHley and Jive Turkey. I imagine that I recall those 4 because I know what they look like. Wait, Mofo was in there, too, but I don't know if he was at the show or not.

Alright, so, in the dream, COBL came in this thread and posted that he needed a lot of help/support, because he was entering a talent contest where you had to sing a song, something non-original (enemy of art stuff, obvs). He wanted as many of us as possible to attend. The contest did not take place in Australia, but it was still quite a journey for anyone from the US or Canada to attend. A bunch of us decided to go anyway.

So we find out beforehand that he's gonna be singing "Chinatown" by Destroyer and we're all expecting the worst. But, when it's his turn, he comes out, sees us there supporting him and fucking nails it, like, he's embodying the feel of the song, selling it, etc. Now, that's not the bad part....the bad part is that in the fucking dream, halfway through the song or whatever, Lazarus of all people looks around the table at everyone with a knowing look on his stupid fucking face, nods his head and everyone gets up and starts dancing on top of our table. It was like a cheesy scene out of Footloose or something. I woke up not long after feeling sick to my stomach. But, good job COBL, you owned "Chinatown". No idea if you won the contest or not. I don't recall just how many from this thread were there supporting him besides Laz, Peefowitz, CRASHley and Jive Turkey. I imagine that I recall those 4 because I know what they look like. Wait, Mofo was in there, too, but I don't know if he was at the show or not.

:cornflakes: This is the best.

What did I look like?

:applaud: I (mostly) love realistic dreams. I have too many horrible ones, but other peoples are great, and that one is just ace.

OK LemonMelon posted a song awhile back in one of these RMT threads from a band in the 90s (?) who was never real famous but he was ticked they didn't become so. It was a YouTube clip, with the static image of a sea (?). I'm trying to think of the song and don't even have a clue beyond that where to start....

Sort of indie/shoegaze-y

by the way the summer after I saw Inception I had two lucid dreams. Apparently it helps if you wake up earlier (6 or 7 am) and then fall asleep again.

The picture description makes me think of Ride's Nowhere album cover, but I doubt that was it.

All I dream about is being in college and having to go take a final for a class I've skipped all semester, or being in high school and not remembering what my locker combination is. Throw in realizing I'm not fully dressed in the above situations, and that pretty much covers the 95% of the dreams I can remember.

So we find out beforehand that he's gonna be singing "Chinatown" by Destroyer and we're all expecting the worst.

This is excellent. I lol'd.

I had a sorta Interference dream last night, too. Actually it was a martha & her husband dream. Something to do with that Christmas chili. And me eating it. And they were there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom