Random Music Talk LXXIII: Mayan Apocalyspe Never Tear Us Apart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't know what you guys were on about before, turkey's delicious. maybe you all are just used to dry, bland poultry. that's about as bad as this thread title.

i can't wait till christmas. i'm making two turkey breasts instead of messing with one whole turkey because no one eats dark meat in my family anyway.

We just eat a range of meat. Turkey, pork, lamb, chicken, beef.

You guys ever had vegetarian duck? By far the worst thing I've ever eaten.

on christmas we always have either ham or turkey, whichever we didn't have on thanksgiving. we had ham on thanksgiving, so-ooo...

had duck once, at a fundraiser dinner for a freaking duck organisation. tastes gross. i don't really like pork either, unless it's ribs. living in memphis, it's a requirement to like them to live here.

Skipping concerts cos of weather tends to make me pretty miserable, and skipping concerts for weather that isn't even happening more so. But just for you, nsw: the upside to skipping the street dogs show (atheism? Mormonism? I know not either) is that I get to stay home and do my other favorite thing. Pizza, wings, video games with my best friend. Cos even after nearly doing that very same thing every single weekend for years on end, with some slight non-turkey variations in food choices, it never gets old. See, my life is actually pretty awesome most of the time, it's a constant geekfest at my house.

We always have turkey. And it's always super dry and kinda bleh. I'd rather just go pick up burritos or make spaghetti on an ordinary day, and think its kind of dumb to make a big deal out of holidays.

Christmas day dinner was always at my grandma's, and it was always roast beef (or, as we called it, "roast beast." Thanks, Dr Seuss). Christmas Eve was usually at our house, and it was usually ham. (Blerg. That's what we had when I was home earlier this month. Blerg.)

.... now I miss my Nana. Even though she always put onions in the mashed potatoes. (So gross.)

Way to be asleep at the wheel, people.

Sandstorms are very, very dangerous.

anakin.jpg

Come on, I'll take you to my place.

Just popping in to say I really love the Killers' "Runaways".

^It's close, but that's actually not true at all. I'd say it's probably either Tim McGraw, The Best Day, Change, Enchanted, or State of Grace.

Oh, indeed. I am.

The best song of the last twenty years is probably something off of New Adventures in Hi-Fi.

Or it might be Party In The USA.

Or maybe Paranoid Android.

NOPE.

The official winner of the 'Best Song of the Last 20 Years' award, voted on by the Hollywood Foreign Press, is "Change" by Taylor Swift.

Congrats. The runners up were all strong and invaluable competitors, and worthwhile pieces of art in their own right.

iDubBee, I could have used you last night. At the Kendrick gig some stupid 18yo British lad greened out, and kept turning around to me and saying "stop fuckin pushin up on me ay mate". Not that I could control my movements, the place was that packed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom