Random Music Talk LXVII: All the First-World Problems You Can Handle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
even have a soft spot for Sexy and I Know It.

I've mentioned before that I don't mind that song, either. Yeah, no denying it's stupid, but that's the point, and it amuses me. Plus, it's tied to an inside joke with friends, so there's that, too.

I don't have the songs on my iPod and never seek them out on youtube or whatever, but I get down when they're played at a party or something.

Same.

Anywho, eh, kinda surprising, but really, how much further could they go with their schtick?

bono_212 said:
This shit finally has an album cover and release date. I'm not going to lie about how excited I am, what's the point? Tuesday, September 25th is going to be a day that goes down in history in my own personal life:

[*]World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

I am disappoint.

Just an FYI:A well connected friend just sent me a early version of one of the songs on U2's new album. On it, Bono uses Battlestar Galactica as an allegory to explain who will win the current US elections.

Old school Lorne Greene Battlestar Galactica or new female Starbuck Battlestar Galactica?

People are queuing around the block at this Verizon store more than three hours before it opens. I assume this is for an iPhone release. Seems a bit excessive to me.

Just remember, it's a collaboration with people who also come from popular groups, so they're singing as often as he is (or more often).

Nighthawks At The Diner. Sorry, Alice, Bad As Me and Mule Variations, I have a new favorite Tom Waits album.

Oh I'll do it again. That was more post-insanity hyperbole than anything else. It's definitely worth it, having multiple chances.

What sucks is, if I'd done a bit more research, I could have had three chances, and now instead have a useless Killers fanclub membership.

That phrase sounds a little redundant :wink:

Har Har.

Complete with my useless membership is my equally useless MP3 download of the album I received from buying the tickets. Considering that I dropped $90 on the deluxe edition bundle of the album to get the damn membership.

iron yuppie said:
Did you manage to see Beach House last night, Impy?

No, it didn't work out, but I'm at least over the being bummed phase. They'll come around again.

After The Gold Rush is so good it instantly makes me want to sit down with my guitar and write the best song ever.

Which I can't do, because I'm not Neil Young.

I was in a band for a month called After The Gold Rush. The singer/songwriter is a huge fan of Neil Young.

I'm really digging this song. The whole album is really good, too. I think I'll buy it!

shit, the link is breaking the thread. I can't remember what to change to make it not break the thread. I swear, I copy/paste URLs from Youtube all the time and don't have this issue.

Anyway, the band is First Aid Kit and the song is "Emmylou."

Good tune. Not even my favorite on the record, actually. I watched them at Lolla for about 20 minutes and they sounded surprisingly energetic. Really enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom