Random Music Charli LXXXII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ashley, looks like I may be in Dallas August 31 for LSU vs. TCU.

pouncingtiger_zpseee64581.gif

I'm incredibly jealous, I want to go so badly.

This is a great lineup. Kinda near some of you. I hope it foreshadows Laneway's Australian lineup next year :drool:

Sigur Ros
The National
Alunageorge
Charli XCX
Chet Faker
Chvrches
Deerhunter
The Dismemberment Plan
Flume
Frightened Rabbit
Haerts
Icona Pop
My Brightest Diamond
Phosphorescent
Run The Jewels (El-P + Killer Mike)
Savages
Solange
Warpaint
Washed Out
Youth Lagoon

Laneway Festival Detroit lineup revealed

Aaaaand of course tickets are about half the cost of the festival here. $80 for that is an absolute fucking steal.

So, I'm trying to finish up the RYM top 100 that I haven't rated already. I recall enjoying Meddle a bit, but listening to it now, I'm liking it...a lot. Like, a fuck-ton, I think is how I would refer to it.

Except whichever track had the dog. "Echoes" is just fantabulous.

It's certainly the last time they had a playful quality about them. Seamus and San Tropez are both good fun. One of These Days would likely land in my top 5 Floyd tracks.

I thought so. I can't always look over at track titles when I'm at work. Thanks. I didn't dislike "Seamus", I just...wanted...it to not be on, anymore. Probably would've felt differently if I hadn't been working, maybe, possibly.

I suspect my rankings are currently somewhere around

1) The Wall
2) WYWH
3) Meddle

as far as really loved albums by Pink Floyd and me go.

I'm listening to Bitches Brew, iYup, thought I'd let ya know. Have to pause it now though, lunch time!

I'm really hoping that MBV is going to be at Riot Fest. It seems about right. Not sure when we usually get that lineup though.

Apparently I have a psychic connection with Riot Fest or something:

WEDNESDAY 10PM...STAY TUNED.....

says their website right now. I'm assuming we'll get some info then.

I looked into it too. If drinks are included and it's a reasonable price, that's the way to go. That's how I roll at FFF as I easily drink the difference in price over three days.

Also, last year the VIP tix cost over twice as much as the regular ones. So expect to be paying over $200 for the privilege of shorter food and bathroom lines.

Drinks included?

Good luck with that.

Festival VIP packages are about half and half on drinks and/or food being included, and I have no way of knowing right now which category FYF falls into. Double the price with no booze and food doesn't catch my fancy, so if they're not included, I'm not interested.

Edit: found some chatter about VIP in years past saying it sucked and drinks are at "bar prices." No thanks.

Also, last year the VIP tix cost over twice as much as the regular ones. So expect to be paying over $200 for the privilege of shorter food and bathroom lines.

The VIP tickets at Riot Fest are stupidly tempting. I can't remember how cheap they are now, because the site is down until Wednesday, but I remember contemplating it last year.

I don't know that there is anyway this year's Riot Fest can compare to last year's based on the rumors I'm hearing, but I'm willing to hold my breath, just a little bit. Right now the rumors are pointing at Fall Out Boy and Green Day, which is a definite decrease in quality from Iggy & The Stooges and Elvis Costello.

Wish You Were Here
Dark Side / Animals (impossible to choose between them)
The Wall
Meddle
The Final Cut

Also, good to see you listening to some Miles, 212.

Back
Top Bottom