Random facts and confessions, post-tour edition.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice guys/girls really do finish last.

Fact: I am wayyyyyy tooooo nice.

:D That'll be a perfect payment.

But seriously, being too nice, I guess the first step in stopping that is giving up on caring for everything. Stop wanting to be liked by everyone, accept that you can't like everyone so not everyone can like you. There's no harm in that, it's just how people work. Stop caring that some don't care for you, if someone doesn't care for you, why should you care for them? Friendship comes from both sides.

I know. Sometimes I just need to be reminded, and you are great for that, so thanks! :hug:

I was walking around a public square in San Juan tonight and there was an American guy (who seems to be a juggling act) and while he was performing, he was playing U2 music on Virtual DJ - New Year's Day, Wire, and I think Pop Muzik / Mofo. It made my night. :wink:

Nice guys/girls really do finish last.

Fact: I am wayyyyyy tooooo nice.

Nah, doormats finish last. Nice guys/girls just know when and where to draw the line. Sometimes you have to get burned a bit before you learn where that is, though. Once you do, put your foot firmly down and don't let anyone take advantage of your kindness. :yes:

Nah, doormats finish last. Nice guys/girls just know when and where to draw the line. Sometimes you have to get burned a bit before you learn where that is, though. Once you do, put your foot firmly down and don't let anyone take advantage of your kindness. :yes:

Well I'm a doormat for sure.

Well I'm a doormat for sure.

Well, cut that out. :shame: But what I'm saying is, there's nothing wrong with being nice. Don't let users and manipulators take that away from you or make you believe it's a weakness. I've been burned plenty trying to figure out where that line is. It's there, though. :)

I just got done doing some reading for my class and flipped around the textbook a little and saw chapters on sleep disorders, anxiety disorders and the differences between male and female behavior...yeah, I'm gonna like this! :shifty:

I so glad you are having a great first day! :hug:

It is amazing how seeing another family's tragedy can put things into perspective for you. What seemed like a huge deal before now doesn't seem so bad, all things considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom