*POSSIBLE SPOILERS* Rehearsals In Vancouver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to decipher the altered / added words in Bullet, I do like the 'a man breathes into his cellphone' alteration @ 3:40. Vertigo Bullet felt like it was missing the urgency of previous tours, looks like it having a break for a tour was a good thing.

That audio clip from the rehearsals is promising :up: I wonder how long songs like OSC will actually stay in the setlist.

I wonder if songs like OSC will make it into the setlist :hmm: (I hope so).

Now hoping for some Passengers news sans Miss Sarajevo...

The rant at the end of Bullet sounds incredible! Always loved the Mark Chapman rant on Elevation. Love angry Bono. :hyper:

(oh! and the Abba snippet)

I wouldn't hold your breath, especially after the response YBR got on the last tour.

This is true.

YBR and Miss Sarajevo are a giant snooze fest. They don't translate at all, and I like passengers and was wanting to hear YBR but it was brutal live. Miss Sarajevo will probably make it in at some point, because the band seem to love it, but I don't think they play anything else.

I love slug, but it would bet it would be the same reception as those others, I hope they leave passengers out.

This is true.

YBR and Miss Sarajevo are a giant snooze fest. They don't translate at all, and I like passengers and was wanting to hear YBR but it was brutal live. Miss Sarajevo will probably make it in at some point, because the band seem to love it, but I don't think they play anything else.

I love slug, but it would bet it would be the same reception as those others, I hope they leave passengers out.

I disagree about Miss Sarajevo live. It was gorgeous on the 360 Tour. Of course thats just my opinion i can't speak for everyone.

I did notice one chap in St. Louis who didn't seem to appreciate it as much as i did. In fact i don't think he enjoyed any of the show that much, except for when he went to refill his booze cup.

After the show i followed this guy out of the ballpark and stalked him into a dark alley. Once he stopped to wizz behind some trash dumpsters, i took out my pocket knife and sliced him from top to bottom. Then i gutted him properly and threw the remains into the dumpster.

He was a dumb worthless drunk and probably wasn't missed.

OSC is lifeless on the album, so it's no surprise that it would be multitudes better in concert. I was thinking about how it ends and could lead to an abrupt transition into some other fan favorite...or how they could just perform the first part of it and jump into another song. I expect to see it on the tour for those reasons and given how easy it is for everybody to perform.

Can we get a full list of everything rehearsed thus far?

Well, I guess I could try to cobble that together...

Boy - I Will Follow, Electric Co.
October -
War - Sunday Bloody Sunday
UF - Pride, Bad
JT - Streets, With or Without You, Bullet The Blue Sky, Running To Stand Still
R&H - Desire
AB - Even Better Than The Real Thing, Until The End of the World, Mysterious Ways
Zooropa -
Original Soundtracks I -
Pop - The Playboy Mansion
ATYCLB - Beautiful Day, Elevation
HTDAAB - Vertigo, City of Blinding Lights, One Step Closer
NLOTH - Magnificent
SOI - Every Breaking Wave, The Miracle, California, Song for Someone, Iris, Volcano, Raised by Wolves, Cedarwood Road, Sleep Like A Baby Tonight, This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now, The Troubles

Non-Album - Ordinary Love, Invisible

Italics = Not Played on 360 Tour
Bold = Never Played At A Regular Gig

The amount of actual rarities really stands at two. The older cuts that weren't on the 360 Tour all appeared on the Vertigo Tour. However, the fact that they're rehearsing a lot of classic live staples (and Vertigo Tour staples) is a good thing if we want to see two unique setlists. As I've said before, there's about 30-40 songs they could easily perform over the course of two nights. If we want two unique setlists, then we'll want them to rehearse songs like Pride or Elevation. Once they feel they have the classics and new material down pat, then it will be time to start chucking in a lot of rarities as the opening night nears.

Other Songs That Fit This Live Staples Scheme (At least five plays on one of the last two tours):

Boy - An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart, The Ocean, Out of Control
October - Gloria, Scarlet
War - New Year's Day, 40
UF - The Unforgettable Fire, MLK
JT - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
R&H - Angel of Harlem, All I Want Is You
AB - Zoo Station, One, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, The Fly, Ultraviolet
Zooropa - Zooropa, Stay, The First Time
Original Soundtracks I - Miss Sarajevo, Your Blue Room
Pop -
ATYCLB - Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of, Walk On, Kite, In A Little While
HTDAAB - Miracle Drug, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Love and Peace or Else, All Because of You, Crumbs From Your Table, Original of the Species, Yahweh, Fast Cars
NLOTH - No Line On The Horizon, Moment of Surrender, Unknown Caller, Crazy Tonight (Remix), Get On Your Boots, Breathe

Non-Album - Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me, Mercy, The Saints Are Coming, Window In The Skies, Instant Karma!, Return of the Stingray Guitar, Glastonbury, North Star

That's just a rough sketch on my part, but proof that unique set lists over two nights is totally doable.

I have a weak bladder so I truly hope OSC will be in the setlist. That's my cue to go take a whiz and not miss a thing.

They haven't rehearsed One? not that they have to but I have a hard time believing that won't be in the set.

Nah, they'll give it a rest for the tour. After all, "One Step Closer" :up:

In all seriousness, how funny would it be if they played "The Playboy Mansion" opening night and didn't play "One"? Nobody until now could have ever predicted that would be a remote possibility.

well I'm sure they'll rehearse songs throughout the tour. Maybe they've got "one" in their pocket and they don't need to run through it. They've also got another couple weeks and I'm sure they'll try a few more out, especially if the set is gonna dramaticlly differ over multiple nights. When you're doing 8 nights in NY you can't just alternate the same two setlists, they're gonna need at least 40 songs they can pull from.

As pointed out on another forum its almost like it Bono having a conversation with a younger him?

As pointed out on another forum its almost like it Bono having a conversation with a younger him?

Yeah, the @U2 forum had a discussion about this...might have a younger Bono hologram that appears on the video curtains or whatever.

For what it's worth, I could barely make out a single word from that audio clip although it was nice to hear the music.

Bullet...oh shit no..I hoped it is retired for good...after Zoo Tv it became awkward...I see it is again in slow tempo :(

One Step Closer... sounds a bit boring to me

Anyway, thanks a lot for audio clip!

They haven't rehearsed One and they haven't rehearsed Still haven't found either. Both songs have widely been believed to be staples. I would be surprised if they didn't get played, maybe not on a nightly basis, but I cannot see the band drop any of these classics. Then again, maybe they haven't figured out how to play One without Bono on guitar.

Personally, I take whatever they chose to play, even if I have a lot of wishes, but I'm sure more and more songs will be rehearsed and added during the tour. Personally, I'd love to hear more songs from Pop and NLOTH, simply because these albums need some love.

Now the question of the million for the guitarist of the forum!!! I you want to put this question in another site of the forum... The big part where the guitar is distorted, you heard the Harmonic Transformer or another Distortion pedal?

If you look, there are versions if One without Bono on guitar. The opening night of 360 in Barcelona. Also a South American Popmart gig where the actual Mothers of the disappeared are onstage. They sound no different. I can't think of any song Bono "played" guitar on that really NEEDED it. I think him playing was more of a visual thing, and to give him a chance to stand still. I am a guitarist myself, and I can hear what he is / isn't adding. It's not much.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

If you look, there are versions if One without Bono on guitar. The opening night of 360 in Barcelona. Also a South American Popmart gig where the actual Mothers of the disappeared are onstage. They sound no different. I can't think of any song Bono "played" guitar on that really NEEDED it. I think him playing was more of a visual thing, and to give him a chance to stand still. I am a guitarist myself, and I can hear what he is / isn't adding. It's not much.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Fly, Kite, Stay, Angel of Harlem, All I Want Is You, No Line On Horizon,...

I think it was Bono that said they were going to do 2 totally different shows. He never said it was going to be on different nights. My thought is with there being no opening acts . They are going to come out and play SOI in full and go off stage for a while. Come back out and play 2 hours of older stuff. 2 shows . one nite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom