*POSSIBLE SPOILERS* Rehearsals In Vancouver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
-Running Standstill full band with Edge only guitar. Full guitar climax and Bono doing Full voice hallelujahs

tumblr_mv0aonff3t1slgwnjo1_400.gif

I wouldn't get any BS detectors going. I mean, they almost released a Playboy Mansion 2002 mix or whatever back with Hands that Built America. Nothing else is terribly out of the ordinary here. I mean, they brought out Your Blue Room last tour and played it in stadiums, so...

This is all well and good, but where are the uptempo songs?? ACROBAT!
GOD PART 2!

2 HEARTS!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I wouldn't get any BS detectors going. I mean, they almost released a Playboy Mansion 2002 mix or whatever back with Hands that Built America. Nothing else is terribly out of the ordinary here. I mean, they brought out Your Blue Room last tour and played it in stadiums, so...

They are motivated by the same thing that made them include Zooropa and Scarlet. Who would have thought An Cat Dubh or the Ocean happening in 2005?

The band/crew have lists of songs that have never/rarely/overdue to be played live.

Where art thou, "Promenade"?

-Playboy Mansion full song full band. 3-4 Edge guitar settings including the slide bit. Bono vocals are infinitely better than the album version. I think the only Pop song never played live

I'm now thinking after the bike thing Bono has had to put away the cigs/Booze for a bit and his voice is much better because of it. The Vancouver bar photo of him with 2 girls was a glass of water in front of him.

I´m starting to think someone makes fun of us. Why to reincarnate perhaps their weakest song ever that is compeletely forgotten and unknown for most of the people who vwill visit the show? This sounds like a total bullshit.

I can only imagine Bono has rewritten many of the lyrics of PM otherwise it would be pretty odd to be playing after all these years.

-The Troubles - AFAIK the final song from SOI to be rehearsed/played live. Canned Lykke Li vocals. The Lou Reed thing in 1992 might be the only other time they did canned lead vocals. Weird that she doesn't want to work a relatively low-pressure 20-30 minutes a week and travel the globe at a 5 star level with U2 all expenses paid while gaining enormous goodwill for her career. Maybe she will pop up in London/Sweden/LA/NYC.

I thought Lykke Li had her own tour scheduled that clashes with many of U2's dates? I suppose, though, that she doesn't need to appear at these rehearsals anyway, at least not this far out, even if she is appearing live at some gigs.

Axver knows I post accurate setlist information

Yeah, I trust U2FP to post accurate information. Everything he's reported in the past has proved to be accurate. The tidbits he posts in this thread get reported on U2gigs, and that puts my reputation on the line as well to a degree. I wouldn't do that if I thought the report bullshit - note that I never let that fake handwritten setlist anywhere near the pages of U2gigs.

So thanks heaps for the extra posts; I'm especially excited about Running to Stand Still. Playboy Mansion doesn't entirely shock me - U2 over the years seem to have wanted to make it work - but One Step Closer? You could knock me over with a feather if they do that. Very surprising choice, but if they want something suited more to arenas than stadiums that Bono and Edge can do in an intimate form (maybe with some mellow strings?), it could be an effective selection.

And the MJ line will just be odd...

Well, I guess it is accurate now.

We ask for rarities and get Playboy Mansion... Ughh... That long stretch of old standbys sounds pretty damn good right about now :sexywink:

Given that even Miami, of all songs, actually became decent live, I've confidence that Playboy Mansion could be cool.

Bizarre choice :huh:

And the MJ line will just be odd...

Maybe the show is going to be structured to take us back to various points in their lives/career so maybe they are doing Playboy Mansion as originally written as being reflective of the time it was written in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom