Pleban Girls Party - Where you do not have to wear pants if its not cold!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VintagePunk said:

Exactly!! I mean, it's not like I couldn't pop the disc in in the car, or drive home and listen to it...there's just something soooo cool about the radio.

Something about hearing it on the radio makes me want to roll down the windows and force it on everyone else. I've been known to take a few extra laps around my apt. complex to get "Miracle Drug" outta my system and edumacate these youngsters.

Dismantled said:

Rule #3 of obsession

Blame

:wink:

yes yes....we are all just as bad:yes:

*hides from taser

I own it. I own my Bono obsession.

Okay VP...*backing away*...put down the taser, we're all friends here....we had a nice schedule worked out for him last time, remember? :wink:

Elessarian said:

Something about hearing it on the radio makes me want to roll down the windows and force it on everyone else. I've been known to take a few extra laps around my apt. complex to get "Miracle Drug" outta my system and edumacate these youngsters.

I was happy one day in school when one of my students saw me checking u2.com:reject: anyway he looked at Bono and said"OH I know them....they do that really awesome video with the black comming off em (vertigo)..they are soo cool! I love to skate to that song"

I was never so proud of that young man as I was that day *wipes tear

Elessarian said:

It's worse at the PhD level, and doubly worse on the job market. Of course, there's a lot of animosity between these uber-nerd statisticians taking over social sciences and the gruff old-school guys (like my Dr. Snow) who think stats are just "witch science."
Dr. Snow is SOOOO stank about the stats emphasis now. He leaves faculty meeting barking "I teach politics, dammit, not calculus!!"

:rockon:

Yay him!! :bow:

My advisor is pretty casual about stats too...admittedly, he doesn't know shit about it, either...realizes that it's necessary to learn it, but admits that unless you're using various statistical procedures/tests frequently, they're forgotten, and so (in his case) you either dump it off onto one of your grad students or RA's, or look it up as you need it.

Dismantled said:

I was happy one day in school when one of my students saw me checking u2.com:reject: anyway he looked at Bono and said"OH I know them....they do that really awesome video with the black comming off em (vertigo)..they are soo cool! I love to skate to that song"

:lmao:

They can be taught!! *welling up a little as well*

Dismantled said:

Awww *tear*

VintagePunk said:
Okay. I swear not to taser y'all.

I just get him first. And if he comes to you all tuckered out and lacking energy, oh well. :evil:

PFFFT! *puts up taser defenses

Dismantled said:

Gives one faith in the youth of our society. :)

daygloeyes2 said:
*tries to motivate self to re-start paper*

:banghead:

Bono says "come'on DG...do it for me....you will like it..I promise...please DG..don't make me get down on my knees and beg you...you know you want to..please DG..just do it for me..go for it"

:drool:
bonohj.jpg
[/IMG]

VintagePunk said:
And if he's still calling out my name when he's with you...well, not much I can do about that, now is there? :sexywink:

I'm used to people forgetting my name and thinking I'm someone else.... *cough* you and Dis*cough*cough* :shifty:

daygloeyes2 said:
*tries to motivate self to re-start paper*

:banghead:

Aww....heaven knows I sympathize (*remembers May with a shudder*)...but y'all were there for me then and we are here for you now. :hug:

*channeling all paper-writing vibes and sending them directly to DG*

daygloeyes2 said:

I'm used to people forgetting my name and thinking I'm someone else.... *cough* you and Dis*cough*cough* :shifty:

Whats that susan?

OH...ahem I mean Bri...oops Dg:wink:

Dismantled said:

Bono says "come'on DG...do it for me....you will like it..I promise...please DG..don't make me get down on my knees and beg you...you know you want to..please DG..just do it for me..go for it"

:drool:
bonohj.jpg
[/IMG]

Wow, your pep talk was so much better than mine.

Elessarian said:
How 'bout we pool our collective brainpower and create a time machine, that way we can all have a Bono from a different time period. :drool:

:hyper: do I want POP or Elevation.....or no wait..he's pretty hot right now...oh the decisions!

Elessarian said:
How 'bout we pool our collective brainpower and create a time machine, that way we can all have a Bono from a different time period. :drool:

In theory, a brilliant plan. But inevitably, there will be someone me who wants to try *all* the Bonos. What then?

:shifty:

Too much is not enough...

Elessarian said:

Aww....heaven knows I sympathize (*remembers May with a shudder*)...but y'all were there for me then and we are here for you now. :hug:

*channeling all paper-writing vibes and sending them directly to DG*

:hug:

Wait, I feel something!:hyper: Nevermind, that's just my shoulder that's killing me. :madspit:

VintagePunk said:

In theory, a brilliant plan. But inevitably, there will be someone me who wants to try *all* the Bonos. What then?

:shifty:

Too much is not enough...

*makes fist

I will fight for my Bono....and i am not afraid of your taser *shadow boxes in front of VP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom