Pleban Girls Party - We're Faraway, but so close

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
25.gif

:hug: night All

it was the 1.30pm rush! classes finish at 1.30pm and so lots of people come in quickly before they go home. was nice though - was able to help a few people find some books for their assignments - being useful is fun :reject: :lol:

most of the time nobody asks, people just come in, use the computers, maybe print off a few pages and that's it. so it's usually pretty slow in here - haha, searching books for people will probably be the highlight of my day :lol:

what are you up to this afternoon/evening/whatever time it is there? :wink:

back from uni.

Hello again, everyone.:wave:

It's raining outside, and quite cold.

my painting that got into the exhibition for butter and sg and anyone else who's interested...

Image187.jpg

as i said, it's very low res, there's lots of text on there that you can't really see...

Last edited:
Interesting painting... :up:

Drea... what if your buzzer fiend was :adam:? :wink: And congrats on the hat... I'd love to see Edge in a pink beanie :laugh:

Babydoll, glad the interview thing went well. :)

Was it Bri doing the photographer assisting thing? Congrats/good luck/you'll be fine :hug: (And apologies if I got the name wrong!)

SG, glad to hear Gav is starting to bounce back. He must be happy to have you there for him :heart: :hugs:

Jem, hope the antibiotics do the trick soon! :hug:

I think I've used up my hug allowance for the day... :giggle: Hope to see some of you over the weekend...
Yay weeked!! :hyper:

75 days to go...

I'm pretty good :) It's getting harder to be interested in work, the closer I get to my holiday! :lol:
And I'm probably stressing way too much about airline security and being late for planes and trains and stuff... *headcase*
I wish I could still use the blue crack from work... :(

How are you? Congrats on exhibiting the painting, btw... did you put on a disguise and lurk about to hear what people thought of it? :wink:

ach, so true - nothing like a good holiday to de-motivate you!
you should be ok - you'll probably be like me and leave way, way too much time and arrive with plenty of time to spare :up: :lol:
aw thanks! i was even to shy to lurk! haha! i didn't go near my painting all evening, but my friends who came said they liked it - my classmate from brazil was really enthusiastic about it, but he's enthusiastic in general :lol:
i'm good - lots of assignments due, but funnily enough i'm not too nervous about them - i think i'm glad to finally be doing some work :lol:

Hooray for enthusiastic friends :D :up:
I must make sure I always have a book or something on me, to while away the hours in airports :wink: Or is that "wile away"?
There's so much stuff I've been meaning to do, bookings and research for the trip... plus I was out Tues and Weds night seeing bands... One was a jazz trio; have you heard of Tal Wilkenfeld? The guys on Triple J's breakfast show were interviewing her last Friday, and they mentioned this gig... she's this 21 year old bass-playing genuis or something, I had to go see her, and it was amazing! It was pretty depressing too... :lol:
Then it was the Howling Bells at the Corner Hotel on Wednesday (the place they filmed the crowd scenes for the WITS video!!)... that was pretty good, although I think I almost enjoyed the opening acts more, cos some moron at the mixing desk turned the volume up WAY TOO LOUD for the Howling Bells' set. It literally hurt, a lot of people were moving to the back of the room. You couldn't hear it proplerly, it was so loud... blah. That kind of volume might have been justified in an arena, but not a pub/club! :tsk:

i always need books to keep me occupied - i don't know what i'd do if i didn't have them handy :eek:
those gigs sound great, apart from the bad sound obviously! i haven't heard of tal wilkenfeld - is it her jazz trio? i might look her up, although i'm not sure if i want to be depressed about my lacklustre playing as well :lol: :wink:

http://www.talwilkenfeld.com/Tal.html
Don't worry, I'm depressed enough for both of us! :lol: I don't think I picked my jaw off the floor until she was three tracks into the set. :ohmy:
I haven't practised for ages... :reject:

I'm between books at the moment, I really should re-read Steven Erikson's series again, I'm two books behind, and his plots are so bloody complicated, I won't know what's going on if I read the latest books now. :reject:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom