Pleban Girls Party - Walking In A U2 Wonderland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just got back from Sarah's Christmas concert. It's put on by the music department, and features the jr and sr concert bands - Sarah is in the sr band, and just a month ago she was asked to help out with the jr band, too ( they're kinda....I suppose raw would be a nice way to put it :uhoh: ). Also, for the first time, she's in jazz band, a smaller ensemble with just 8 players in it. It's pretty much limited to grade 12 kids cause of space limitations, and they have to audition for it. I've waited since she began high school for her to be in this band, and they TOTALLY ROCKED. I could have easily just listened to them perform all night. They also did a few songs with vocalists, one of them was "Take Me or Leave Me" from Rent. They blew me away. :bow: :bow: Sarah had a sax solo in Route 66, too, and she performed magnificently!!

yeah, when their hand is shaking and they're coming at you with a needle the size of a garden hose :yikes:

:lol: I'm a tough cookie, though, I didn't faint, curse or assault the poor girl :wink:

Fly :hug: how'd it go?

VP :hug: congrats to Sarah, that's really cool! :up:

SG :hug: hope you're feeling better! :heart:

Jo :hug: congrats on your ceremony!!

as for me, I've been studying all day and I've been listening to the show for a little bit...I think I'm gonna go to sleep soon :( :yuck:

VintagePunk said:
Fly!! :hug: How did it go? :hyper: Are you drunk? :wink: :lol:

I was scared to death about this exam, more than I've ever been for anything school-related in my life...but it actually wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be. I went through and answered all the questions I knew for sure or was almost 100% on and there was around 80 of them. (The exam was out of 100 questions) So if I guessed right for a few questions here and there then I actually did well. :lol:

*sigh of relief*

And alas, I am not drunk. I forgot I have a really early eye appointment tomorrow so the drinking may be postponed. :wink:

Sami! :hug: Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, either. My poor girls. :(

Fly, isn't it funny how exams sometimes turn out? I've had that experience, dreaded some exams and had them turn out to be a breeze, and then there have been others I've probably been a tad overconfident on. :yikes: Glad to hear yours went well, and that you're free now. :hyper:

VintagePunk said:
SG, you went to see your doctor today, right? Is it an ear infection? :(

No, but I've had so many ear infections that when I get any sort of flu, they ache like crazy. So that was actually good news, it's just a generic virus and will run it's course. I'm already feeling a lot better.

Congratulate Sarah on her performance tonight for me, thats really cool that she's so involved with the band(s)

Fly :hug: I'm glad that you're done with your exams; and that you're relieved. I'm relieved for you :)

good night, Sami :hug: sorry you're feeling icky :( Hope you feel better tomorrow

Sad_Girl said:
Congratulate Sarah on her performance tonight for me, thats really cool that she's so involved with the band(s)

She's sitting right here reading, and she said thanks. :)

Yeah, it's great that she's involved with so many bands, till I have to get up early three mornings a week to drive her to rehearsals. :madwife: I told her to tell her music teacher that if she's invited into any more bands, he can damn well start driving her. :lol:

She said to tell you all that she's going to try to talk the music teacher into letting them do Angel of Harlem for next semester's practices and then in the spring concert. :hyper:

VintagePunk said:

She's sitting right here reading, and she said thanks. :)

Yeah, it's great that she's involved with so many bands, till I have to get up early three mornings a week to drive her to rehearsals. :madwife: I told her to tell her music teacher that if she's invited into any more bands, he can damn well start driving her. :lol:

She said to tell you all that she's going to try to talk the music teacher into letting them do Angel of Harlem for next semester's practices and then in the spring concert. :hyper:

Ooh! I bet that one would sound really good that way. Is this the Jazz band or the Sr band?

Goodnight Sami, feel better :hug:

Fly, don't you just hate it when obligations get in the way of well-deserved post-exam celebrations? :grumpy: Even when I started on campus and my schedule wasn't so compacted, I'd be invited to go out after exams but I couldn't because of having to drive home. :sigh:

Sad_Girl said:

Ooh! I bet that one would sound really good that way. Is this the Jazz band or the Sr band?

Jazz band. Or as Sarah just said, the good band. :lol:

YOu should hear their bass player and drummer. They both had solos tonight too. :drool: They're in a rock band together. And the drummer's female. :)

VintagePunk said:

Jazz band. Or as Sarah just said, the good band. :lol:

YOu should hear their bass player and drummer. They both had solos tonight too. :drool: They're in a rock band together. And the drummer's female. :)

I bet that will sound really really good with a jazz band arrangement :up: :up:

And that they have a rock band on the side :wink: Female drummers rock :rockon: :shifty: don't tell Larry I said that though :laugh:

VintagePunk said:
Sarah wants you all to come to their spring concert in May. :lol:

I would love to hear her! :love: Unfortunately, I won't be in the country. :(

I was thinking the other day that we all need to get together on a weekend or something and see a play or just hang out or whatever. I miss everyone :sad: There needs to be a PLEBA reunion.

SG, that would be amazing if you could come!! :hyper: And Fly, I really wish you could too, although I certainly understand you not being able to give up your plans for it. :drool: :lol:

Yes, we should all plan something. When do you leave, Fly?

We could all go to Ikea!! :love: :lol:

VintagePunk said:
SG, that would be amazing if you could come!! :hyper: And Fly, I really wish you could too, although I certainly understand you not being able to give up your plans for it. :drool: :lol:

Yes, we should all plan something. When do you leave, Fly?

We could all go to Ikea!! :love: :lol:

Ikea! :love: :wink:

Hmm the date isn't set yet because I don't know my final exam schedule....but I'll be gone for sure around the first few days of May if not a little earlier. :hmm:

FlyYourKite said:

Ikea! :love: :wink:

Hmm the date isn't set yet because I don't know my final exam schedule....but I'll be gone for sure around the first few days of May if not a little earlier. :hmm:

I'm so happy for you, that's such an amazing opportunity! But you'd better have internet access while you're there. :sad:

And the boys should be back home by then. :shifty:

Sad_Girl said:
Ikea!!!! :hyper: :hyper:

I agree, we'll definitely need to get together and do something. Especially to see Fly off to Ireland properly :wink:

:heart: I have a feeling I'll be getting lots of coughsightseeingcough tips :wink:

Originally posted by VintagePunk
I'm so happy for you, that's such an amazing opportunity! But you'd better have internet access while you're there.

And the boys should be back home by then.

Thanks! :) I am so excited. Now that exams are over I'll have some time to get things organized and do job planning before these damn 12 hour shifts start.

I won't be bringing my computer but I'm sure I'll use internet cafes a lot. :lol: 4 months without internet access would break me. :wink:

SG, yes, we have to do something special for her. Like maybe pack ourselves into her luggage? :wink:

Fly, Sarah was just asking if this is set up through your school, or if it's some sort of program?

Back
Top Bottom