Pleban Girls Party - thanking U2 for an amazing 2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sad_Girl

Blue Crack Supplier
7841a301.jpg

feel better sg :hug:

maybe see you later...

i love that ?? silk? fushia shirt on B! :drool:

it's funny B & Larry looking on the serious side while Adam & edge seems to by reacting to what/who ever in a amused fashion!

Last edited:
:yes: :yes:

I'm glad we can encourage you, Bri.. You DO have some talent there there that -- if you wanted to- either be proffesionally nutred or go on to teaching yourself through books and 'how to"s" on the Net :up:

Even if you just do it for yourself.....having keen interests helps you have a more fun, intersting & fuller life.
And it CAN really help you to stay young in mind/body & spirit!!!

SO do keep dabbling!!!
:hug: :hug:

~BrightestStar~ said:
:hug:

So how has your 'dabbling' been?
Any interesting new projects? Weren't you working on some picture of the boys at one point?

A little slow for the Holidays and some Other Obligations.......

But YES....I AM working/planning to do Several art projects with the "the guys" over the next few months!!!

Most will have drawing, then colored on the computer and other stuff computer manipulation=wise aspect to them.....

I might get to do some later that are have and hold drawings/paintings.

I gotta learn to re-paint better first... the drawing part is prett good again ay times... And even better, at times. But not yet back up at the prolific level I had b4 I got scared out of my art after getting ill...:madspit: and then later-- that I acheived close to ? 70% in prolificness and skill in 1999 before i moved, got worse and lost almost all of it again. :sigh: what 'm stuggling to reain!

Last edited:
~BrightestStar~ said:
If you ever get a chance, I wouldn't mind seeing some of your stuff. :)

I HOOPE TO put some of my u2 and maybe a bit of my other R&R art..and photos.. {bruce, the Who, Patti smith} up-- when I can EITHER

A) arrange to have someone scan the stuff for me.... [kinko's etc -- it's just too expensive!} and put it up on PLEBA for me.

B] get the free internet connection this acquaitance of mine is gonning to set up at some point.....and find a real cheap palce to scan stuff in....or MAYBE my weekend aqrtt class might let me scaN it onto a disk and i'll get it on there or somewhere else.

have i tols you lately I intensely disllike being poor {thank the powers NOT destittue] !
Re-painting? As in painting over the drawing? colouring on the computer?

that was unclear......

i stiopped painting in the early 80's after doing it through JHS, HS & Art college and for some years after...
I switched to Colored Pencils drawing....for about 10 yrs {what I was doing when I got ill}

SO I have to relearn how to paint again. I never learned to paint that well in acrylics.....so it's a challenge.
I can't take the turpetine & oils smell anymore :sigh:

I'm sure you'll find a way to upload some of your stuff in time. :)

Oh, I see. With a bit of practice, it'll come back to you...kinda like a bicycle. The interesting thing I've found is that when you actually are *trying* to recapture some technique you used, some style, etc, it seems utterly impossible.
I thought I could whip thru a watercolour in grade 12 since it had many similar styles/images/etc as one I did in grade 11. How hard could it be to recapture those techniques? Heh. Yeah, not that easy. The grade 12 one sucked, my teacher liked parts of it that I hadn't done before (I had water with reflections, I'd not done that before)..but many other parts she was like "I know you have the ability to do that better."
And I find the same thing now, the harder I focus to try and do it...the more difficult it is.
I do much better whn I just experiment and play around with it. Don't pressure yourself, you have it in you, you just gotta find it again.

did that make sense or was it one long ramble? :lol:

Btw, aryclics? ack...evil. I'm a watercolour girl myself.
Of course I've only ever used them...umm...2. :lol:
And they were evil both times. :grumpy:

Last edited:
~BrightestStar~ said:
I'm sure you'll find a way to upload some of your stuff in time. :)

Oh, I see. With a bit of practice, it'll come back to you...kinda like a bicycle. The interesting thing I've found is that when you actually are *trying* to recapture some technique you used, some style, etc, it seems utterly impossible.
I thought I could whip thru a watercolour in grade 12 since it had many similar styles/images/etc as one I did in grade 11. How hard could it be to recapture those techniques? Heh. Yeah, not that easy. The grade 12 one sucked, my teacher liked parts of it that I hadn't done before (I had water with reflections, I'd not done that before)..but many other parts she was like "I know you have the ability to do that better."
And I find the same thing now, the harder I focus to try and do it...the more difficult it is.
I do much better whn I just experiment and play around with it. Don't pressure yourself, you have it in you, you just gotta find it again.

did that make sense or was it one long ramble? :lol:

Btw, aryclics? ack...evil. I'm a watercolour girl myself.
Of course I've only ever used them...umm...2. :lol:
And they were evil both times. :grumpy:

you are right in a major sense......

But ALSO since i never learned to do them THAT well........in the first place......I'm more of a low Intermediate.
SO I have LESS to "recaPTURE"

part of the "problem' is ?? self" and perhaps outside pressure to get it up to sped for future Earnings potential!

But I'm not ever at the 70% I finally Re-acheieved in summer 1999... of drawing skill & proliferaion.......
Part of it is.....fear of failure/sucess.......

And having that cranky roomate and one other one {who we got stuck w for a whole year -2004}...who often saps my energy soooo much that i lose my momentum/focus TO do the art......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom