Pleban Girls Party - Still crazy after all these years

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sami0201 said:

Well I'm applying to Dartmouth so of course if I get in I'll go but realistically it's U of North Carolina. I have the grades and the scores to get in but the only problem is that it's a state school so like 83% of students are from NC, so the out-of-state acceptance is very very competitive!

Very good choices :up: I remember University of Delaware was hard for out of staters to get in since so many in state attend there. Good luck with it all :)

Well, you know I'd love to have you here in the state so I could come and see you, but I'm also rooting for you to get in to the best place for you, wherever that would be :up:

11.gif
:wink:

BonosBaby12 said:

Got it and responded :)

Sami a midwest school sounds like a good idea too. Has nothing at all to do with the fact that I plan on moving to Chicago :whistle: :wink:

:lol: I really have no desire to be in the midwest. :reject: Michigan is as far out as I'll go. :wink: I applied to Indiana but I know I'm not gonna go there.

Michigan doesn't fit in to the American mid-west - I've never actually had anyone who lives here refer to it as being part of the mid-west

We're sort of unique unto ourselves, I think. We fit in more with South-eastern Ontario than anything :lol:

Sad_Girl said:
Michigan doesn't fit in to the American mid-west - I've never actually had anyone who lives here refer to it as being part of the mid-west

We're sort of unique unto ourselves, I think. We fit in more with South-eastern Ontario than anything :lol:

Ahhhhh always have one area that just has to be different :wink:

sami0201 said:

:lol: I really have no desire to be in the midwest. :reject: Michigan is as far out as I'll go. :wink: I applied to Indiana but I know I'm not gonna go there.

Wise choice with not going to Indiana :lol: I had a friend who to college there but promptly returned to Delaware after graduation :lol:

Really though it's great that you applied to different areas and didn't limit yourself. Very smart move :)

I just saw an ad for this last night and wondered if you girls had heard about it:

Travel Channel Presents Musician, Campaigner and Philanthropist Sir Bob Geldof's Journey Across a Continent With BOB GELDOF IN AFRICA

- Two Hour Special Making Its US Premiere on Travel Channel -

Join Sir Bob Geldof as he explores the complex mixture of culture, history, climate and politics that lie at the heart of modern Africa. Premiering Monday, October 23, from 9-11 PM (ET/PT), BOB GELDOF IN AFRICA follows his visits across the continent to countries that include Ghana, Benin, Uganda, Tanzania, Somalia and Ethiopia, in an all-encompassing and intellectual journey through visually stunning landscapes.
ADVERTISEMENT

From Live Aid to Live 8, Bob Geldof has spent more than 20 years working on and in the continent of Africa -- The Luminous Continent -- as he refers to it in this program. In BOB GELDOF IN AFRICA, viewers will discover why Geldof has become engrossed with Africa's beauty and people, its 2,000 cultures and languages, its different approaches to development, economics and politics, and witness the survival skills that make the people there so unique. The special provides an all-encompassing and intellectual journey through one of the most visually stunning places on Earth.

BOB GELDOF IN AFRICA is produced and directed by John Maguire for the Travel Channel. Travel Channel is now available in more 87 million US homes. Discovery Travel Media is an integrated media business that includes: Travel Channel; Antenna Audio, the world's leader in audio tours; online assets including http://www.travelchannel.com and the broadband offering, Travel Channel Beyond (http://www.travelchannelbeyond.com); as well as travel related content for Video-on-Demand (VOD) and mobile platforms.

Sad_Girl said:

Southwestern Ontario actually :lol: I have to agree with you though, growing up where I did *g*

Drea said:
No wonder my sim doesn't appear at any parties - the twins seem to be keeping her and Billy pretty busy :lol:

OMG yes! You have NO idea :lol: I get exhausted trying to keep up with them - both of them had to take all of their vacation days :crack: they are unstoppable! :lol:

Why is it that when you are searching for that one movie you can never find it? lol

Btw thanks for the heads up about the program SG :). Sounds pretty interesting Im going to have to remember that it's on.

Sad_Girl said:

OMG yes! You have NO idea :lol: I get exhausted trying to keep up with them - both of them had to take all of their vacation days :crack: they are unstoppable! :lol:

:lmao: And they're not even that mobile yet!

(Btw, Chatham's roughly straight out from the bottom of your thumb if you extended the LP hand across the border, give or take :wink: )

sami0201 said:
Ugh ugh I am melting. :love: Don't you love when a guy calls you baby? :cute: :drool:

Mark used to call me 'Babe' all the time - anyone else had ever tried that I would have slugged them, but I loved it when he said it :love: :heart:

funny how that works :lol:

Back
Top Bottom