Pleban Girls Party - posting out of control

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol: sami, that's hilarious!

There's usually nothing good on TV on Friday nights, so I usually watch a movie or something if I'm home. I'll probably watch it. Jack Black is pretty funny.

Sad_Girl said:
I wasn't crazy about 'school of rock' even though I really like Jack Black :shrug: It's my nephews favorite movie though

tenacious d is just hilarious!!
i have seen them live and just
laugh so hard my ribs felt bruised!

I just saw the weirdest commercial for birth control pills. They're marketing it to young teens!! :huh: I mean, I know kids are sexually active a lot younger these days, but wow. Crazy! It just was so weird to see a commercial for birth control pills that didn't feature adult women. Sorry if that sounds weird. :lol:

conan_034.jpg

ThoraSEB said:
I just saw the weirdest commercial for birth control pills. They're marketing it to young teens!! :huh: I mean, I know kids are sexually active a lot younger these days, but wow. Crazy! It just was so weird to see a commercial for birth control pills that didn't feature adult women. Sorry if that sounds weird. :lol:

:yikes: I think that would freak me out a bit, too

I'm not a prude nor am I old-fashioned or ignorant about it but thats - wow. Thats iffy at best. Birth control for teenagers is something I think should be much more between them and their parents and/or doctors

Sad_Girl said:

I'm not a prude nor am I old-fashioned or ignorant about it but thats - wow. Thats iffy at best. Birth control for teenagers is something I think should be much more between them and their parents and/or doctors

My thoughts and feelings exactly! It just took me a bit by surprise, that's all. It's the first time I've seen anything like that.

It's kind of like the soft - alcohol drinks marketed mostly to underage kids :slant: You can see how it would work, why they would do it, but it's just - unethical

Gosh I just thinik its so sad. I wasn't on birth control till I was 20 and engaged to be married. I started it then so when I got married I would be all set. But then again back then they still talked about abstinance alot.

Sad_Girl said:

i agree
and i am not sure how good it is for their growing bodies to be messing with their hormones at such a young age

I started taking birth control when I was pretty young, but it was originally because it helped control my crazy periods. It is better to be safe, but I don't know what to think about this marketing to teens. :shrug:

Russty Cat said:
Gosh I just thinik its so sad. I wasn't on birth control till I was 20 and engaged to be married. I started it then so when I got married I would be all set. But then again back then they still talked about abstinance alot.

That's the big issue now...should schools be teaching birth control or abstinence? I think by law they are required to teach abstinence. People say that teaching birth control is like saying it's okay to have sex, but then others say that it's better that they know about it than if they don't. We were just debating on this in class a few weeks ago. :lol:

I had several friends and relatives who used birth control from a young age to control their Menstrual cycle - and even those who were having sex weren't doing it because they thought the pill gave them a free pass to do so I don't like to see birth control blamed for sexual activity among teenagers, I think that's a faulty line of logic a lot of people fall into

Molly Bloom said:

oh no what happened russty??

Well the other night one of my front teeth broke and most of it came out. So I super glued it back together, but it broke again today. And tomorrow sadly I have to go get a cane that I have to walk with from now on. :( And if that doesn't help enough I might have to go back to wearing a leg brace all the time too. They want to do steriod treatments again too, but I'm not letting them do that yet. So its going to be a fun weekend. :D :wink:

Molly Bloom said:

i agree
and i am not sure how good it is for their growing bodies to be messing with their hormones at such a young age

I think that with a doctors supervision birth control at a young age is fine and in some cases even necessary to be able to function in todays society - my cousin has such heavy periods that without the hormones she would not be able to make it through a 'block' period of classes without bleeding through a tampon

i was taught both sex ed and about birth control and i was a virgin til i was 24 and i have only been with one man so i dont think teaching it makes kids have sex

Russty Cat said:

Well the other night one of my front teeth broke and most of it came out. So I super glued it back together, but it broke again today. And tomorrow sadly I have to go get a cane that I have to walk with from now on. :( And if that doesn't help enough I might have to go back to wearing a leg brace all the time too. They want to do steriod treatments again too, but I'm not letting them do that yet. So its going to be a fun weekend. :D :wink:

Oh, Russty! :sad: :hug: What a rough week. :heart: things will get better again, though. They always do :hug:

Russty Cat said:

oh no! can the tooth be saved???
what is going on with your leg? has it not gotten any better ?

Back
Top Bottom