Pleban Girl Party: Too Tired from all the U2 excitement!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't capped in awhile, have I? ... :hmm:

5fa30c34.jpg

After you finished your advanced degree, you thought you were through with wearing college apparel. You don't even know where your old college t-shirts are. And the sweatshirt from your other university is kind of faded and doesn't fit you right.

Then you saw him wearing that jacket. A classic letterman's jacket. You didn't think he'd ever played high school or college sports. He was a music geek, way back in his teens and 20s, not a jock.

Still, it's so cute on him. So clean-cut.

You have to borrow it.

"B, I'm kind of cold tonight. May I borrow your jacket?"

He takes off the blue-and-white jacket. The back says it's from NYU. How'd he ever get an NYU jacket, anyway?

Gently, B drapes the jacket around your shoulders. It's warm, cozy. It smells just like him. He may never get it back from you.

"I'd be glad to help keep you warm tonight, love."

Last edited:
MBS said:
Ack!
So many IM's :crack:

Can't keep track......

I'm waiitng to tell someone in py psych paper group that B has a nice ass...while I tell someone else that Subliminal messages in media would be a curious thing to discuss...
:huh:

:help:

:lmao: That would be too funny.

Sorry, I'm not helping :giggle:

MBS said:
Ack!
So many IM's :crack:

Can't keep track......

I'm waiitng to tell someone in py psych paper group that B has a nice ass...while I tell someone else that Subliminal messages in media would be a curious thing to discuss...
:huh:

:help:

Discussion topic: Is the "Sinner" across the back bottom hem of that tour jacket a subliminal message in media?

Just tryin' to help. :wink:

and I really do work in the media, too!

MBS said:

Does anyone else really wish they wre on the receiving end of a look like that? :love: :drool:

That "How you doin'?" look of Bono's?

Oh, no. Not me. Never. No way. If he ever looked at me like that, for real, why, I'd ...

:combust:

Sad_Girl said:
Heh heh - Adam has an atomic bum :lmao:
atomicbum.jpg

SG, did you...aww, never mind. :reject:

Seriously, this terrorist threat garbage really has me steamed. If security around the Garden (which is on top of several railroad and subway lines) is increased and the guys can't do meet 'n' greets, and/or if they make it difficult for people without tickets to hang around there (I'm trying my best to meet Ruff there tomorrow), I am going to be pissed beyond belief. How dare these *$%&)#&*# spoil my fun!!!!!!!!!!

jobob said:

Hi DianeL! :hug:

How was Intellectual Bono last evening?

He looks so cute in a college letterman's jacket .... <sigh>

Well, if you read earlier in this thread you will read the tragic tale of how I ALMOST, I said ALMOST, met Bono. I was less than 2 feet away from him when he turned and walked to the other side of the sidewalk!!!

But the talk was great. Intellectual Bono was funny and charming and charismatic and had the crowd in the palm of his hand. Jeffrey Sachs was just about the most compelling speaker I've ever heard. And when Bono was wearing that NYU jacket, I thought of your story with B, and how he would wear a jacket like that!!!

I also saw Edge, who is a real cutie :cute: and even Paul McGuinness! So it was a great night and a fun time.

Diane L said:

SG, did you...aww, never mind. :reject:

Seriously, this terrorist threat garbage really has me steamed. If security around the Garden (which is on top of several railroad and subway lines) is increased and the guys can't do meet 'n' greets, and/or if they make it difficult for people without tickets to hang around there (I'm trying my best to meet Ruff there tomorrow), I am going to be pissed beyond belief. How dare these *$%&)#&*# spoil my fun!!!!!!!!!!

I know how you feel :mad: :mad:
If the threats are still strong by next Friday my mom said she might not let me go :mad: :sad: I think they still don't think the threats are viable though

:giggle: One of my coworkers made a point of making sure I knew that U2 was on Conan tonight... I said "I know, but thank you for telling me." Her reply? "I should've known you would know." *SNERK* And up till a few days before the TO shows, I hadn't even mentioned them at work! ;)

She also knew that Bono's up for the Nobel Peace Prize :wink:

VintagePunk said:

SG!!! :hyper: :hyper:

I had to be with my girls on Conan night!! :hug: :wink:

not to mention it's Nobel Peace Prize Announcement Eve! :wink:

"Nobel Peace Prize Announcement Eve" was first celebrated at Casa de jobob in 2005, in anticipation of ... well, you know what.

Drea said:
:giggle: One of my coworkers made a point of making sure I knew that U2 was on Conan tonight... I said "I know, but thank you for telling me." Her reply? "I should've known you would know." *SNERK* And up till a few days before the TO shows, I hadn't even mentioned them at work! ;)

She also knew that Bono's up for the Nobel Peace Prize :wink:

Three of my co-workers from the library have called me at home to tell me about Conan. That's so sweet.

Is it sad that the first thought I had when I heard about the security threat in NYC was of the guys? Hoping they were safe and well protected?

Not about the other people of NYC or about the emergency workers, or anything like that. My very first thought was OMG! How much longer are the guys there? Get them out!

:reject:

Sorry to others in NYC ... I thought of you right after that!

Last edited:
Sad_Girl said:
Is it sad that the first thought I had when I heard about the security threat in NYC was of the guys? Hoping they were safe and well protected?

Not about the other people of NYC or about the emergency workers, or anything like that. My very first thought was OMG! How much longer are the guys there? Get them out!

same here, and it's actually sad because my whole family lives in NY and my uncle works in the city a few times a week and takes the subway :reject: It's actually kind of disturbing that I didn't think of him first :huh: :reject:

but I love our boys and of course we would want them out if God forbid anything happened there :hug: :heart:

VintagePunk said:

I am!! And so are you!! :hyper: :hyper: :happy:

:hug: :heart

How have we let something so silly as school, and work, and life get in the way?
:tsk:

I've missed you!

:hug: :heart:

And how did I *know* you would buy the dvd recorder. It was bound to happen eventually! :lmao:
Did you get it from Best buy? :wink:

I sent dad out for new blank tapes. :D

Sad_Girl said:

This may sound ridiculous, but as I was watching Bono watching Sachs speaking last night, I was looking at him and...I asked God to take care of him. He is so good and so unique to this world that I worry about him.

And this could keep the guys from the meet and greet, as I said--they need to be safe. They have so many people close to them who love them and need them. I'm sure Paul McGuinness, their security crew and everyone in the organization will make sure that they are as safe as possible at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom