Pleban Big girls are best party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
~BrightestStar~ said:

Hey Sami! :hug:
I see you're having thesis troubles.

Hi! :hug: how are you?

yeah, I am :sigh: And I was thinking about staying home on Thursday since that's when my dad is having surgery, but that's when the thesis is due and I can't hand it in tomorrow 'cause now I have no idea what I'm doing! :lol: My aunt's friend who is an english teacher said to do that the american dream is to own a piece of property/a house :shrug: I don't think that's very good though! How do I write a paper about that with research and stuff?

:banghead:

Wild I hope you feel better soon :heart:

:lol: Wild :hug:

the interview keeps cutting off but if you leave it on it comes back after a few minutes :hyper: I'm still in the middle of listening

I should really be doing homework :shifty:

I'm not too bad. Not feeling 100% but todays been nice. Full of political discussion (and mocking).....I got Q magazine :happy:....Ooo..and got myself another MPH band :love: and was chatting with our uni's EWB sector.

Hmmm...lemme think about this a bit. Maybe I can help? :)
It's always difficult to pin down a thesis. Even with my inquiry papers last years i was warned I may be too broad, but in the end, I kept with what I wanted to do, and it turned out. :)

thanks Bri :hug: I'll take any help I can get! Writing is not my strongest area
did you see my long ass post before :lol: :crack:

lucky you got Q! :drool: I still can't find it! They should have it soon though :happy:

the topic is just to do a research paper about what the american dream is...the topic is so damn broad your answer can be anything! I know that's why she did it, but it makes it so much harder to pick :angry:

:drool:

:hmm:
Equal access to healthcare and education aren't such bad topics. Perhaps you can think of your topic in those terms, in a way. Like, parents want their children to be better off than they were, in the sense that they want them to have; better and greater access to education, they want them to have better and greater access to health care, etc.
As for raw data. You'd probably need to look into some sociology stuff/research. Go google crazy. Perhaps something about immigrants (illegal or otherwise), I'm sure there must be studies/papers about what they are running from/coming for. Things like that. Also, perhaps something like leaders in change, like MLK, did he not often say that he wanted a better world for his children?
As for your topic being too broad, I'm sure if you argue that you are going to break the paper into sections that focus on a few of what you feel are the most key reasons/issues, your teacher will be fine with that.

And this could be entirely unhelpful. :reject:

Last edited:
sami0201 said:
thanks Bri :hug I'll take any help I can get! Writing is not my strongest area
did you see my long ass post before :lol :crack

lucky you got Q! :drool: I still can't find it! They should have it soon though :happy

the topic is just to do a research paper about what the american dream is...the topic is so damn broad your answer can be anything! I know that's why she did it, but it makes it so much harder to pick :angry

:hug:
You've gotta have a lil faith! You can do it. :)

Check hmv, thats where I got it. :drool:

Want broad? Try being told.....pic any topic that has to do with development issues/ideas from anywhere in the world.
:uhoh:
Talk about a load of topics!

Alright, hope that helps!
I gotta run to go eat.

Wild. :hug: :heart:
Mind B for me ;)

:wave:

Ended up staying home from work today, was still feeling like :censored:

Where's SG? I need a pic of Adam looking comforting... might have had a cap idea at one point today :shifty:

~BrightestStar~ said:
:drool:

:hmm:
Equal access to healthcare and education aren't such bad topics. Perhaps you can think of your topic in those terms, in a way. Like, parents want their children to be better off than they were, in the sense that they want them to have; better and greater access to education, they want them to have better and greater access to health care, etc.
As for raw data. You'd probably need to look into some sociology stuff/research. Go google crazy. Perhaps something about immigrants (illegal or otherwise), I'm sure there must be studies/papers about what they are running from/coming for. Things like that. Also, perhaps something like leaders in change, like MLK, did he not often say that he wanted a better world for his children?
As for your topic being too broad, I'm sure if you argue that you are going to break the paper into sections that focus on a few of what you feel are the most key reasons/issues, your teacher will be fine with that.

And this could be entirely unhelpful. :reject:

it's funny you said that about MLK, I actually used for an example a few weeks ago the part in his I Have a Dream speech when he talks about his kids.

I think I could probably get away with doing it and focusing on say, 3 major topics (parents want their kids to have better healthcare, education, employment? etc) Maybe I'm just bad at researching :reject: I still don't know where to hit it from, I wish we didn't have to use actual research- I'd be able to BS this in a minute! :lol:
thanks for the help, that's probably the direction I'll end up going in :hug:

Back
Top Bottom