Philadelphia IIa Setlist Watch and Party Part ONE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

Yeah, I agree. Why can't First Time come after Yahweh or ISHFWILF or something like that? I think it'd work amazingly well after ISHFWILF.

Also, some of these newly debuted songs seem to have died quick deaths: In A Little While, Discotheque, and Walk On (though it was on NYC V's set).

Walk On wasn't on NYC V... I was. :wink:

May I share with you, good people, my love for this song:

Antony and the Johnsons (with Rufus Wainwright singing) - What Can I Do?

:sad: :sad: :sad:

Axver said:
Also, some of these newly debuted songs seem to have died quick deaths: In A Little While, Discotheque, and Walk On (though it was on NYC V's set).
while we're killing time, does anyone want to predict the answers to this question:

What songs (already played this year) won't get played again in 2005?

leading contenders would include:

-Until The End Of The World
-New Years Day
-Running To Stand Still
-Mysterious Ways
-An Cat Dubh
-Into The Heart
-She's A Mystery To Me
-Discotheque
-Original Of The Species
-All I Want Is You
-Walk On
-In A Little While
-Out Of Control
-Gloria
-Party Girl

Some of these will surely get played, and some of them will probably not be heard from again this year. Which ones do you think are done?

jon_lemire said:
It is odd, isn't it, that In A Little While seems destined to never return? Especially now that Bono is singing a snippet of it during ISHFWILF -- it'll probably stay there.

And I agree that the slow encore (The First Time, Stuck in a Moment, etc) is here to stay on most nights -- but, maybe Disco will show up once in a while. Here's hoping for Walk On on 11/22....

I guess it's kind of like Please on Elevation's third leg - done once full band, then doomed to the mire of Bono+Edge acousticness.

I really don't see why they can't keep varying the song before Beautiful Day like they were doing. That was fun. Gives Larry an early break after the intensity of the early songs too.

Axver said:

It's almost 11:30am here on the 18th.

I'm trying to think of some interesting trivia ... this has to have the most tour debuts of songs for a third leg! In A Little While, Discotheque, Fast Cars, The First Time, Crumbs From Your Table, Walk On, Stuck In A Moment if you exclude LA rehearsals ...

I'm actually quite impressed.

So Axver, you're like back from the future and stuff. :lmao:

I remember when the big deal during the Elevation tour was when they started playing Kite... they've definitely added a lot of songs to the rotation this year.

cleazer said:
while we're killing time, does anyone want to predict the answers to this question:

What songs (already played this year) won't get played again in 2005?

leading contenders would include:

-New Years Day
-Running To Stand Still
-Mysterious Ways
-An Cat Dubh
-Into The Heart
-She's A Mystery To Me
-Discotheque
-Original Of The Species
-All I Want Is You
-Walk On
-In A Little While
-Out Of Control
-Gloria
-Party Girl

Some of these will surely get played, and some of them will probably not be heard from again this year. Which ones do you think are done?

My list would be:

-New Years Day
-Running To Stand Still
-Mysterious Ways
-An Cat Dubh
-Into The Heart
-She's A Mystery To Me
-In A Little While
-Gloria

I'm surprised you put OOTS on that list as it seems it'll be played even today! I think it's got a great chance of being done more regularly as it's being used in that iTunes promo.

I agree w/Running to Stand Still and An Cat Dubh, even though I love the song. Way too many people got up for a beer break in Jersey during it, I was kinda shocked.

chiso said:
*crickets chirp*

TUMBLING-WEEDS-animation-MA.gif

And so, I bid you farewell, good people...

may you have a great night! 'tis a shame there was no source... I must prepare for my Tomatina speech. The hilarity level of that speech is unhealthy.

Bye people, take care!

Axver said:

Yeah, I agree. Why can't First Time come after Yahweh or ISHFWILF or something like that? I think it'd work amazingly well after ISHFWILF.

i don't know if you remember but I was very afraid walk on would die once they messed it up real bad

No source?

Wouldn't it be something if tonight was the emergance of something new?

Ok guys i got through to andy.....the only change so far tonight is I will follow for Electric Co.

Swan269 said:

i don't know if you remember but I was very afraid walk on would die once they messed it up real bad

Yeah, I think that's why we haven't seen it since - I'm kind of surprised it made the NYC V set instead of something like Discotheque. I do hope it gets played at some point, though.

inmyplace13 said:
No source?

Wouldn't it be something if tonight was the emergance of something new?

first no tapers... now no source! tsk tsk... (shakes head...)
i'll try to text from Pittsburgh if I don't make the ellipse...

I've got Lila's digits... :wink:

ok, back from watching Millionaire and to see my friend's appearance :giggle:

No source. Sorry you had camera troubles u2fanatic :hug: Maybe we can make up for it in L.A. if we get together :wink:

u2wedge - Maddy & I love that Elvis song
11.gif

Damn, no source... Hopefully ramblinrose will come thru with flying colors (and boomchas) on Wednesday...

:dance:

Swan269 said:
Ok guys i got through to andy.....the only change so far tonight is I will follow for Electric Co.

Bah, I hate them taking out Electric Co. This is pretty cool, though: the 700th recorded performance of I Will Follow!

But what came after IWF? Surely not The Ocean. They used to do IWF --> ISHFWILF a lot but ... that never felt right to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom