PGP -We're ready , ready for the puck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Isn't that b/c you'll be off galavanting with a bunch of rowdy Irish rock stars?

I'll barely be around b/c it's our first show of the year - we've got NINE performances in 3 days

Good luck with the shows :hug:

Oh, right, you made the uni decision very recently, didn't you? You may have better luck on Amazon looking early for future semesters, too.

Yep it was very last minute. I'm still dealing with the whole OSAP situation of having to refund the college that tuition while at the same time, fill out all the OSAP loan forms for university. I can't wait for this mess to settle.
So sorry to hear about your aunt Zooey!

Kristen, which chinese food place do you order from?

Sounds like this place is going to be empty next week!:sad:

I order from Mr. Chinese. You?

:p Mel's really enjoying these, I'm being given instructions as to which ones to email her later *g*

:lol: She sounds awesome!

OMG!! :ohmy: Are you taking it with you to Brussels? :lmao:

Love the picstures of IT!! :shifty::combust:

Full of a cold. Just on lunch from a training thing at work. :crack: Can't wait to get hojme and snuggle up in bed. Will attempt to catch up this weekend. Hope all my girls are ok. :hug:

:kiss:

Sorry you're still not feeling well Jem. Hope this cold goes away soon :hug:

OMG!!! I order from Mr. Chinese too!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Truly a small town we live in!:wink:

Everyone ready for Munich?

I'm curling up with Zoo TV till then! :applaud:

Edit: I take that back. I'll be curled up in a workshop somewhere figuring out how to build a time machine so I can go back in time and seduce Zoo TV Edge.

Sorry you're not feeling well, Jem. :( :hug:

Kristen, I can't even imagine the pain in the ass it must be to cancel osap for one school while applying for another. :crack: Good luck!

I went and got Sarah early this morning. She laid down before 9 last night, I went to bed before 11, and left her a message to leave me a message letting me know how she felt when she got up, so I'd see it if I woke up during the night. With all the sleep she's had, I thought she'd be up in a few hours. I woke up at 3:30, checked for messages from her, there were none, so I sat and worried till she finally contacted me at 7 am - she slept all that time. :ohmy: She said she felt really weak and exhausted. She had no post-flu appropriate food there, so I told her I was picking her up some stuff and bringing it to her. She said she just wanted to come home, so, I went and got her. She's had some Gatorade and applesauce since she's been home, and looks a little better already. :up:

Is Munich today? I've lost track with all that's going on. :reject:

comet, just wanted to say, I keep watching that gif you made, and there's something extraordinarily hot about it. Can't put my finger on what it is, but damn.

eta - oh, one other thing. When Sarah got up this morning, she told me she had a couple of weird dreams. One involved having herself inserted into Lost. The other overlapped True Blood and Vampire Diaries - the season two TB villain, Maryann, was plotting to harm people/destroy shit, etc, and Sarah said she kept making her and other girls dress in old timey Victorian gowns, ala Vampire Diary flashbacks. :lol: Sarah said she kept trying to escape so she could find the person who was supposed to be saving them, but she couldn't figure out how to get away. The person who was going to defeat Maryann and save them? JT ERA BONO. :lol:

Glad that Sarah's looking a bit better, VP! :hug: Sounds like she's on the mend, hopefully.

Her dream was hilarious! :love: :lol: Gotta love the absolutely insane dreams you have when you're sick!

And yes, Munich is today. If I've got my times right, it should start in about 2 hours, I think. Give or take. :)

I've thought the same thing for years, like, even before this tour. That's why I've never felt bad commenting about it, although I do try to keep it somewhat subtle outside of this thread. He's gotta know it's happening, and he doesn't seem to be bothered about it, or go to any effort to hide it.

I've never seen it appear as consistently as it has been lately, though.

We should do a comparative study through the years, make up some sort of rating system. :hmm:

:lol:

Maybe he's just REALLY liking the leater!

I'm always thinking dude, you're a grown man, you've gotta have some control of that thing by now! :lol: I think he knows we like it. :up:

:lol:

Well he did hang a star above it's door... :wink:

Seriously it cracks me up though really! He turns 50 and has this serious setback with the surgery... so he returns like this in the leather and all... I think it's really awesome and also kind of cute. :cute:

Lol, yeah, with the way the buckle highlights the area, he may as well have framed it, or made some sort of neon sign with a big arrow pointing at it, saying "LOOK AT THIS, EVERYONE!"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You guys just made my YEAR with these posts!

I know traditionally Pirates have parrots but as normal in PGP we do things differently. After an inspirational moment i have found Dirty Danny, who unlike any parrot LOVES it wet :shifty:

In fact the wetter it is the more he likes it :sexywink:

dirtdanduck.jpg

:lmao: Are you glueing that to your shoulder for Brussels? Or gonna try to throw it onstage?

VP, that really sucks about Sarah. She must have caught something really bad : down:

Hope she's feeling better soon :hug:

Glad that Sarah's looking a bit better, VP! : hug: Sounds like she's on the mend, hopefully.

Her dream was hilarious! :love: :lol: Gotta love the absolutely insane dreams you have when you're sick!

And yes, Munich is today. If I've got my times right, it should start in about 2 hours, I think. Give or take. :)

Thanks girls. :hug: Now that I can actually look at her, I'm not feeling so worried.

She left before her roommates were up this morning. She just got a bitchy text from her one roommate/friend. He said: "Why did you go home? Are things really that much better for your recovery there?"

OMG. It's not like he was falling all over himself to help her, or get her what she needs. :rolleyes: And he's normally a really nice guy.

The Bono part cracked my shit up. I mean, where did that come from? She's a fan, but she's not obsessive like me. :lol:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You guys just made my YEAR with these posts!

:wink:

Munich starts in about 1,5 hours. And I have to go to karate in 45 min. :grumpy: Will miss it completely!

Aw, sorry you're missing it!

Thanks girls. :hug: Now that I can actually look at her, I'm not feeling so worried.

She left before her roommates were up this morning. She just got a bitchy text from her one roommate/friend. He said: "Why did you go home? Are things really that much better for your recovery there?"

OMG. It's not like he was falling all over himself to help her, or get her what she needs. :rolleyes: And he's normally a really nice guy.

The Bono part cracked my shit up. I mean, where did that come from? She's a fan, but she's not obsessive like me. :lol:

Geeze, what a ray of sunshine that guy is. :rolleyes: Doesn't he know that sometimes it makes you instantly better if you have your mom to take care of you when you're sick?!

I got a nasty stomach bug over New Years 2 years back, and it was SO awesome to have my mom take care of me. I don't get sick very often, so I normally have to deal with it on my own. To have my mom go get me water or sprite or blankets or whatever I needed was awesome. :love: I'm convinced I got better so much faster because I could just lie there and not have to do anything.

Dibs on, well, you know :sexywink:

Larry is freakishly hot back then. I'll pop him in the time machine, too! (That is not a euphanism. Probably.)

:uhoh: Wtfap? Do you mean camcorders or photocameras with a video function? Is it venue security or U2's security kicking them out? :

Not sure- I'm guessing the stadium security, not U2's. I can't imagine how they would tell the difference between a regular camera taking pics and one taking videos, though!

I swear, security dudes, if this is the night Edge does a shirtless encore and you do not allow video, I will fly to Germany tomorrow and kick every single one of you!

Geeze, what a ray of sunshine that guy is. :rolleyes: Doesn't he know that sometimes it makes you instantly better if you have your mom to take care of you when you're sick?!

I got a nasty stomach bug over New Years 2 years back, and it was SO awesome to have my mom take care of me. I don't get sick very often, so I normally have to deal with it on my own. To have my mom go get me water or sprite or blankets or whatever I needed was awesome. :love: I'm convinced I got better so much faster because I could just lie there and not have to do anything.

Thora's mom. :love:

Well yeah, that's it exactly! The poor kid was telling me this morning that the couple of times she tried toast yesterday, it took so much out of her to walk from her bedroom to the kitchen that she was too weak and tired to wait for it to actually toast, so she was only leaving it in the toaster long enough to end up being hot bread. And all she had to drink was water. he did pick her up one bottle of ginger ale on Sunday, but she ran out of that yesterday. Since then, he hasn't asked if he could get her anything or do anything for her, and she was too weak to do it herself.

In all fairness, she didn't ask him either, but she's the type who hates to impose on people. I don't know. If it were me, and someone I lived with was that sick (or even a friend I didn't live with! I'd still offer to pick up things or help out in any way I could), I wouldn't wait to be asked. And he really isn't close to his own family (both his parents are doctors, ironically) so maybe he just doesn't get it. :|

I fixed it for you :wink:

and euphamism, like "I'd like to pop him in my time machine!" :wink: :lol: Ooh, almost time for a new thread :hmm:

:lol::lol: Thanks for fixing that! :D ZooLarry has superpowers, though! Normal Larry makes me say "Hmmm.. :hmm: Yeah! That's pretty good." ZooTV Larry made me say "Heellllll yeah, I'd hit that. Twice."

Poor thread, I wonder if it will live to see the start of the show?

I only have 3o minutes of lunch left - let's get to postwhoring.

I'll miss the setlist entirely - teaching classes, parent conference for my son, workout (TallBuffEdge was there yesterday :drool:), then parent conferences with my students :crack: I kinda hate my life right now. I could really use about 25 minutes to just sit in a sensory deprivation tank. :lol:

Thora's mom. :love:

Well yeah, that's it exactly! The poor kid was telling me this morning that the couple of times she tried toast yesterday, it took so much out of her to walk from her bedroom to the kitchen that she was too weak and tired to wait for it to actually toast, so she was only leaving it in the toaster long enough to end up being hot bread. And all she had to drink was water. he did pick her up one bottle of ginger ale on Sunday, but she ran out of that yesterday. Since then, he hasn't asked if he could get her anything or do anything for her, and she was too weak to do it herself.

In all fairness, she didn't ask him either, but she's the type who hates to impose on people. I don't know. If it were me, and someone I lived with was that sick (or even a friend I didn't live with! I'd still offer to pick up things or help out in any way I could), I wouldn't wait to be asked. And he really isn't close to his own family (both his parents are doctors, ironically) so maybe he just doesn't get it. :|

It was the best few days of being sick ever! :lol: I may have milked it just a little bit longer, because I knew she didn't mind helping me, and it was such a treat to be waited on. :lol:

Yeah, I don't ask for help much either, but I would definitely offer it to a sick roomie or family member. :yes:

It's only 11am, and I've eaten part of my lunch already. What is wrong with me? Why am I so damned hungry today?! :lol: Maybe I might just get my lunch ready early, so that I won't have to leave my desk during the show, in case there's good audio.

It's only 11am, and I've eaten part of my lunch already. What is wrong with me? Why am I so damned hungry today?! :lol: Maybe I might just get my lunch ready early, so that I won't have to leave my desk during the show, in case there's good audio.

I've already eaten my lunch today but we have lunch hour really early on Wednesdays. But I forgot that I won't be home 'til 8pm and didn't bring neeeeeeeearly enough food for the rest of the day. All i have left is a little container of applesauce and some pineapple chunks :sad:

I only have 3o minutes of lunch left - let's get to postwhoring.

I'll miss the setlist entirely - teaching classes, parent conference for my son, workout (TallBuffEdge was there yesterday :drool:), then parent conferences with my students :crack: I kinda hate my life right now. I could really use about 25 minutes to just sit in a sensory deprivation tank. :lol:

:hug: I was in such a GRRRRRR mood this morning, but then ZooTV came in the mail and all was ok. I suggest you take 2 of those and call me in the morning. You may need extensive drummer physical therapy. It involves pounding.

I still say we need TallBuffEdge pics!

If Hot Tub Time Machine was about going back to ZooTV to kidnap U2, I would watch it. Sadly, it isn't.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom