PGP- We are accidents waiting to happen.. whose gonna ride our wild horses?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, I have a question for you guys:

I found out the other day that my 14 year old cousin was raped about 9 months ago - she knows the guys name and everything, and went to her mom and told her what happened.

Her mom couldn't be bothered to report it to the police.

Now my cousin is in a youth detention center and she told the counselors about it - the police went to her mother and confirmed the story -

now what do you think should be done here?

Should the mother be held criminally negligent?

Sad_Girl said:

Oh yeah! One of the scariest things King has written :up: (Stephen King is one of my heroes, for those who didn't know that :drool: :up: )

Hi Drea :hug: You may be pleased to hear I'm sorting my Adam pics tonight

Adam pics :drool:

The Shining rocks beyond belief :rockon: (Neither movie version completely satisfied me though, even with King helping out with the 90s version.) Misery's great (I saw the movie, then read the book - glad his feet were left intact in the movie!), and I've seen the movie version of Pet Semetary and I don't *ever* want to read the book! :lol: One of these days I want to read Carrie, and IT, and the unabridged The Stand (saw bits of the miniseries for that).

Jem - let's just leave it at the fact that Gacy was the perfect neighbour, well thought of and everything else.. and turned out to be a mass murderer - "psychopath" is a pretty fitting word *shudder*

Sad_Girl said:

About the same as you, from the sound of it :lol:

I seriously dislike being a woman on days like this :yuck:

Yeah, it's starting for me, too. :|

But in this case, I'm rather happy about that. :shifty:

So far today I've had to drive all over the city to find a working ATM at my bank, then finally when I did, I read where it said that atm deposits can be subject to a 48 hour waiting period. I need that money in there tomorrow morning. :|

And oh, did I mention the other day that my oven broke? :| Not *that* huge of a deal, because we barbecue about 90% of the time anyway. But tonight, I had burgers all ready to put on, and my propane was empty. :| I went to get it filled, the kid told me that he thought their machine was empty. :| but it turned out he was able to give me enough to get me through dinner, and he didn't charge me for it. :love:

I'm done bitching now. :reject:

Last edited:
Sad_Girl said:

I found out the other day that my 14 year old cousin was raped about 9 months ago - she knows the guys name and everything, and went to her mom and told her what happened.

Now my cousin is in a youth detention center and she told the counselors about it - the police went to her mother and confirmed the story -

She couldn't be bothered to report it to the police?!?! :mad: :mad: :madwife: What the hell was she thinking!! Criminally negligent, hell yes! :censored: :rant:

Wow SG - that's awful! :sad:

I think the mom should have definitely told the police. I can't understand why as a mother, she wouldn't want the guy to be punished for the horrible thing he did.

It's so lame why he said that though. I'm just ordering him some pens that I use at work that he really likes, and he can't find them anywhere. We talked about this over a year ago, and he remembered that conversation. He asked if I could order him a couple, and I said of course, so he told me he loved me. :heart: :lmao:

Needless to say - my Uncle's ex-wife (my cousins mother) is a constant source of frustration in our family. I won't even get into half of the stories - I'm just glad that my cousins have my uncle to give them some sort of guidance and support.

The Police bugged her until she filed a report but she didn't get into any sort of trouble :slant:

and this kid is just a sweet girl; despite the problems she's had in the past few years (drinking, arrests - I think we can all see the source of her acting out) it really breaks my heart

Sad_Girl said:

Wow. :| While I think it would be really easy to come down on the mother here, I think sexual assault is such a sensitive area that I'd wonder about her reasons for not reporting it. Without knowing, I'm not sure that criminal charges are the answer. I bet that unfortunately, there are many, many mothers who would do the same thing - try to sweep it under the carpet. So sad. :(

I can't believe a mother wouldn't want to do something about that - if it was my kid, definitely calling the police and getting that part taken care of, then they'd have to restrain me from wanting to go and castrate the guy :madwife: If a guy does that to one girl and gets away with it, the more likely he'll do it again...

VintagePunk said:

Wow. :| While I think it would be really easy to come down on the mother here, I think sexual assault is such a sensitive area that I'd wonder about her reasons for not reporting it. Without knowing, I'm not sure that criminal charges are the answer. I bet that unfortunately, there are many, many mothers who would do the same thing - try to sweep it under the carpet. So sad. :(

Not this woman. She likes drama and trouble - after 9/11 she started dating muslim men (yes, more than one) and meeting them across the border in Canada because it was exciting and tabu

she just doesn't have time to do anything but yell at the kids. She hasn't prepared a meal in years; there's a restaraunt a few blocks from their house and she just sends the kids there twice a day

Thanks everyone...I shouldn't even be complaining. Just seems that since I found out about Kelly, there have been a million other minor irritations that have come about, too. :hug:

sami0201 said:
VP :hug:

OMG Thora, remember the Grey's Anatomy when the guy raped that girl and she bit his penis off?? And they found it inside of her? :yikes:

thats one way to make sure they don't put it back on ! :lol:

Anyone here remember John Wayne Bobbit? :lmao:

Sad_Girl said:

Not this woman. She likes drama and trouble - after 9/11 she started dating muslim men (yes, more than one) and meeting them across the border in Canada because it was exciting and tabu

she just doesn't have time to do anything but yell at the kids. She hasn't prepared a meal in years; there's a restaraunt a few blocks from their house and she just sends the kids there twice a day

She sounds like she's definitely lacking in parenting skills. I'm just saying, that with things like sexual abuse, sometimes people have very strange, inappropriate reactions. Maybe she was a victim herself, at one time. That's just pure speculation though, and I'm certainly not trying to defend her - just pointing out possibilities.

Sad_Girl said:

thats one way to make sure they don't put it back on ! :lol:

Anyone here remember John Wayne Bobbit? :lmao:

:lol: Then the guy stumbled into the hospital all bloody, and McDreamy refused to sew it back on. :love: :laugh: And the girl survived. :heart: (he beat the crap out of her)

OMG yes! :lmao: Well I don't remember, but I've heard of it. :wink:

VintagePunk said:

She sounds like she's definitely lacking in parenting skills. I'm just saying, that with things like sexual abuse, sometimes people have very strange, inappropriate reactions. Maybe she was a victim herself, at one time. That's just pure speculation though, and I'm certainly not trying to defend her - just pointing out possibilities.

she used to physically abuse my uncle, too - before the divorce. I'm fairly certain the reason she didn't report it wasn't the usual. I mean, normally, that would be what i would think, too, but it's just not the case this time

my cousin was on house arrest (now she's in lockdown) and my uncle went to the mothers house to get her and she wasn't there. The mother said she told her to go ahead and go to her friends house to spend the night. So my uncle went to the friends house - and they weren't there - so he called his ex back and she told him another place to check (the local pot farmers) and he found her sleeping on the couch there.

Do the words house arrest mean nothing? :angry:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom