PGP: Warming up by the fire with hot Irishmen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You need San Diego weather zooey. We do get the 4 seasons here but just without the snow. :wink: And if you really want the snow you can take a 1 hour drive to the mountains. I love the desert, but I also couldn't handle the heat for so much of the year either.

I grew up in San Francisco, made famous by the quote "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in SAn Francisco" :lol:

:doh: It was Mark Twain - I didn't say who it was earlier b/c I couldn't remember his pen name. I could only remember Samuel Clements :doh:

I'd LOVE to live in San Diego - could never afford the size house we've become accustomed to here though.

This is true I'm sure. We live in a TINY house because yeah the prices. But I adore my neighborhood. It's a small community of SD that I was born and grew up in and it's perfect. I'm 10 minutes from the ocean (not that I go there but it's definitely a plus weather wise) but nowhere near the beach crowds. It's at the top of a pretty high mesa area and in fact when I drive down the hill every day and head toward the ocean for work, my ears actually pop on the way down. I don't mind a small house though, less housework. :wink:

I lost my whole post! LOL :grumpy:
reposting>>>>

You need San Diego weather zooey. We do get the 4 seasons here but just without the snow. :wink: And if you really want the snow you can take a 1 hour drive to the mountains. I love the desert, but I also couldn't handle the heat for so much of the year either.

:eyebrow:
Tell me about these "4" seasons, comet, please.
what... like
?Winter= 55°F - 60°F
?Spring= 60°F - 65°F
?Summer= 65°F - 70°F - 75°F - 78°F - 75°F - 70°F - 65°F
??Fall= 65°F - 60°F
:eyebrow: :D
do you have any trees that turn color down there? :wink:

I grew up in San Francisco.........
:heart: San Francisco Such a pretty city!
( visited '79 ).

Too scared of Earthquakes to live in California :uhoh::yikes:

and truely I love, love NYC.

but it'd be nice to have the $$$$ to stay in beautiful Boutique Hotels for 3 - 10 days at a time in Seattle, (if I have my Passport) Vancouver, SF & San Diego (staying only a few days before the E-Quake anxiety overwhelms me:giggle:), Flagstaff (I don't know if they have Boutique hotels, well, some nice one) & Grand Canyon, Denver, Autstin, Chicago, Toronto, Atlanta, Miami & The Keys, The Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Charlotte, DC, Philedelphia, Boston, and Montreal. And I think I'd go to a Boutque Hotel in NYC < live like an Upper- Middle Class, or Lower-Rich Class person :lol:>

I'll get Europe etc later! :D

I grew up in San Francisco, made famous by the quote "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in SAn Francisco" :lol:

:doh: It was Mark Twain - I didn't say who it was earlier b/c I couldn't remember his pen name. I could only remember Samuel Clements :doh:

:lol: Nice. The new autobiography of his is flying off the shelves at where I work, I've seen, like, 4 or 5 copies within the last month or so reserved for people via special order thus far.

Yeah. I need my four seasons. I've been to California, and it is indeed a truly beautiful state, it really is. Can't argue with that. And I know you can go to the mountains for snow. But that just seems like too much work. I'd have to actually live in the mountains if I lived in California. Which, actually, I probably wouldn't mind. My mom's been to San Fransisco once, though, and she absolutely loved it there.

And like dazz said, there is that pesky earthquake thing, too... But then again, we get tornadoes, so I guess it all evens out.

I know I'm weird, but I love fall and winter. I like my cool/cold seasons, damnit :p.

Angela

The first day in the new office went well. I LOVE my new area!! :love: I have an absolutely perfect view out a window from my desk, and several times throughout the day the sun was shining directly on me! :love: It's total chaos in the office, and I doubt any substantial work will be done for several days, but yay! It's crazily noisy, as everything's open concept, so you can hear people talking from miles away. That's really annoying, but hopefully as pictures and other things start going up on the walls, things will start to quieten down. Otherwise I'm going to have my earphones in ALL the time so I can get a bit of peace and quiet. :crack:

We got internet at about noon, but since people can sort of see my monitor now (before nobody could see anything), I'll probably be spending less time on the blue crack, as the blue is SO damn noticeable. :lol:

Overall everything's going good. I'm exhausted and ready for bed now, though. :lol: :yawn:

Glad to hear it, Thora :up:. Yay for a lovely view, and the warmth of the sun on you sounds nice.

Sorry about the added noise and the lack of constant opportunity to pop on here during the day, but ah, well. Earphones definitely sound like a good idea.

Love to chat, but hey, if you're tired, go to bed :). Happy to know you like your new place.

Angela

Yeah, the sun shining on me was pretty much the highlight of my day today. :love: Well, that and the free food. :lol:

Oh, I'm not going to bed any time soon. It's only 5:30, and I just started cooking dinner, plus there's TV to watch tonight. :giggle: Hopefully I'll be in bed by 10pm, though. :up: I'm just super tired. I know I'll sleep well when I eventually get there! :D

No worries! :D It's sometimes confusing as to who's in which zone. :)

Right now I'm watching hockey, and once that's over I'll be watching Life Unexpected. It's the season (and most likely series) finale tonight. It never did well, but I really liked it. It's about this 16 year old girl who finds her birth parents so she can be emancipated, and how they end up becoming a family again. Kinda cool stuff. I'm really interested in adoptions/foster care, etc. so this was interesting to me right from the start. It's too bad that nice shows like this end up getting canned, but utter trash like The Bachelor or whatever stays on the air for years. :tsk: :lol:

:wave:
hi!

Yay for your new office place/space!

Ha, Interland should offer a sub-menu of sedveral colors besides "bluecraic" for when Interlanders are in their office environs... so it doesn't look the same. Passerby's and more frequent colleauges casually looking won't see the same color all the time! :lol::lol: :D

No worries! :D It's sometimes confusing as to who's in which zone. :)

Right now I'm watching hockey, and once that's over I'll be watching Life Unexpected. It's the season (and most likely series) finale tonight. It never did well, but I really liked it. It's about this 16 year old girl who finds her birth parents so she can be emancipated, and how they end up becoming a family again. Kinda cool stuff. I'm really interested in adoptions/foster care, etc. so this was interesting to me right from the start. It's too bad that nice shows like this end up getting canned, but utter trash like The Bachelor or whatever stays on the air for years. :tsk: :lol:

Ugh, fully agreed with you on that. I've made that same rant, too. Generally though, my problem as of late is that I've been lucky enough to have the shows I like staying on the air, but most of them never get talked about as much as that reality stuff does, not as much promotion as they deserve to get. And there's been shows I've liked that have come and went, too. So frustrating.

I'd heard about the show, and heard that it's likely ending tonight, never seen it, though. May have to check it out on DVD someday or online somewhere or something. Shame it didn't get more viewers, 'cause it does sound rather interesting, I agree with you that adoption/foster care is a fascinating topic. I was saying the other night to my sister that honestly, if I ever were to have kids, I think I'd want to go the adoption route. I'd love to give a home to a child that needed one.

How's the hockey going (or how did it go, if it's over by now)?

Angela

Hi CeeCee!

:wave:
hi!

Yay for your new office place/space!

Ha, Interland should offer a sub-menu of sedveral colors besides "bluecraic" for when Interlanders are in their office environs... so it doesn't look the same. Passerby's and more frequent colleauges casually looking won't see the same color all the time! :lol::lol: :D

:lol: It would definitely help me be more stealth when taking breaks to visit here during work hours. :giggle:

Ugh, fully agreed with you on that. I've made that same rant, too. Generally though, my problem as of late is that I've been lucky enough to have the shows I like staying on the air, but most of them never get talked about as much as that reality stuff does, not as much promotion as they deserve to get. And there's been shows I've liked that have come and went, too. So frustrating.

I'd heard about the show, and heard that it's likely ending tonight, never seen it, though. May have to check it out on DVD someday or online somewhere or something. Shame it didn't get more viewers, 'cause it does sound rather interesting, I agree with you that adoption/foster care is a fascinating topic. I was saying the other night to my sister that honestly, if I ever were to have kids, I think I'd want to go the adoption route. I'd love to give a home to a child that needed one.

How's the hockey going (or how did it go, if it's over by now)?

Angela

I've always been a huge advocate for adopting and foster care. I fully intend on doing that at some point. I'm hoping for sooner rather than later, but unfortunately it takes up a lot of time and money, neither of which I have in abundance at the moment. But it's definitely in the plans. :yes:

Hockey's going good. It's a tie game at the moment, and about 15 minutes of play left, so anything could happen. :) Since the other show I want to watch is starting in a minute or two, I'll be watching that and flipping back to hockey during commercial breaks. :)

oop sorry weldy i had to go and take of something & then i went to someother threads...

glad you're feeling good.
I'm doing pretty ok.
I've managed to construct a quietly hopeful outlook for my dad ...and hopefully that will prove to be true!

Unless I hear otherwise I hope that's what I'll keep thinking, and not be plagued by real worry thought.
We'll see.

:wave: hi weldy :hug:s & thanks!

My sis talked to the Doctor, they're still growing cultures to further try and find out mre about the infection..... and they're working on his dehydration (way too high sodium count).

Ahh...I see. I hope everything turns out alright in the end :hug:

Again, like I said before, I'm doing alright at the moment.

oop sorry weldy i had to go and take of something & then i went to someother threads...

glad you're feeling good.
I'm doing pretty ok.
I've managed to construct a quietly hopeful outlook for my dad ...and hopefully that will prove to be true!

Unless I hear otherwise I hope that's what I'll keep thinking, and not be plagued by real worry thought.
We'll see.

That's cool...I was off goofing around on Facebook and another website.

I was the same thing with my mom for a bit (while she was heavily sick)...but in the end I realized that she was going to die....but then again, I just didn't want to admit that she was going to die at a young age (if at all)

But I hope it goes better with your father :hug:

Good idea keeping an optimistic viewpoint on everything. Keeps you from having dramatic mood swings ranging from :sad: to :coocoo: :crack: to :angry::sad:

I don't always have optimistic outlook at all !! :(

I have learned to do better at times, but I still have alot of work to do to increase an optimistic outlook for myself . I often can be more optimistic for others!

I have had :yikes::sad::crack: too much and have to self-talk my wat out of it, sometimes better than other times.

My saving grace is a tremendous capacity for joy & wonder, and often silliness and laugter. Luckily held on to these child-like (vs childish) qualities.
(not that I've totally been able to get rid the childishness, but way, way less)

So at least i've some more balance.

Back
Top Bottom