PGP: U2, get yer well seasoned asses to the studio, enough with the holidays!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to do mine today since I was planning on making tomorrow my off day for the gym. So now I can rest my aching flu shot arm along with my entire aching body. If last night's boot camp wasn't torture enough I decided to go running after work. It was so tough!

I got a flu shot the other day. No pain but bruised my arm.

So... Who's excited for Halloween?

The last time I got a flu shot, I got the flu.

It pissed me off too, because it was over Christmas, and I was so sick that I just looked at my presents, then asked my parents if I could open them later. Then I went and threw up. :crack:

That must have been no fun, Tara, :(

I remember last November I had a cold for the whole month. And I keep saying that I don't want to get sick from the shot and people keep telling me I can't... Then others say they got sick from it last year. I believe them :lol:

I have no memory of ever getting a flu shot. The last time I had the flu was way back when I was a little kid, thankfully, so knock on wood it stays that way.

I'm fairly certain there's a few things that make them think that. :lol:

:lol: Oh, absolutely. Just chalk it up to, "Hey, it was the '80s"?

Oh yea. Drifting from thoughts of Bono in leather is perfectly natural. :shifty: :wink:

But of course :D.

GG, calculus? Oh, you poor thing :hug:. You'll do fine, though, I'm sure of it. Don't hesitate to take a break every once in a while to clear your mind, too-studying's important and all, of course, but your brain also needs a rest.

My trainer told me about a 5k in early December so now that's my goal. She's doing the 10k so I won't be running with her but at least she'll be there. But awesome news is my friend that I run with is definitely available that day and wants to run. So now instead of March as my 5k goal it's in 6-7 weeks :eek: :eek: :eek:

WOOT! I love having a goal to train for!

:lol: Oh, absolutely. Just chalk it up to, "Hey, it was the '80s"?
Everybody gets away with that excuse. :lol:

The doctors never believe me either! Last time I went with my mom, she was asked if she planned on getting one, and she said no (because she got the flu shot at the same time, and hence, was flu-ridden like me).

The doctors didn't buy it, but didn't force the shot on her either, which is good. They did, however, make her get a pneumonia shot. :huh: I didn't even know they had those.

Well fuck my life. :banghead:

Of course at the exam, the excercises were changed ever so slightly, that I did't know what to do. Well of course, it would be too nice to your students to have an exam resemble the practice exams and older ones. :rolleyes:

But holy crap my team just won from Manchester frickin' CITY! 3-1. :shocked: I totally expected them to have been eliminated now. Man this is awesome. :love:

I emailed the teacher, since I'm a special case. The rest will get their results in an automated program, and I can't be registered in that as I was last year. So the teacher has to manually put mine in and calculate it. He knows it's my last subject for my degree, so hopefully I'll either have enough points and he'll email me that, or I can do something extra to make the additional points.

dazzledbylight said:
ali, sounds like great vacation :hyper:

Ta, I'm really looking forward to having a holiday and just relaxing... can't remember the last time I did that!

Re: the band, I've been pretending to play bass for over 10 years now, although most of that time was me procrastinating about practising. I joined this band in Feb this year, and I've played and learned more this year than in the preceding 10. :)

Incidentally, way to go arw! I'm constantly in awe of people who can perform feats of fitness like that.

GG, that sucks they changed the exam, the bastards. How many times can you redo it? Hope you can work something out so you don't have to!

I'm trying to get the ambition to run again. I did run on the beach in Mexico. Since then - zip.

Hello everyone! :wave:

:hug: GG. Ugh. That sucks. Hope you can get that all figured out somehow and everything works out.

:wave: Tis good to see you folks again... How have you been?

Good to see you, too! I've been good. Just really busy with work-been taking on hours for people who've left or are currently taking an undetermined leave because of their own issues, and since most of the other people working there now are fairly new (only come in within the last couple months or so) and I've been one of the few working there the longest (just over 2 years now), I've been working a lot of long hours as a result. And I have more of those coming up in the next couple weeks (6 days in a row around mid-November where I'll be working 7, 8, 9 hour days. Everybody say YAAAAAAAAAAY :happy: :|!). On the upside, big paychecks. On the downside, this is retail, and the holiday season will be starting soon, so I'll be exhausted. Eh, well.

But I'm trying not to think about that stuff right now-I have the next five days off, so I'm going to kick back and enjoy the free time while I've got it.

Sounds like you've been keeping pretty busy, too, but looks like you've been doing a lot of fun stuff (the band thing sounds cool), so yay for that :).

Yay for five days off! :up:

My work's been crazy too, lots of staff changes and system testing which makes all the usual work pile up, blah. But it's getting a bit better... and I don't envy you working in retail at this end of the year! :hug:

Enjoy your time off work. :)

Ah well, at least today I'll get wasted as fuck. :wink: Two friends coming over for a day and night of gaming and brownies and other shenanigans.

So don't expect coherent messages from me later tonight. :shifty:

Ah well, at least today I'll get wasted as fuck. :wink: Two friends coming over for a day and night of gaming and brownies and other shenanigans.

Gaming and brownies and booze sounds good. :up:

Drunkpostings don't count as coherent messages! :D

Will my Whatsapp be blowing up with 'argkguhnatloplmk Bono'?

We are expecting a tropical storm here. A tropical storm at the end of October. Granted, it might be sub-tropical when it gets to us. Still, how odd is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom