PGP- Morals: We haz them??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll get a hotel near the airport so I can just be right there when it's time to roll out of bed.

I can still ask my friend about crashing on our floor the night after the show. We do have to drive 2 hours back, but we can caravan to Boston the next morning since I'll be getting dropped off one town south of Boston.

What time does your flight get into Boston?

Lol, although I can see why you backed away, maybe you didn't need to...? Maybe your coworker would have been happy about it? But yeah, potential for awkwardness.

Maybe I didn't, but once I realized his age, then I definitely wanted to. He seemed like a really nice guy, but I couldn't date someone who's 10 years younger than me. It might be fun for a little while, but that's too much of an age difference in the wrong direction. :)

When I was 37, I dated a guy who was 24. :reject: I was in university, and he was in my program, so we had a lot of classes together. He asked me how old I was. i told him and he didn't believe me. Said he'd buy that I was 27, but not 37. I had to show him my ID. :lol: He was a sweet kid, but immature. I knew it wouldn't last, but it was fun. :)

We kept in touch for a long time after school ended, but it's been a couple of years now.

I can still ask my friend about crashing on our floor the night after the show. We do have to drive 2 hours back, but we can caravan to Boston the next morning since I'll be getting dropped off one town south of Boston.

What time does your flight get into Boston?

I'm definitely buying the camping pass from my friend, because I don't know that I'll be able to face a 2-hour drive after the show, after a red-eye flight and all that driving. Plus a concert! But if she's cool with it, it would be nice to have a back-up plan, just in case.

I get into Boston at about 7:30 on Friday morning. :yawn:

Lol, although I can see why you backed away, maybe you didn't need to...? Maybe your coworker would have been happy about it? But yeah, potential for awkwardness.

Grace, good for you for doing it that way and having it work out!! I just find myself getting really cynical reading those sites. Very ordinary (or lower) guys are demanding supermodel types. Then with myself, I find the same thing, I browse and feel really dismissive toward guys that don't meet my "criteria." It just feels shallow and unnatural to me. Not that it is...it's my own issue. :)

Oh the stories I could tell. First, 5 foot 6 means something different to men. It really means 5 foot 3. One guy, I was taller than him in my sneakers. I'm 5' 3. One guy - also shorter than what he said - large head and dainty hands. They FREAKED me out. Also, thought he was pretty awesome. Notsomuch. Another guy sent me his college photo....when he had hair. Another guy didn't hide the look of disappointment when he saw me. You saw the photo. I look the same asswipe. You aren;t muchto look at either.

With my husband, he really was my last ditch effort. He looked like a nice guy and after the last guy I 'dated' I was ready to go against type. It was one of the few online dates that felt like we met at a party. No weird interviewing. We watched TV on the phone for hours. It clicked. So, it can happen. But I had to go through the above to get there. Him? I was his first online date. He so lucked out. He missed a boatload of crazy.

I'm definitely buying the camping pass from my friend, because I don't know that I'll be able to face a 2-hour drive after the show, after a red-eye flight and all that driving. Plus a concert! But if she's cool with it, it would be nice to have a back-up plan, just in case.

I get into Boston at about 7:30 on Friday morning. :yawn:

Oh, be careful driving. We'll have to swap numbers - if that's not too forward :cute:- to link up later on Saturday. I think my plan is to bypass the hotel and go to the venue to scope out the scene. That could change after 6 hours in a car. KNowing that I'd have to turn around and go back to the hotel 2 hours away. But we are getting up asscrack of dawn to get there. I just need to figure out if the lot will be open and such.

Oh, for sure we'll exchange numbers. :) Yeah, as for driving on Friday, I'll likely take it easy. It'll depend on if I was able to sleep on the plane or not. If not, I'll have to just find somewhere to go right away once I get out of the city to take a nap, like at a rest stop or something. Or maybe it means I just have to stop driving earlier and check into a motel, and then get an earlier start on Saturday.

Can someone please find me the link to the Moncton thread? I ignored it ages ago, since I wasn't going, and I can't search for it. Thanks!

Oh the stories I could tell. First, 5 foot 6 means something different to men. It really means 5 foot 3. One guy, I was taller than him in my sneakers. I'm 5' 3. One guy - also shorter than what he said - large head and dainty hands. They FREAKED me out. Also, thought he was pretty awesome. Notsomuch. Another guy sent me his college photo....when he had hair. Another guy didn't hide the look of disappointment when he saw me. You saw the photo. I look the same asswipe. You aren;t muchto look at either.

With my husband, he really was my last ditch effort. He looked like a nice guy and after the last guy I 'dated' I was ready to go against type. It was one of the few online dates that felt like we met at a party. No weird interviewing. We watched TV on the phone for hours. It clicked. So, it can happen. But I had to go through the above to get there. Him? I was his first online date. He so lucked out. He missed a boatload of crazy.

Ha!! I lurk at this other site (Cori, SF) where there is an entire thread about their dating, much of it online, experiences. I read it and shudder. I just don't know if I have it in me to go through that right now. Maybe (years from now?) when I'm stronger? But seriously, props to you for being able to do it, and finding success! I know that a TON of people do. :up: I actually had good luck on a message board I used to hang out on that was male-centric. Its purpose was not dating, but got to know a few people, and there was an attraction. I think I'm much more comfortable in that kind of setting? Like Interference. Except the guys I've gotten to know here are more the brotherly type, and that's just...wrong. :lol:

I've had some success with online dating before, I think both were through Yahoo personals. Would definitely try it again.

I'm too chicken to try online dating, but most of my friends have found their partners that way. I think it's awesome. :up: I just much prefer being single. It's so much easier and stress-free to be on my own. :)

I've had some success with online dating before, I think both were through Yahoo personals. Would definitely try it again.

Yeah, it was Yahoo. But this was 2004. I started on there in 2002 after things with my Irish bartender were go nowhere.

VP, I was single for 3 years before I had the balls or interest to go online. I'm not a super pretty girl with a vapid laugh - so bars never worked for me. But definitely do what makes you comfortable. You can use co-worker to brush up on flirting.

The main problem I've had is many guys are looking for a hookup, which obviously isn't what I'm looking for. I've learned that "I'm not looking for something serious now, but I'm open to it." means "Looking for a fuck buddy." :lol:

Here's my current outlook on romance:

43004170_cymQP1Yd_c.jpg

Yeah, it was Yahoo. But this was 2004. I started on there in 2002 after things with my Irish bartender were go nowhere.

VP, I was single for 3 years before I had the balls or interest to go online. I'm not a super pretty girl with a vapid laugh - so bars never worked for me. But definitely do what makes you comfortable. You can use co-worker to brush up on flirting.

3 years?? Gasp. :wink: It's been much longer than that for me. Unless you count the quasi-relationship, which, I have no idea if I should. That one kinda defies definition.

I'm too chicken to try online dating, but most of my friends have found their partners that way. I think it's awesome. :up: I just much prefer being single. It's so much easier and stress-free to be on my own. :)

With me it's more the easy and stress free factors that being chicken. :lol:

The main problem I've had is many guys are looking for a hookup, which obviously isn't what I'm looking for. I've learned that "I'm not looking for something serious now, but I'm open to it." means "Looking for a fuck buddy." :lol:

:lol:

Yikes, I hear thunder.

I did one last September. It was a sprint tri. I had fun, but it was a lot. I suck at the swim and so-so on the bike. Running is my sport. I definitely want to do another, an olympic. A friend of mine is doing a half iron. Dear gods!

I need to get much better with the swim. It's really my weakest sport.

I'm getting better at the swim. Running used to be what I was best at out of the three, although I've never been good at any of them. Now, I don't know. It might be my worst. I would have hit a new PR tonight if I hadn't lost track of my laps and shorted myself 50 yards. I came in 55 seconds faster than ever before and there's no way that an extra 50yds would have taken me 50 seconds. But it doesn't count as a PR unless you actually do the whole thing. :banghead: I only got screwed up b/c I wound up passing 3 people and that took my mind off the numbers.

"The Fly" is playing in Baltimore!!:hyper:

I think there's a VERY good chance for The Fly at one of the Montreal shows - I'm guessing night 2.

He should be so lucky. :angry: Seriously, I hung a curve ball over the plate, and he just...watched it go by. Or sneered at it, but I can't think of an appropriate baseball analogy for that. :lol:

I don't know. I'm in major PMS mode right now, but realistically, I don't think I'm misreading this. At best, maybe he was trying to be funny and amusing? But it wasn't.

Sad when a crush goes away. The twitterpated feeling is nice, even if you know it's not really going anywhere. :hug:

Do you drive to work? I take the train, so I see the same people almost every day. I think I have a girl crush on this punk rock chick. I want to be her friend - even if she is probably listening to death metal. The funny thing - I think she works in biotech.

:cute:
Speaking of men we shouldn't be interested in...

The married dude I've told some of you about's band has Twitter now, and it's like a daily stab in the heart to hear updates. Plus there are so many moments lately when Edge reminds me of him. (Leaving this up for all of like 2 minutes, due to obvious reasons...)

I remember you showed me a vid of that guy - totally cute. Heartbreak material.

Holy shit, I'm going to Moncton.

:hyper:
It's not Montreal but I'm happy for you!

When I was 37, I dated a guy who was 24. :reject: I was in university, and he was in my program, so we had a lot of classes together. He asked me how old I was. i told him and he didn't believe me. Said he'd buy that I was 27, but not 37. I had to show him my ID. :lol: He was a sweet kid, but immature. I knew it wouldn't last, but it was fun. :)

We kept in touch for a long time after school ended, but it's been a couple of years now.

When I was 19 and in University, I dated a guy who was 24. On his 24th b'day we visited his family. His little sisters, in junior high, came out of the house chanting "SIX more years 'til he's THIRTY!" and I FREAKED out!! :lol:

Oh the adventures I've had in online dating. :crack: :lol:

:shudder:
You could write a book!

Did you watch the video? he says the drugs are very good. :wink:

The stuff on his hand I think is where they connect the IV.

Gg!!! I need you to repost and remind me on that video you wanted the gifs from. I downloaded it, but now I don't remember which one it is and where the gif parts are. :reject:

Back
Top Bottom