PGP:Going back in time to scratch at Pop Bono's door!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oh yeah - that's an awesome vid. :yes: I like the side by side comparisons.

I watched the pilot episode a night or two before the premiere aired, so I noticed all the differences right away, as that first episode was still fresh in my mind. I wouldn't have gotten it so quickly if I hadn't seen it again, but that video is a great refresher.

Re: the War era dvd - HELL YES :D

I have the JT box set but I haven't watched that show yet :reject: Now that I have a new (reliable!) dvd player I should :wink:

Awesome! I'll make sure I burn you the Massey Hall one, then. And I'll look for more JT shows. And then there will be a few that I deem necessary viewing. :wink:

Ha, you're here! :lol: You can anticipate Lost posts before I even make them. :love:

:laugh: :mindmeld:

:heart:

I watched that tonight too, but only from MW to WOWY... I was using MW for practice (for obvious reasons :wink:)

Niice. I've been having to keep pressing pause, as the damn phone keeps ringing. I'd just screen all my calls and watch the DVD without interruption, except we're organizing stuff for tomorrow, so I can't just ignore these people and call them back another time. :lol:

I haven't watched Sydney in forever. :reject: I'm all about Stockholm, now. That, and I don't have a reliable dvd player. :|

My DVR will play some, the Playstation will play others (mostly burned dvds) and some won't play at all, like my 90 - 2000 videos dvd. I want to watch that SO badly. :scream:

Awesome! I'll make sure I burn you the Massey Hall one, then. And I'll look for more JT shows. And then there will be a few that I deem necessary viewing. :wink:

:giggle: I'll look forward to finding out just what those "necessary viewing" shows are :wink: I have the feeling my bootleg dvd collection is going to expand exponentially :lol:

I hadn't either, so this is a nice treat. :love: I've loved the Stockholm videos I've seen so far - it's an incredible show!

Ooh - those music videos are awesome. I haven't watched any U2 DVD's in ages, but I'm obviously on a fangirly kick right now. :giggle: If I get home at a decent hour tomorrow, I'll be watching the Pop DVD for sure!

FYI, I'm about to get that final half drink I shouldn't be having. :wink:

On this Miami dvd, it's the last show of the tour, and Bono is *very* chatty. He pulls a guy up from the crowd to play with them, and the guy has long dark hair and a beard. Bono says to him "ah, Jesus. I loved your early work." :lmao:

Apropos to nothing, really, I talked to my niece's husband on the phone earlier tonight. He's a HUGE U2 fan (he told me he saw Rattle and Hum in theaters like 20 times!), but hasn't been to see any shows the past two tours, and I even had extra GAs for the Vertigo Toronto shows, which I offered him! I was telling him of my upcoming U2 plans for this year. He told me he saw Motley Crue at the ACC last night. :sigh: I need to talk further to him, I guess...

In God's Country. :heart: If I could hug a song, it would be that.

From the Elevation Miami dvd, that you're all getting. :wink:

Ooh - that's a good one. I heard that one today as I was scanning thru songs on my iPod. :love: Not that version, mind you, but still.

"set me alight, we'll poonch a hole right through the night..."

OMG, the way he sings some words just fucking melts me, gah. [/fangirl]

Mmmm... yessss! :combust: :fangirl:

And now cue Adam jumping out of his skin during DGPFYCC. :giggle:

And now cue Adam jumping out of his skin during DGPFYCC. :giggle:

:giggle:

Poor Adam, in the groove of the show (and likely still recovering from the night before and however much he drank that made him miss the show) and being the laid back bassist... then *BOOM* :yikes:

I've always felt this affinity for the desert, which is fucking bizarre, because I've never been anywhere near one. :lol: In fact, in my baseball chat life, my screen name was Arizona, and to this day, one of my best friends in real life, who lives in my city and I randomly met on that site (!!!) calls me Zona. :lol:

Eta - my point? I love In God's Country. :)

I saw you guys refer to that today, and I have no idea what you're talking about! :lol: I'm going to have to watch again, I guess. I don't really pay all that much attention to Adam, generally. :reject:

Oh, the money confetti thing goes off during that song with a big BAM! and Adam jumps. :lol: You'd have to be paying attention to him, or else it's easy to miss. I didn't notice it until someone here pointed it out, I think. :lol:

I saw you guys refer to that today, and I have no idea what you're talking about! :lol: I'm going to have to watch again, I guess. I don't really pay all that much attention to Adam, generally. :reject:

Watch Adam while Bono's singing the "Daddy's gonna paaaaaaaay..." part repeatedly... Bono hits that long "paaaaaay" and the explosion happens with all the Zoo dollars.. that's when Adam jumps :giggle:

Thora - I didn't notice it either until someone pointed it out, but after you notice it you can't miss it *g* He's watching Bono and then the explosion happens behind him :lol:

This show is just fascinating. :shifty: They play Knockin' on Heaven's Door with this "Jesus" guy. The reason he picked him out of the crowd I think is because he's wearing an INXS shirt, and then Bono adlibs a verse about "he's wearing a t shirt with a friend of mine on it, a friend who got hurt...he lost his way, and I was losing it too...and I thank god this evening that I'm here with you..." And there's more.

But wow. Sometimes he lets himself be so naked on stage. It's chilling. I guess that's what makes him a great performer.

Sorry, I've gotta type this, it's too good not to share (I was a big INXS fan, too). In the adlibbed verse he also says:

"A beautiful boy with a beautiful way of seeing the world
A beautiful boy, and he loved the girls :)
A beautiful man, and although there was friction inside of him
He could have made a kind of pearl...
Knock, knock knocking on heaven's door..."

So gorgeous and honest. :heart: And honestly, I don't even like the song that much, but this is awesome. :heart:

Then at the end when they've finished, the dude, whose name is Matthew, is bowing as he's walking off, and Bono says "now Jesus, don't forget about your humility." :lmao:

Could he BE any more perfect?? :lol: :heart:

I saw a clip of the opening night of the Elevation tour in Miami. Bono was wearing this god awful hat. :lol:

VP, have you seen the show from the night Bob Hewson passed away? Such an emotional show. The performance of Kite is so incredibly powerful. And during the opening notes of Gone, Bono shouts out, "Bob Hewson!!!" :sad: :heart:

I saw a clip of the opening night of the Elevation tour in Miami. Bono was wearing this god awful hat. :lol:

VP, have you seen the show from the night Bob Hewson passed away? Such an emotional show. The performance of Kite is so incredibly powerful. And during the opening notes of Gone, Bono shouts out, "Bob Hewson!!!" :sad: :heart:

No, I haven't seen that. I need to get it. :heart:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom